“Worth the wait!”

Ranked #4 of 198 Restaurants in Sedona
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Reviewed June 13, 2014

My wife and I ate there last night. We got there before 6:00 on a Thursday night and they were packed. There were not even any seats at the bar. The hostess told us it would be about a twenty minute wait. They have a window at the side of the bar where you can order drinks while waiting. If you order a drink, they give you a small bowl of complimentary pop corn. It was delicious!. So were the drinks. We both got their special Margarita made with Passion Fruit. We were seated even sooner than they had told us. I had the Carnitas and my wife had the Smoked Chicken enchilada. Both were excellent! Our waiter, Adrian, was also excellent. This place is very popular but well worth the wait.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

This is a trendy popular restaurant that was amazingly good 2 years ago. Now it's not worth the very long waits or high prices. Pick somewhere else.

1  Thank gatorgirl81
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Waited 1 hour for dinner at 5pm, which was well worth it. We got an outside table, which I recommend if the weather allows. All the food was yummy. I had the lamb shank, which was great. I expected the place to be more expensive but the prices were fair. The server was very friendly. Got to see the sunset with the Sedona mountains in the background as a bonus. My wife had the carnitas dish and their signature Pastel de elote for desert. I would definitely visit again on a future trip.

2  Thank Joe S
Reviewed June 12, 2014

We love this restaurant and eat here every time we visit Sedona. The atmosphere is always awesome. Drinks are great along with service. And all of that pales in comparison to the food. Every single item is great and fresh. The chef rotates the menu regularly. Get here early (4:30 or so) before doors open so you don't have a 1.5 hour wait!

Reviewed June 11, 2014

After a long day of exploring Sedona, we ordered dinner for two to go on a Friday night at 8:00 PM. Surprisingly, it only took 15 minutes. The super friendly & patient hostess team bagged our food expertly and even thought to include utensils for two; definitely appreciated as we were out of towners staying in a hotel room. By the time we got back to our hotel, the food was still piping hot & delicious!

This restaurant is a must when in Sedona and ordering it to go made it effortless, no wait time:)

Between the two of us, we ordered one Elote appetizer, one jicama & orange salad appetizer and one cornmeal crusted scallop entree. Soo yummy and for just $60, very affordable.

Been to Elote Cafe? Share your experiences!