“Great Margaritas and Overall Ambience”
Review of Barking Frog Grille - CLOSED

Barking Frog Grille
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: After ten dedicated years of serving the Sedona community and its visitors, the Barking Frog Grille will be closing on September 4th. After renovations to the building and the addition of a 700 sq. ft. dining patio offering great Red Rock views in West Sedona, the new concept of QUALITY KITCHEN + BAR will be introduced on September 21st. We are forever grateful to the Sedona community for its support and interest in the Barking Frog Grille, but are now equally enthusiastic about the opportunity to partner with Executive Chef Michael Clancy to bring you QUALITY KITCHEN + BAR. View our Sample Menu at www.qualitykitchenandbar.com
Reviewed April 5, 2014

This restaurant was recommended to us by our hotel's staff, and it did not disappoint. The wait time was about 35-40 min, but we spent it by sipping margaritas at the bar. The margaritas were out of this world, the best ones I have ever had, and I have traveled around. The Barking Frog has a very nice, old world ambiance, with stone walls, high ceilings, and monumental fireplaces. The service was pleasant, but a bit annoying to my liking, with "is there anything else I get you" every 5 minutes.:)

Reviewed April 4, 2014

The menu choices are extensive and food quality was very good. A good family place An interesting place to eat.

Reviewed April 4, 2014

The restaurant is in a lovely old building. I always wonder why if there are other choice seats, why some hostesses try to put people who make reservations in the crappiest locations (e.g., near the kitchen). We chose to move to a better place.

The food and service were very good. The margaritas were outstanding! The beet salad was delicious I had the ribs which were very tasty but was disappointed in the cole slaw which was described as cilantro peanut. Hard to taste either in the cole slaw.

While our waiter was great, clearly the kitchen needed to hasten their pace. We must have waited about 1/2 hour between our appetizers and entrees. Aside from that. was a nice evening.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

We visited this restaurant this spring for dinner. The atmosphere was wonderful and the service was excellent. Loved the variety of dishes!

Reviewed April 1, 2014

We took a chance on going here as it was our third choice. The reviews I read were equally divided between 1 star and 5 stars. Didn't start out well as the hostess forgot about us and seemed surprised when we came back from the waiting area she sent us to, to check on when we would be seated. We got a seat in the bar area, not too noisy. The waitress was very attentive. I ordered an appetizer and an salad as my dinner and my husband had the trout. Our dinners came at the same time, (+) points as that doesn't always happen. My husband said his trout was perfect. My spinach and strawberry salad was very good. I had a sampler of 3 dips with chips as my other item. I one of the dips and the others were not to my liking. But I think it was personal taste, rather than anything to do with the preparation. And best of all, we got our check when asked and didn't have to sit around waiting for it. Glad we took the chance. Would go again, with reservations, the dining room looked very nice.