“Quiet Oasis” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 29 Sedona B&B and Inns
Irvine, California
“Quiet Oasis”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

My husband and I chose this place because of the great reviews on Trip Advisor and it definitely lives up to the hype. The location is perfect as it is close to all the restaurants and attractions but not so close that you are bombarded with people and traffic. We stayed in the Settlers Pine room which was nice because it was pretty secluded. Although we didn't care for the construction that was going on right outside the balcony, it was very private and peaceful. We enjoyed the fireplace and the Jacuzzi and the bath salts that Lori makes were AMAZING! The water pressure in the shower was a little too intense for me but my husband loved it. The food was delicious! The first morning we were there we had quiche and the second morning we had orange ricotta pancakes which was quite possibly the best thing I've ever eaten. Jim and Lori were so helpful in in giving us information on where to go and what to do. My husband and I had never been to Sedona so we didn't know what to do first. We were given a detailed map of everything we should see and do and how to get there. We did everything on the list except Cathedral Rock (next time). We will definitely be back and we will definitely be staying at the Alma de Sedona!

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Saint George, Utah, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

We have stayed at this wonderful B&B twice and were headed back to Sedona a third time. We decided to maybe save a few dollars this time so we booked our stay at a local resort. When we got there the room was not the room we saw online, very cramped, no in room spa tub, and it smelled really bad. We knew we couldn't stay there. So I called Lori at 5:30 pm and begged her to let us stay at the Alma de Sedona. She is now my hero because she said, "Of course. Which room would you like?" We stayed in the Far Pavilions which was the first room we stayed in a year and a half ago and it was wonderful. We can lie in bed and see Thunder Mountain and the stars through our window. Breathtaking! The breakfasts Norma served us were so delicious. We love hot chocolate and they had a pot just for us each morning. Now that's service! Each day when we returned to our room after whatever Sedona adventure we had taken, the room was spotless. And we love sitting on the balcony and listening to the silence that is all around us. Jim was there the last morning of our stay and what a delightful man. He's a keeper! What more can we say? We will never even consider staying anywhere again. There is definitely nothing better!

Room Tip: Every room is beautiful. The ones on the second floor have a balcony with great views of the mountai...
Superior, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

Thank you for the hospitality Lori.
We had booked the Americana (?) Room but were upgraded upon arrival due to issues in room. The Native Spirits room was beautiful. Thank you Lori for the recomendations! We hiked Thunder Mtn, walked the tourist shops, and visited buddah beach and energy vortex near Cathedral rock. Everything was perfect thanks to your input! It wasgreat to come back to room and relax in hot tub and shower. The food was fabulous. I will return.
ps Lori...we forgot to tell you that Grand Canyon, Rambler wine was made at Page Springs...just what you suggested!

Room Tip: Second floor has great view. Lori is very knowledgable.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014

After experiencing 4 tremendous days with Lori at the B&B we wonder "How does it get any better than this?"
I choose this B&B for its location as well as the on site Medicine Wheel and Labyrinth. With the help of Lori's "conscious awareness" I truly experienced a deep centering and grounding. As far as the B&B one word describes....OUTSTANDING. From the grounds, service and comfortable room, this was a truly magnificent getaway. Our busy fun filled days started with a delightful breakfast served by Lori who not only answered all our questions, with eagerness she also asked how our previous day went.
This B&B is located in the "soul" of Sedona, offering easy access to eating, hiking, and exploring.
Many thanks to our new friend Lori, who I hope to see on our return visit.

Room Tip: Native Spirits room offered a wonderful view of the sunsets from our balcony and great view of Thund...
Manchester, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

I had always wanted to visit Sedona and as a first time solo traveller I wasn't sure where to stay, what to do, or where to go. I was flying blind and by chance I happened upon the Alma De Sedona on Trip Advisor. Upon my arrival I was warmly greeted by Nan who spent a good 20 minutes getting to know me and explaining the area. Where I should go, where I should be more cautious as a single female traveller, places to eat and drives to take to get the most out of my limited time there. I heeded her advice and took to the road after checking in to a lovely and well kept room and saw some of the most incredible sights I think my eyes will ever land upon. Breathtaking doesn't adequately describe Sedona.

In the morning I pulled the drapes open to an unblocked view of Thunder Mountain. Lying in bed sipping my coffee I watched the sun tip the eastern point of the mountain and then drip it's light over the rocks below. Is there a better way to start a day?

Up and showered I met Jim in the main house and was greeted with a warm smile and delightful conversation. Hot coffee was waiting for me as well as a freshly baked scone. The scones are reason enough to visit this treasure of an inn. Promptly following the scone a breakfast quesadilla was placed before me and was just what I needed before I set out of my days adventures of hiking Cathedral Rock. Mind blowing is a good word to describe this breakfast. Slightly spicy, slightly southwestern, all the way delicious.

After another full day I stopped back in at the main house to see Jim and let him know that I was back safely. And then got recommendations for dinner.

After a sublime day and a lovely dinner in uptown I took a well earned soak in the jacuzzi tub and settled into my very comfortable bed.

Checkout day was a sad one. Jim greeted me again and tempted me to stay by way of ricotta and orange pancakes. It was a difficult decision but unfortunately my obligations got in my way. Though I admit, I seriously considered extending my stay.

From the moment that I arrived at the Alma De Sedona I felt welcomed, I felt that I had found a group of people who genuinely cared about me by directing me to places to go and asking me to check in upon my return so that they knew I was safe. I would have never gotten that treatment by staying in one of the high end hotels. I didn't go to Sedona to be pampered by luxury, I went to Sedona to experience Sedona and that experience was made all the better by staying with the folks at the Alma De Sedona. I will be back and I will recommend them to anyone who asks and even those that don't.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Intdesigngirl
Quartzsite, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

Cant' say enough about our experience here. Beautiful room, delicious food, and hospitality. Jim and Nan took excellent of us and couldn't have been more welcoming. The gardens are restful and seem to take you to a zen like state. Be sure and walk the meditation circle. Highly recommend Alma de Sedona Inn Bed and Breadfast.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms have amazing views.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Long Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

Set in the perfect spot in West Sedona, central to all of our favorite activities, we enjoyed the perfect hospitality of Alma De Sedona. Jim our host was the best and really made us feel at home. The room was appointed wonderfully in a large bedroom accommodation, balcony and yes a fire place. The breakfasts were absolutely delicious and creative each morning over our 5 night stay. Would not hesitate at all in returning to this beautiful and friendly inn.

Room Tip: Rooms on the upper floors would have the best views but in reality there are no bad rooms.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business