“Wonderful and relaxing!”

Ranked #8 of 29 Sedona B&B and Inns
Henderson, Nevada
“Wonderful and relaxing!”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Needed a little R&R for myself so I set out to Sedona to relax and cool off. I have not always enjoyed b&b's but this Inn is wonderful. Each room feels like a private casita - beautifully decorated, spacious and extremely quiet! The bed was comfy and as I had read, the room was immaculate! I just happened to be the only guest that evening but felt completely at ease. The pool is heated and was wonderful as were the gardens and labyrinth. I was given a list of recommended restaurants and tried their Thai recommendation (Thai Spices) which was wonderful! The next morning I was the only recipient of a wonderful breakfast that took into account the various food allergies I had emailed them about (amazing)! Fresh fruit, yogurt, juice, coffee, and a wonderful egg burrito. Highly recommend the Alma de Sedona!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Just spent the most amazing 4th of July weekend at Alma de Sedona! My girlfriend and I booked a room for the weekend with Lori. She was so welcoming and wonderful to work with initially which made me think we made a great choice. However, after we arrived it was obvious we underestimated her service because it just kept getting better. She not only welcomed us with a warm smile and hug but fully explained the amenities and the area while giving us some recommendations on things to do and see. She escorted us to the room that we had booked but she also brought along a few other keys to other rooms knowing that she wanted to upgrade our room as a customer service. Fortunately, they were slow this weekend so she was able to do this but I wouldn't expect her to be able to offer this during peak season. The rooms were very warm and welcoming while being much better than the pictures indicated. Fortunately, they are going to be doing some upgraded pictures so hopefully they will reflect the feel and look of the rooms more effectively. The breakfast meals were delicious and prepared at the time we had agreed and although we enjoyed a breakfast in the lodge on Saturday they personally delivered breakfast on Sunday morning to the room as we decided to sleep in a little longer. Overall this was a wonderful experience and Lori and the rest of the staff were more than accommodating with our request. I would highly recommend this bed and breakfast and we will definitely be returning in the near future. We are already looking forward to our next trip!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We had only one night in Sedona, and wanted to make it special. Luckily a room was open, because after hours pouring over options, this was the place I wanted to go! My husband had never seen Sedona, and I wanted his first experience to include a wonderful view off a deck or balcony. We stayed in one of the second floor rooms and had a gorgeous view at night and in the morning. Coffee on our balcony was wonderful, listening to the birds and viewing the red rock all around us. Then we headed down for a wonderful breakfast. Laurie was a great host; she filled us in on all the options in town and we left with enough materials to plan a much longer visit next time. We did the drive and hike she recommended, and had a great dinner as well at one of the restaurants near by. We will be back!

Walden, New York
Reviewed June 12, 2013

After hrs of research..we decided on Alma de Sadona for our 7 night stay in Sedona ...we love b&b's and read many reviews about this one..we chose it also for the central location for all our sight seeing....grand canyon,oak creek canyon, our Red Rock sunrise ballon ride...which was fabulous..our pink jeep tour to broken arrow/ senic rim ,train to perkinsville...sight seeing and shopping in Jerome and antiqueing in prescott. We arrived the 1st week of June..with lower rates and less people we picked the perfect time in arizonia..the weather was prefect..blue skies and about 100 every day ..but we never really felt HOT...the B&b is near Thunder mountain and chimney rock where I took an early morning walk to start my day before breakfast...speaking of breakfast...yummmmm.it was so good and to die for every morning..Healthy fresh fruit ..omelettes, pancakes...just our style..The room was just perfect..settlers pine...king bed ,fireplace,great shower,..but I have to say we didn't stay in the room ..much..only to sleep..we were out and about everyday..Lori was very helpful with setting up our adventures thank you Lori,Norma and staff for a wonderful ...perfect vacation ..

moorestown
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Just spent 3 perfect nights at Alma de Sedona. I'm a big hiker and was greeted with great advice on warm-up hikes and tougher hikes throughout our stay. The staff was happy to prepare early breakfasts-to-go to accommodate our early morning hiking schedule. Swimming and relaxing in the shade by the pool with a chilled bottle of wine was a terrific way to wind down after some long, hot hikes! The Inn is situated well in the town within walking distance of several good hikes and an easy drive to amazing hikes in west Sedona. The grounds around and views from the Inn are better than any nearby. A welcoming, warm and beautiful setting for any occasion. Our room was one of the least expensive and yet I would have picked it despite our budget!

St. Petersburg, Florida, USA
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I stayed at the Alma de Sedona for 3 nights in May. It was the perfect time of the year to visit Sedona. Lori is an amazing host., Nan was great company, and Norma's food was amazing!.

They made my stay special. The inn was the perfect place to rest and relax after a busy day. The raspberry lemonade in the afternoon was a special treat. I will definitely stay there again. Thanks for one of my best vacations ever!

Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Before I arrived Lori and her staff were busy making my reservations for a Grand Canyon tour, horseback riding and connecting me to Inner Journeys for a spiritual journey I'll not forget.
I stayed in the Desert View room for 4 nights. I loved the quiet I found there sleeping with my deck door open and the night sky filled with stars. It was magical. I appreciated that breakfast was provided the night before my Grand Canyon tour. I liked that there is a labyrinth, a medicine wheel and a water fountain that looks more like a mountain stream. Alma is a great place to begin or continue meditation. I highly recommend it and hope to return soon.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo