Canyon Villa Bed and Breakfast Inn of Sedona
Ranked #5 of 29 Sedona B&B and Inns
southern california
“First rate”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2007

One of the nicer B&Bs I have ever stayed at. The view from the Strawberry Cactus room was amazing. The place is very clean, spacious and the breakfast was fantastic. Not cheap but well worth it. Get a good room and stay at least two nights.

Stayed February 2007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (457)
Pasadena, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2007

My husband and I went with my parents and will return the next chance we get. The Rooms were private and well laid out, each with a fabulous view. Both our rooms allowed us to watch sunrise on the red rock from bed. Everything was immaculately clean and felt fresh.

The hosts were that perfect blend of available but unobtrusive. And oh so accomodating. I have food allergies- not wheat or gluten, and they were able to accomodate me without makeing me feel excluded at breakfast and appatizer time. That made me feel especially catered to, as it can be very difficult eating out.

We loved the huge common room with fireplace and found hte other guests so interesting that one night we stretched appetizer time so long we nearly missed dinner at the restaurants!

No children under 10, but there were families with children above that age. Common tables for breakfast was great, as everyone had a chance to share tips on hikes, restaurants and more.

Great location too. It's a few mintues drive south of Sedona proper, which we were wary of at first, but after a hike out the back garden into Red Rock country, and seeing the town itself, we felt it was the better choice.

We look forward to going back.

• Liked — location, room, breakfast, hosts, did I miss anything?
  • Disliked — Hmm. Can't think of anything.
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled with family
3 Thank Nomadic_One
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2007

When planning our trip to Sedona, I kept looking for that “special” place that I just couldn’t seem to put my hand on…when it came to lodging. I wanted my dreams and imagination to be fulfilled! Thru my search and elimination process, I zeroed in on The Canyon Villa Bed and Breakfast Inn of Sedona.

We made the reservations...and ,definitely were NOT disappointed! Instead, our expectations were surpassed! Our hosts, Les and Peg, were fantastic… emailing me before we left home to alert us of limited dining options…with the closure of so many restaurants over the holidays. Also, of several side trips and things "to not miss" while in Sedona. Betty, another of the innkeepers, was of extreme helpfulness with everything!

The inn was magnificient, as it was decked in its holiday finest… A huge Christmas tree with white ornaments and lights donned the space to the side of a floor to ceiling window that stretched two huge rooms…one room for dining, the other for lounging in front of a 2-way fireplace that spanned the division of the two rooms. Soft clasical music ,too, was evident throughout the common areas of the inn.

Our room (the Mariposa) didn’t fall short… A Victorian Christmas tree sat on one of our tables, a gas fireplace provided romantic ambience, the furniture was inviting and comfortable, the bathroom…very modern and large…very large! And, one side of our room had a floor to ceiling window that provided views of Bell Rock! The rooms also came with those fluffy bath robes! And, to complete the picture...we ordered a vase of red roses! They got their own attention..as the talk of the inn!

My assessment isn’t complete, though, without a word or two about the wonderful food! In the morning, fresh brewed coffee and juice awaited early risers… Several tables (of varying sizes) greeted the guests; families sitting together, couples together, etc. As you took your seat, each day a new gourmet creation came from the kitchen! (The inn has its own cookbook, which I quickly purchased.) And, in the early evening…hors ‘oeuvres, only to be followed by a scrumptious dessert(s) and tea/coffee/lemon water for late timers!

As I reflect, “Perfect” just seems to fall short of how I want to describe this wonderful inn. We were there 2 days; I overheard others say they were staying for a week (they were repeaters). Our next visit will no doubt be a week, too, as 2 days serves only as an appetizer…and a week may still not be long enough!!!

Stayed December 2006
1 Thank cthomps4
New York, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2007

I've been travelling for business for over 25 years and I've stayed at all the chains, other B & B's, etc. But I have never experienced the level of hospitality, graciousness and warmth that Les and Peg show to their guests. I stayed here prior to a business convention in early January. I had the opportunity to experience a night in the Strawberry Cactus (the view is utterly breathtaking) and two nights in the Mariposa (beautiful view, fireplace charm, garden privacy). The rooms are spotless, the little touches (mini-chocolates deskside) delightful, and the breakfasts - well! the breakfasts are beyond delicious. The Inn itself is quiet. I was only a ten minute drive to downtown Sedona through the most beautiful stretch of road in the U.S. Hiking trails are across the street, and for those that must - there is an outlet mall across the street as well. Plenty of wonderful restaurants close by. Peg arranged a day trip to the Grand Canyon for me and two colleagues that was deluxe in every way. The box breakfasts that were waiting for us as we left for the tour were very much appreciated. All I can say is the Canyon Villa is A+++++++++

• Liked — The delicious breakfasts
  • Disliked — I loved everything
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Criticaltraveller
Montreal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2007

LES & PEG are exceptional Inkeepers.The views, the afternoon goodies,the breakfasts are supurb & a treat to every sense...........The Fehrs ..Montreal Canada

Stayed November 2006
Madisdon, OH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2007

Our stay at the Canyon Villa Inn was the highlight of our three week vacation. The accomodations were excellent, the food was great and the views from our room were absolutly the best. The owner and staff met our every need, even accomodating us with no notice. They all were just great. We arrived unexpectely and were able to stay six days and then return for two more after a two day trip to the Grand Canyon. We feel that in a value to price comparison the Inn wins out hands down. There is no question that when we return to Sedona, we'll stay at the Canyon Villa Inn.

• Liked — Extremelt clean and comfortable with excellent service.
  • Disliked — Nothing.
  • Tips/Secrets — Get reservations early so you don't miss out on a great experience,
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank redtr3
balto.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2007

My husband and I visited Sedona for the fisrt time in Oct. '06 for our 25th. anniversary. After much research and confusion we picked the Canyon Villa B&B and were thrilled . We arrived in the evening and couldn't see anything , but when we awoke the next morning it was just like the web site pictures. The mountains just grabbed you in with their enormous size & beauty. You have to see it yourself to get the total effect.. You can almost reach out and touch them. We stayed in the Octillo room which has the best view overlooking the gardens, pool, and Red Rocks. The room itself was very comfortable and the staff very accommadating. They serve a beautiful & delicious breakfast every morning. Don't miss the sticky buns; even if just a taste. I liked sitting at the large table with a variety of the guests and swapping information & stories of our adventures in Sedonia. The owners of Canyon Villa; Les & Peg were extremely pleasant and helpful with information about the area and things to do. The B&B's location is also very close to downdown Sedona, only about 10 minutes. In closing if we do return to Sedona in the future I would surely stay again at The Canyon Villa. We LOVED it.

• Liked — view of the mountains
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple