“Accessibility?”

Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine
PAWLING
“Accessibility?”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Salsa and chips were very good. The food was excellent. The Margaretta was the worst I have ever had, overly sugared and served on the rocks not over crushed ice. My main problem here was the lack of handicapped accessibility. The place was mobbed and the parking lot was full. There were no apparent designated handicapped parking spaces. I managed to park near the entrance but was then confronted with a long ramp interrupted by several steps. When I entered, I asked the woman at the seating desk if they had handicapped parking and if so, where was it located. She didn't know and said she would inquire. On the way out, she told me that the handicapped parking was around the side of the restaurant in the hotel entrance. This was a significantly longer walk to the restaurant entrance and not what I would consider "accessible". All in all, I had a disappointing experience at Elote Cafe and would be hard pressed to give it a recommendation.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Ingrafx

Keizer, Oregon
“Worth standing in line for!”
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

We dined as a family group of friends. Two of the group were past customers, and raved about it. O, we stood in line for 45 minutes until they opened for dinner. FABULOUS. Excellent service, excellent appetizers and margaritas, and excellent entres. Do order the Etote corn dip appetizer. I had the smoked pork cheeks on "grandmas" corn cake, with buttermilk/cumin sauce. Yes, I highly recommend this restaurant!

Visited July 2013
Springfield, Missouri
“Don't miss”
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Incredible. Have the signature corn appetizer! We were able to get in on our wedding anniversary. Worth the wait!

• Visited June 2013
East Brunswick, New Jersey
“Elote Cafe”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

While I am not the biggest fan of Mexican food, but my wife is, so this is her writing. I was very pleased with the menu and the quality of food. Drinks were good and I server was very knowledgeable and polite. On a different note, I hate the idea of a popular restaurant not accepting reservations. I hate the idea that if I do not get there when the restaurant opens it may be a 90 minute wait to be seated.

Visited May 2013
“Awful customer service!”
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I had an AWFUL experience at Elotes yesterday. We got there 45 minutes early so we could wait first in line to get a choice table with a view after traveling several hours from out of state. We were meeting another couple who had just bought a home in the area, so we wanted to get a great table to celebrate with them. By the time doors opened there were many people in line behind us. To our shock and dismay the manager and girls at the front desk would not allow us into the restaurant to be seated because our friends had not yet arrived from parking. They very rudely refused to allow us to be seated and made us move aside while everyone behind us passed by us to be seated. We left dejected and demoralized after having waited so long to be first in line for our favorite table. VERY RUDE. We will never go back there again nor will our friends. We are telling all our friends who are also shocked and say they will never go there again.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Rrrr4ttt

Been to Elote Cafe? Share your experiences!