“Redeemed Themselves At Lunch”
Review of Barking Frog Grille - CLOSED

Barking Frog Grille
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: After ten dedicated years of serving the Sedona community and its visitors, the Barking Frog Grille will be closing on September 4th. After renovations to the building and the addition of a 700 sq. ft. dining patio offering great Red Rock views in West Sedona, the new concept of QUALITY KITCHEN + BAR will be introduced on September 21st. We are forever grateful to the Sedona community for its support and interest in the Barking Frog Grille, but are now equally enthusiastic about the opportunity to partner with Executive Chef Michael Clancy to bring you QUALITY KITCHEN + BAR. View our Sample Menu at www.qualitykitchenandbar.com
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I slammed this place in my last review but we stopped here for lunch on our way out of town and it was a great experience. Tammy was a terrific server, dealing patiently with our special needs son. The calamari hit the spot, big time, and my chili relleno was the best I've ever eaten. [I use chili rellenos as my "test" entree for determining a decent Mexican restaurant and this one was a home run. Big time!]

The only downer was that my wife's top-of-the-line margarita came with some strange schmutsch floating in it. After sending it back for a do-over it seemed to return sans alcohol. Hmmmmmmmm.

Oh well, we had a good lunch here. Might be a while before we venture back for dinner, though.

Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

The outside of this restaurant is a great shield for the very nice restaurant once in the front doors. It was a quiet dinner. Staff was wonderful and food was great. Recommend.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

We dropped in for a lite lunch and were promptly greated warmly and seated. Our server seemed to be covering a lot of tables but touched based quickly. My wife ordered the Salmon-shrimp Cakes and a Sonoran Caesar Salad. Our server thoughtfully reviewed their unique approach to the salad to ensure she wouldn't be surprized - cornbread croutons, corn relish and pico de gallo added to a traditional Caesar. It sounded great so she confirmed the order. I ordered the Southwest Lettuce Wraps - made with chicken, mango jicama, corn & avocado salsa and baby iceburg lettuce. When our food arrived the presentation of all three dishes was excellent. I was pleasanty surprised when my wraps arrived. There were four "pre-assembled" lettuce wraps - which I actually liked. The lettuce was not the typical single layer of flimsy lettuce. They were about 5" across and substantial in their structure. The mango-corn-avocado topings were fresh and very tasty. The chicken was shredded, somewhat bland and saturated in liquid that made the dining experience a little messier than necessary. My wife's Salmon-Shrimp Cakes were three ~ 2.5", perfectly prepared cakes and topped with a smoky chipotle pepper remoulade sauce. She described these to me as "simply to die for" - and I agree. The caesar was exactly as defined and was crisp and flavorful. All along our dining experience, our server (Azure) checked in to be sure everything was okay and to remove finished items. She was very pleasant and helpful. We'll definitely return.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Last night in Sedona prior to flying back to Delaware had a wonderful meal with an excellent desert "Churro's" we are still talking about this restaurant after three weeks back in Dover.
Will definitely hit this place when we come back.

Thanks for a great meal.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We went there for our final Sedona vacation meal. Our waiter, Thomas L. was incredible. The food was over the top. I have never had such good service before. Very, very, very expensive for dinner, especially for a family, but if it is a once in a blue moon occasion, then it is well worth the money! We plan on making this our last stop each year when we come to Sedona.