“Do not leave Sedona without eating here!”
Review of Elote Cafe

Elote Cafe
Ranked #7 of 196 Restaurants in Sedona
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Scenic view, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Do not leave Sedona without eating here!”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Amazing food and great ambiance. We LOVED the southwestern blankets they provide everyone sitting on the patio to wrap around them. Such a great touch. The goat cheese enchiladas were outstanding and the elote appetizer is a MUST. I have already downloaded the recipe although I am sure it will be impossible to replicate.

• Visited October 2013

Newton, New Jersey
“Excellent meal and worth the wait!”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Fantastic restaurant, but if you don’t want a long wait you better get there by 4:45pm on a weekend. I didn’t realize there’d be such a long wait at 5pm! They open the doors, and if you’re not lucky enough to get a table right away your name is put on a list (I had a 45 min wait) and you can grab a drink (not in the bar area – those seats were for diners) and sit at chair in a hallway or grab a table outside. They eventually seated me at the bar which wasn’t an issue for me because I was dining alone. Service was of course quick and before I knew it they were bringing my food out. I ordered the carnitas which were awesome!! I couldn’t have asked for a better meal. While I enjoyed it I got the distinct feeling they want you eat and go – they don’t want you to linger over a drink chatting about nothing with your friends. The place is a little small so while I understand their reasons, it would be a bit of a drag if you were with friends and wanted to chat over drinks.

Awesome meal and I’m soooo glad I stopped in there and hit it at the right time! Definitely worth a stop!

• Visited September 2013
Encinitas
“Delicious! Worth the Wait.”
Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

Okay, call me skeptical. When a restaurant tells you it's going to be 1.5 hours before they can seat you, like most people I wonder if it is going to be worth it. All the reviewers here raved about this place so we hung in there with the long wait. We weren't disappointed. The food is amazing and original. Try the signature Elote appetizer. The pig cheeks are amazing. So is the Fig/Cotija salad. We're from San Diego and have access to some of the best Mexican food in the country -- so these compliments are well deserved. When in Sedona -- eat at Elote!

Visited October 2013
McGregor, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fabulous guacamole”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Our first trip to the busy Elote last week was worth the wait. The specialty is the Elote appetizer, which we saw everyone ordering and looked great, but we chose the guacamole appetizer instead. It was fabulous!! The chef brought it out to us and I regret I did not have a chance to compliment him. The guacamole had spicy almonds, corn, and cilantro. Loved the combination, simple, but refreshingly different from the usual guacamole. Next time in Sedona I will buy the cook book and have the chef sign it like he did for the couple next to us. It looked like a real treat.

• Visited October 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
“THE BEST”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Margaritas and Food... prepare to wait, but do yourself a favor and grab a marg and just relax. The food is worth it. we spent 3 nights in Sedona and ate here 2 times... would have been 3 if we got in on time the first night. Chef is humble and very pleasant as is the staff.

Visited September 2013