“Beautiful and Relaxing Experience”

and 1 more site!
Alma de Sedona Inn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #8 of 29 Sedona B&B and Inns
Phoenix, Arizona
“Beautiful and Relaxing Experience”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Lori and her staff have done it again. Their hospitality and beautiful rooms made our 3 night get away a wonderful and relaxing experience. The views of the sunset from our upper room balcony were amazing. My wife and I are avid hikers and we found the Sedona area one of the most beautiful to enjoy outdoors. After a long hike the jacuzzi tub in our room was a welcome sight. Lori and her staff are very helpful in providing local information on just about anything and I'm sure you will find them extremely helpful.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms as all have views of the beautiful Sedona Red Rock Scenery. My preference is...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I chose alma from a list of other bed and breakfasts' based on their offer of the red rock romance package. (Truely wonderful/affordable/ WELL WORTH IT package). Let me start off by saying that their website doesn't do the beauty of this place justice. Its in the heart of sedona but also far enough away to be calm, quiet, and peacful. My boyfriend and I stayed for 2 nights and 3 days. Jim and lori (the inn keepers) were extremely sweet and personal. Complimemtary breakfast was provided hot and fresh every morning promptly at 8:30am. Our massage therapist rhonda and kate were also excellent and professional. I have nothing but rave reviews about alma de sedona. Best place for the best price!

• Stayed March 2013
Champaign, Illinois
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Spent a wonderful 5 nights at the Inn. The room was excellent, with a fantastic view of the Thunder Mountain. The mornings sitting on the patio, with the sun rising, and enjoying the peaceful surroundings was great. From the time we checked in till we left, (and we really didnt want to leave), the attention we received was excellent. Being this was the first time to Sedona, every morning we would talk with the Inn Keeper at breakfast, about our plans, and get excellent advice on the area. The friendly atmosphere was great. When we return to Sedona, we already know where we are staying, The Alma de Sedona Inn Bed and Breakfast.

New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The inn is in a beautiful area of Sedona--close to a main road and some hiking trails, but in a quiet neighborhood. My view was beautiful in the snow. The room was lovely and the hot tub was quite relaxing after a long day of hiking. My room had a small fridge, which was helpful. Lori was very nice. The common room was very charming and bright.
A few things to note, though. First, the hours are limited. By 6:00, the staff is gone and the common area is locked. This means no access to the computer, no one to ask for restaurant advice or directions, no one to answer the phone, no way to get replacement soap, etc. I have not found this to be the case at other B&Bs (usually someone is on duty until 10-11, at least).
Second, the breakfasts are good but not always healthy for a pre-hike meal. The first morning was a delicious and healthy breakfast burrito, but the second morning had only the option of pancakes. I left to go to the Coffee Pot for some eggs (highly recommended!). If you planning to do a lot of hiking, this won't matter.
Third, be aware that they make NO accommodations for you in case of inclement weather. I ended up driving through a bad and unexpected snowstorm. When I called it was made clear that they would not allow me to cancel that night. As a result, I drove (3 hours instead of 45 minutes!) instead of doing the safer thing and staying in Flagstaff, because I couldn't afford to pay for 2 hotels. While B&Bs understandably have strict no-cancellation policies, I've found there to be a weather exception. When this has happened to me before (and it has, thanks to travelling often in upstate New York), the owner is always super gracious--and sometimes insistent!--about letting me reschedule or cancel a night until I can get there safely. This was not the case with the Alma. I don't blame them necessarily, but it doesn't win them the extra points that it has won the other B&Bs. 10 months out of the year it probably won't be an issue for anyone, but be aware if you make plans for January or February. Snowstorm or not, you're paying for your room.
Finally, and this is a super small quibble, but they are not subtle about expecting you to leave a tip. There's a special tip envelop and it is alluded to several times in the welcome binder. I recognize that they want guests to understand that the hotel is not owner-operated and so tips are welcome, and of course I left a tip (I would have anyway), but it felt pushy. One mention of the fact that the inn is not owner-operated should be sufficient.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
West Linn
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Only one issue to note. The bed was as hard as any I have ever slept on. I like them softer.

The food and service was excellent and we had special needs. It is a quiet place all alone in the woods and right in the middle of everything, but you would never know it.
I have been here twice and will come back again.

Room Tip: In the winter ask for a room in the sun. I had a great snooze.
Saint George, Utah, United States
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We spent 4 wonderful days here and loved it just as much as our first stay 6 months ago. We stayed in the newly renovated Native Spirits Room on the top floor and we felt like we were staying in a Parade of Homes home. The decor was over the top. It had a native American style to it and it was very warm and inviting. We spent some time on our private deck eating lunch and then looking at the stars later at night. The fireplace was a nice touch and everything was so clean and enjoyable. Lori serves up some unique and delicious breakfasts. We mentioned to her when we arrived that we liked hot chocolate for breakfast. So every morning when we arrived for breakfast she brought us our own little teapot full of rich hot chocolate. Thank you Lori! This place is a treasure and we plan on making this at least an annual trip.

Room Tip: The rooms on the top floor have great views and are very quiet.
Reviewed March 8, 2013

We spent 3 nights at this beautiful Inn. Fabulous room and the best breakfast!! Lori the innkeeper is so sweet. It was truely a home away from home. My husband and I loved it and will return to the Alma De Sedona.

• Stayed March 2013