“I loved this restaurant with the crazy name!”
Review of Barking Frog Grille - CLOSED

Barking Frog Grille
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: After ten dedicated years of serving the Sedona community and its visitors, the Barking Frog Grille will be closing on September 4th. After renovations to the building and the addition of a 700 sq. ft. dining patio offering great Red Rock views in West Sedona, the new concept of QUALITY KITCHEN + BAR will be introduced on September 21st. We are forever grateful to the Sedona community for its support and interest in the Barking Frog Grille, but are now equally enthusiastic about the opportunity to partner with Executive Chef Michael Clancy to bring you QUALITY KITCHEN + BAR. View our Sample Menu at www.qualitykitchenandbar.com
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We had to wait quite a while for a table, but it really was worth the wait. The server was very good and the food was great; very flavourful and thoughtfully presented. I found the menu to be quite different, but very interesting. The restaurant just had a good feel to it. I would definitely go back again.

Thank Mrs. M

Reviewed October 31, 2012

We had dinner here as a special night out during our honeymoon. Everything in Sedona seems pretty casual, and this fit the bill. When we went, the restuarant was dead - only about 4 other tables. We had excellent service and delicious food. Our server let us sample 3 beers each before we made our final decision. If you like calamari and don't mind a little kick, try the Chili Fried Calamari appetizer. We had that and the beef tacos in blue corn tortillas. Both were delicious and filling. For two beers, an appetizer, and two entrees, we escaped with a bill under $50.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

I had the Black and Blue salad. It was delicious. The bleu cheese of course was there to wake me up, but then the fresh greens and the berries also made for a sweet time. It was not too big, as many salads can be. My dining companion had the strawberry spinach salad and reported it excellent as well. Now I have to go back!

Reviewed October 30, 2012

We pulled in because it had an out of the ordinary name and looked like a nice place...come to find out it was an awesome place. We had lunch and the atsmophere was great. Casual and everything on the menu looked wonderful. The worse part was chosing what to get. Our waitress was very helpful with suggestions in every area on the menu. American cuisine with a southern flare (if you wanted that). I had the chicken nachos and my husband had the special of the day, a club.Large portions and priced very reasonable. Our waitress was very good too! I would definately recommend this or its sister restaurants, The Silver Sadle or the ?????Cowboy (cant remember the name).

Reviewed October 29, 2012

My wife and I were coming back from a trip to the Grand Canyon and we stopped in Sedona for a one night stay. The concierge at the Best Western told us to try the Barking Frog and we did. The decor was very attractive and is changed seasonally according to our waitress. I ordered the chicken in a crock pot and my wife ordered the ribs as our main dishes. We both started with a salad, which was very good. Fresh greens and a nice house dressing. My chicken in a crock pot had a huge portion of chicken along with mushrooms and peppers which were all cooked in the crock pot. It was absolutely delicious. My wife's ribs were also perfectly cooked and they were "fall off the bone" good. We really enjoyed our meal and we highly recommend it to anyone visiting Sedona, Arizona.