“I hate Mexican Food....But I loved this place.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Elote Cafe

Elote Cafe
Ranked #7 of 190 Restaurants in Sedona
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view, Kids, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Prescott, Arizona
“I hate Mexican Food....But I loved this place.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

What a great find in tacky, touristy Sedona food scene. We got there early, and there was already a line. They opened up and started seating people because it was raining. The staff were so nice, knowledgeable and professional. The menu, imaginative and fresh. The food delicious and prepared by a chef who watches what comes out of his kitchen. Every dish was put together with care and creativity. And the prices don't break the bank. Wait if you must , it was worth it. Finally a restaurant in N. Arizona where someone makes an effort. Gracias, Elote.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank inoitall

Bradley Beach, New Jersey
“AMAZING”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

Go hungry!! Food here is divine as are the margs. We went on a wed nite around 7;30 no wait You have to get the elote app it is to die for .We had the jicima salad too it was delish.The restaurant is very cute and comfortable and the prices are reasonable I thought. They offer margarita flights and have a delicious sangria on the menu.Go to Elote you will not be disappointed.

2 Thank travlinteach
“Worth the Hype”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

We visited on Friday night at about 6 pm. We were told it would be a 30 minute wait. So we ordered our drinks (a flight of margaritas) and went outside to wait. We were called in before we could even take a sip i.e. less than 5 minutes. We were very pleased as we had heard about some long waits. Maybe, it was because we arrived before the masses looking for the sunset pictures arrived???

The entrees are generous and delicious. I had the Carne Assada and my husband the Lamb Asoda. His meat was so tender it fell off the bone and was covered in the richest jus. Divine. The refried beans were amazing, it tasted like they had been cooked with chocolate.

For me best of all was the complimentary salsa delivered to the table when you are seated. It was SOOOO GOOD, we had 2 refills! No wonder I couldn't finish my meal.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank ParistoNY
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Delicious dinner.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

We had a delicious dinner, once again, at Elote Café in Sedona. We arrived at 5:30 on a Thursday night and didn't have to wait for a table. We did get the last one so arriving early is a must unless you don't mind a wait. The food is certainly worth the wait. We were seated in the side room away from Rt. 179 but there are great red rock views out of the large windows. Our server, Kari, made us feel welcome and has a bubbly personality. She was more than happy to let me know which dishes were not as spicy as I can't tolerate highly spiced dishes. My husband devoured his carne asada and I loved my emolada. It is a smoked chicken enchilada with a deeply flavored mole sauce. The rice and refried black beans are served in a side dish and are quite flavorful. I'm not exactly sure what spices they use in the rice but it is unique and quite good. The chips and salsa are good, too. We never seem to have room for dessert but they seem interesting so one day we will have to try one. The décor is sparse but the real art is the view out the window and the food on the plate.

1 Thank 14Art14Trout
“Superb Anniversary dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

We wanted to try this place last year, but they close for two weeks at the end of August. This time we made it the night before they left.
We had heard about the long wait so we arrived at 4:30 (they open at 5:00) we got seated right away.
The margaritas are great! I had the special "43" Margarita.
We tried the appetizers , Elote and Barbacoa Quesidilla. The Elote is a MUST!
My wife had the Smoked Pork Cheeks. Mmmmmm
I had the Halobut in a green mole sauce. Cooked to perfection with a delicious sauce.
We were too full for dessert, enjoyed a shot of Agavero. Delicious.
Can't wait until next year!

1 Thank Stephen K