“Just right”
Review of Casa Sedona Inn

Casa Sedona Inn
Ranked #3 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Reviewed October 7, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights and 4 days. We have stayed in many b B & Bs and this definitely met our expectations. The staff was accomodating and friendly. We called to check in early after a middle of the night start from the East Coast and they made sure our room was ready. The breakfasts were delicious and there were options if you didn't want the main dish. Everything was clean and the property was well maicured. The staff were very knowledgeable and had great recommendations for specific restaurants, hikes and other attractions. Nice bonus that they let you use their red rock pass so you do not have to buy it. We would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: All have a balcony or patio with a view.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 25, 2011

My husband and I stayed here to celebrate our 8th wedding anniversary. It was our first time staying at a B&B. It was wonderful! The inn itself is beautiful and well kept. We stayed in the Serena Vista room. It had a gas fireplace, a jacuzzi tub for two, separate shower, and a balcony. Breakfast both mornings was really yummy and eating outside on the patio was a nice touch. The folks who work there were very pleasant and very informative. They even had an anniversary gift waiting for us in our room. We definitely want to go back again and try out one of the other rooms!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2011

Elegant room & setting for a B & B in Sedona. Delicious Breakfast - great food; helpful staff.

Reviewed August 26, 2011

My husband and I had never stayed at a B&B before and were very pleasantly surprised!
The food was very good, the rooms were very nice and very clean. It is not your normal hotel room, which we liked very much and even though it had a few issues (the towel rack came apart and no air conditioning in the hallway) we thouroughly enjoyed our stay and will stay there again if we go back to Sedona! We have recommended it to our friends. The staff were extremely nice and helpful about things to do in Sedona and the surrounding area. All in all it was a great experience !

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 22, 2011

Stayed here with my boyfriend and my very well behaved/housebroken 20 pound mutt mix in the Garden Pueblo room. The room itself is nothing special. There's a fireplace on a timer which is kind of neat, but all in all I've stayed in way nicer rooms for much less money. The room felt dated and a little dingy. Be forewarned, it says right on the contract for pets that you cannot leave them unattended, except for breakfast...that makes it a little hard to explore Sedona if one of you is always in the room...and this is in the middle of the day with a very quiet dog. There's also not a dedicated area to walk your dog, so keep that in mind at night. They did allow us to slip away for dinner, but brought in a dog gate and requested we keep her in the bathroom while we were gone. It seemed odd, considering that I paid a fee to bring her, that there were so many rules about her stay. If their pet policy was posted on their website, we probably would have stayed elsewhere or made different arrangements.

All of the pet stuff aside, the stay was alright, nothing memorable. The breakfast and snack selections are a bit lacking...wish there was more variety. Next time we're in Sedona we'll probably stay somewhere else.

3  Thank Ciera P
casasedonainn, Owner at Casa Sedona Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2011

We feel the guest was not properly informed of the pet policy when they made their reservation. It was not fair them to be told our policy on arrival.(dogs must be crated if left alone in the room) We have corrected this by adding the policy to our reservation process. As a side note, the reason we asked them to confine the dog in the bathroom was because it was a puppy, not an adult dog.

Reviewed August 21, 2011

Booked two rooms and stayed with another couple. The room itself was just okay. Nothing special. We paid 199/night. I was told it is normally priced at 279/night. I know Sedona is on the expensive side but, I have stayed in hotels all over the country and must say I felt it was overpriced. The room needs to be updated and thoroughly cleaned. The carpets were stained and the soaking tub and doors in the room itself were dirty. We had access to a terrace with a great view, but when we went out to sit and enjoy the evening, it was ruined by people smoking. I have asthma and cannot tolerate it. There was a bucket of cigarette butts and ashes all over the table as well. It was disgusting to say the least. Breakfast was good, however, nothing special. A member in our party did find a long blonde hair in hers. They replaced her plate quickly, and apologized. I need to add that we ate outside and they had lovely tables set up, but there were flies crawling all over the utensils and juice containers which was not appetizing. I feel we could of had a much better experience somewhere else and I will find out on my next visit to Sedona.

3  Thank azibclc

It is heartbreaking to know this guest had a bad experience here at Casa Sedona. As I state in my other response, we have fired that housekeeper who had been with us for seven years and was trusted to do a good job. Also, I am so sorry that people chose to smoke around other guests as this is strictly against our policy which states smoking is only permitted on your own private deck or patio. This will never happen again as we have posted no smoking signs on the door to the common terraces. We actually appreciate your comments and consider them an opportunity to make the inn we love a place where every guest has a pleasant experience.

Reviewed August 20, 2011

I recently stayed at Casa Sedona Inn and had my small dog with me. The room appeared much nicer and larger online, and I booked it for two nights (Juniper). The description of this B&B does not state if there is an elevator, which it should, in case of a handicapped person. Also, there was no offer to assist with any bags and this room was on the second floor, a rather steep incline as well. I was mostly disappointed with this room because of the perfumery-scent of all the towels and bed linens. All the pillows were stained and smelled, so I used a bath towel over them when I slept. The room had not been cleaned well in a LONG TIME - debris and dust on the carpet behind the headboard and dust under the bed and along the floor under the one window in the room, which overlooked the front of the entry. The air conditioning unit is able to be turned off by a remote, however, they also have a main a/c which blows the coldest air continually, night and day, so I shut those vents completely, which did help. The gas fireplace is electrically ignited by a timer, which makes a loud ticking sound and which really is pathetic. The bedspread smelled and did not appear sanitary. The bathroom had a shower/jacuzzi - one of the doors was almost impossible to open which was really compounded by the fact you are standing on a wet surface and I almost fell attempting to open it. There was paint peeling in the sunlight, and the dark and dreary colors in the bathroom were not likeable. The entry light inside the room was bad and never was replaced, the closet door knob was broken through a hole and was never repaired. I did have a patio which provided a nice respite outside when the weather was not so hot, but it was a 'shared' patio, not private. The two women who are employed at Casa are extremely pleasant and do try to accommodate the guests in every respect. The hor'dorves are nice at around 4:15 each afternoon, but a there wasn't any selection of iced beverages except for water and a raspberry tea. The cookies were very good. I did not have the breakfasts because I prefer more simple food like poached eggs and muffin and juice/fruit - they evidently produce fancy things like stuffed tortillas, etc. and if you do not want that, they only offer cereals. So I did eat out both days for breakfast. I thought it unprofessional and unsanitary of the establishment not to ensure that their housekeepers perform everything well - they left a huge mountain of used, wet towels on the floor of another room adjacent to mine for a day and a half, and this room's door was left wide open so it did smell and I did not appreciate their lack of concern in this regard. They charged me $25 per day for my 7 lb Yorkie, which would have been ok if their housekeeping methods justified that charge being levied, since I wonder at this point if dirty, wet towels had also been left on my room's carpet, and how many times had it occurred? There is no excuse for filthiness in a hotel/motel/B&B room at any time, and this Inn certainly has seen better days. The owners definitely need to overhaul the entire place and grounds, offer better menus for 'everyone' , provide exceptionally-clean rooms, bedding and towels and not make excuses for bad landscaping! I might also add here that their system of booking and paying for the first night of your stay before you arrive, and then having to pay for the rest of your stay upon arrival be changed, since I did not have any option for any refund, nor was I offered one after I left a note to the Office Manager when I departed. You would think that they would want to offer some sort of recompense to someone who did not enjoy their stay due to their problems.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
6  Thank ratetheplace

My wife and I were astonished when we read this review. In 9 years as innkeepers, we hear every day from our guests how much they love Casa Sedona and it is heartbreaking to think that anyone had such an unpleasant experience here. Oddly, she never said a word while she was here. We have issued a credit on her credit card, addressed every concern she mentioned, and fired the housekeeper who was responsible for cleaning the building her room was in.