“Happy Happy Hour”

Barking Frog Grille
Ranked #43 of 194 Restaurants in Sedona
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, American, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: An American Restaurant with a Southwest Bark!
Chicago, Illinois
“Happy Happy Hour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

We were just looking for a place to have an afternoon glass of wine and stumbled on to a great Happy Hour. The deal is 30% off on drinks and a special Happy Hour menu. Wines were quality and appetizers were above par.

Service was a bit slower than I'd like but it was a busy and cold day so that may be the reason. I would definitely recommend this place, infact, I'll likely be back before I leave this part of the world.

• Visited February 2013

montana
“Great Lunch Spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

I really enjoyed my lunch here. I had the Barking Frog Trio and didn't really know what to expect but was very pleased. The have a very nice atmosphere and I would guess it is great for dinner too.

Prescott, AZ
“Spanish Colonial charmer in West Sedona.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

We have been here several times. The Southwestern cuisine is very good..... very unique chile relleno. Ribs are also very good. Cocktails we're done well and reasonable. The dining room was intimate and designed in a Spanish Colonial manner with dark, heavy furniture, tall ceilings with arched walkways, murals on the walls, nice fireplace. A very pleasant experience.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank orangensaft
Sedona, Arizona
“This local probably won't go back: great food, but be coupon weary”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

This is my 2nd time here. The food is very good, probably a 4-4.5 star on it's own. The service has been great both times. BUT, what brought us in there today was a coupon for 15% off. Not only did they charge us 20% gratuity, but another 20% surcharge that the waitress said was mentioned on the coupon. The surcharge was not mentioned at all, and the coupon said 'gratuity may be applied'. That is just crap. We basically paid more than if we'd not had the coupon. They probably won't be seeing me again.

Bellevue, Washington
“Great fun place for lunch, dinner or happy hour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

I just returned from another 2 week visit to Sedona - can't get enough of that place!! Once again we went to Barking Frog Grill, this time for my husband's birthday. We decided to go for happy hours (30% off small bites menu) and share a bunch of " small bites" and have prickly pear margaritas. Everyone ordered something different and we shared. The portions were easily enough to share and great variety. Favorites were the grilled white shrimp, prickly pear fries and little pizza. If you haven't tried anything "prickly pear" you must! Excellent and a fun new adventure to add to your vacation! The atmosphere is southwest with different rooms and wonderful warm decor. Our waiter Dan was fun, professional and very personable. He brought my husband's a wonderful chocolate dessert to help celebrate his birthday. Overall it was a great evening; good friends, fun place and excellent food.
There are lots of wonderful restaurants in Sedona but we always manage to fit in the Barking frog. They are located off hwy 89a in West Sedona.
I have other Sedona reviews in my portfolio. Feel free to contact me with any questions.

1 Thank Pamh60

Been to Barking Frog Grille? Share your experiences!