“Great place! A must-do in Sedona.”
Review of Elote Cafe

Elote Cafe
Ranked #4 of 209 Restaurants in Sedona
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Reviewed March 21, 2009

If you're hungry for gourmet mexican-inspired dishes, this is the place. We grabbed chairs at the bar and had a great time. The seafood tacos are quite tasty, and the duck flautas are also highly recommended. Four of us shared these selections, which were about $10 each.

We were highly impressed with the variety of tequilas available, and the fact that the staff knows what they're serving.

2  Thank bogberto
Write a ReviewReviews (4,581)

Reviewed March 17, 2009

A person at the visitor's center recommended this restaurant to us. The place is very busy because it is so good. The bar is a good place to hang if you need to wait for a table. The drinks are excellent and the bartender is a great host. The service was very good. Our waitress from the first night recognized us on the second night and stopped by to say hello. I had a Chile Relleno. I don't think the chile had any batter on it, it was charred and filled with a wonderful stuffing. My wife had a red snapper, a whole fish. I don't know how to describe its preparation but it was excellent to. The next night my wife had the lamb and I had some type of pork. We both were very pleased with our selections. He has a cookbook coming out. It should sell very well.

2  Thank sgoet
Reviewed March 12, 2009

This is by far the best place to eat in Sedona. The food is AMAZING - not one false note. Some of the best authentic Mexican you'll find.
The Elote app is addictive, and the seafood tacos perfect. The drinks were also top notch. I was pleased when the chef delivered my meal to the bar and stopped to chat about the food and restaurant even though it was fairly busy.

1  Thank cmbassett
Reviewed March 4, 2009

Took 12 key clients to Cafe Elote and we all had scrumious meals all around. My clients are from all over the country and I live in Napa CA where great food is common place. We had several appetizers and I loved the Quesadilla de Costilla and the Green Corn Tamal. Several of us had the Puerco en Cascabel and it was delicious. A couple had the Roasted Snapper and loved it. Four had the Lamb Adobo and raved about that dish. We all are waiting for Chef Jeff's cookbook which is coming out soon. This is not your typical Mexican restaurant. Acausal, fun place and the food was fabulous. We had a great time. We also had reservations so there was no wait, however the food is worth a wait.

1  Thank NapaTraveler5
Reviewed March 3, 2009

We were underwhelmed by the restaurant choices in Sedona, and our innkeeper recommended Elote. It was delicious! I had the tamal and a jicama salad and both were delicious. My husband had puerco en casabel which was also really good. The restaurant has a great atmosphere and friendly waitstaff.

1  Thank travelsofsprout

Been to Elote Cafe? Share your experiences!