“Amazing Experience”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sedona
Western Spirit Enrichment Center
Ranked #13 of 20 Specialty Lodging in Sedona
Reviewed July 2, 2009

I gave myself this trip as my 50th birtday present. It is the best thing I could have done for myself! My life was sort of in a crisis mode and knowing what I needed my spirit led me to Western Spirit.

The peace, beauty and comfort that surrounded me was my body mind and spirt needed. The workshops were very helpful and the hikes were invigorating and empowering.

I am still on a high from the trip and at peace with my life as it is. However, empowered to know that living in the moment will indicate to me what steps I have to take to create the fullfilled life I was meant to have!

Thank you Marian and Gary!

Stayed: June 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank BalancingBear

Reviewed April 30, 2008

I booked my stay at the Western Spirit Enrichment Center feeling a little nervous, not knowing what to expect. The hosts Marian and Gary could not have been nicer or more accomodating. It was a tremendously enriching spiritual experience, with Marian's workshops helping me to learn so much about myself. The afternoon tours were so much fun and so interesting. I got to see so much more of the area than I would have on my own. I loved the Tai Chi, the western show, the grand canyon trip. In fact, I loved the entire experience and would highly recommend Western Spirit.

Fran from New Jersey

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank BaskingRidgeChelsea
Reviewed November 22, 2007

We really enjoyed our stay at the ranch. Gary and Marian are 2 wonderful souls that really enjoy what they do. We visited the bottom of the Grand Canyon, we had several hikes in Sedona, a western dinner show, a visit with a wise man, and 2 massages to top it off. In the morning Marian had a workshop prepared for us, so we could connect with ourselves, and the activities were in the afternoon.
The food was simple but good, and our room was very large and comfortable. We would recommend this place to anyone who is looking to explore nature and their inner self. They were nice enough to let me deliver my camera at the ranch, and took care of picking it up. Peace Love and Light to you both, and thank you for sharing this experience with us!

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TremblantTruthseeker
Reviewed August 24, 2007

I arrived at the Western Spirit Ranch pretty badly broken or at least bent a bit; I'd just had a near fatal heart attack 6 weeks before, My long time girlfriend was dissatisfied with our relationship, my work for the past year had wrung me dry, I was really tired and thought all I wanted a was quiet restful week.

I am so glad that these guys gave me what I needed instead of what I wanted. Sure there was restful time, but hikes in the mountains and rock climbing and good company restored my energy. Meditation sessions and Tai Chi exercises restored my spirit. I left after a week with a completly new perspective on my life that persists today.

In Brief:

The Accommodations - Great

The Food - Wonderful

The Planned Activities - Interesting and Informative

The Various Seminars - Enlightening

The Company - As Good As it Gets

They picked me up, dusted me off and set me back on a spiritual path.

I love this place.

3  Thank diverincabo
Reviewed August 19, 2007

I visited Western Spirit Enrichment Center in Cottonwood, AZ in late February/early March 2007, and it was the best experience I've ever had. Everything I needed at the time was provided for, and so much more. The location is breathtaking, and the accommodations are better than any five-star hotel I've ever been to. The food is delectable and every effort is made to accommodate each guest's dietary needs. The activities provided are customized to personal needs and give the guests a true feel for the spirit of the west. The trip down the Grand Canyon was amazing, as were the trips to the Red Rocks and the Native American ruins.

When I visited Marian and Gary at Western Spirit, it was at a very challenging time in my life. I really needed to visit a place where I could connect with the spirit of nature and find some healing. A quick search on the internet led me to Western Spirit, and I was compelled to go. There were other places I could have chosen in and around Sedona, AZ, but I was particularly drawn to Western Spirit. I visited their website, www.westernspiritranch.com, and made an inquiry for information about their facilities and services. I think it was the next day that Gary contacted me by phone, and we spent about an hour discussing their offerings and my needs for the trip. I immediately felt a genuine warmness and caring from the conversation, and was convinced that this was the right place. Honestly, once I was there, it far exceeded my expectations.

Gary is very knowledgeable about the local culture and lore, and his stories are legendary. Marian provides classes every evening on a wide array of topics, such as healing your spirit. These were extremely beneficial to me at that particular time in my life, but would also be of tremendous value at any time.

The rooms far exceeded my expectations. Each guest room is unique in its own way, and is incredibly roomy, warm, and comfortable. The dining and living area are open and warm as well, with large windows overlooking the beautiful scenery. There is a luxurious hot tub outside for relaxing after a day of connecting with the historic energy of Sedona and the surrounding areas.

Every conceivable effort was made to ensure that I received exactly what I needed on my retreat at Western Spirit. I came away from my experience feeling refreshed, renewed, and reawakened to the beauty of life. This was due in no small part to the generous hospitality of Marian and Gary, and the well above average accommodations provided at Western Spirit Enrichment Center. I could not have asked for a better opportunity at exactly the right time in my life. A vacation like this, with the accommodations, activities, classes, and impeccable attention to every imaginable detail by Marian and Gary, is easily worth so much more than the beyond reasonable cost of attending. I challenge anyone to find a vacation like this for such a reasonable cost. My life has been significantly enhanced and enriched as a result of my trip, and I have Western Spirit to thank. This has been, to use a cliche, THE trip of a lifetime!

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Heirloom68
Reviewed August 13, 2007

My now husband and I attended the Western Spirit Enrichment Center when we were newly engaged. What an incredible experience it was! We had the opportunity, through Marian's insightful workshops, to deepen our committment to each other as well as learn practical tools such as healthy forms of communication which enhance our relationship to this day. Gary's meals were so tasty that we still consider his chocolate chip cookies the best we've had to date! The accommodations were warm and inviting, and of course clean. The outdoors adventures portion of our vacation were beyond our expectations. We particularly enjoyed the jeep tour in Sedona and the cowboy meal/horseback riding adventure. Marian and Gary even had a private yoga instructor come to the center to provide a yoga class for us. This vacation is one that we always tell our friends about and would love to return to some day.

Stayed: March 2003
Reviewed August 6, 2007

I spent a week at Western Spirit in February 2006. My room was beautiful and quiet and I had a large private bathroom. Included in the amenities of my room were meditation cd's excellent reading materials and a great chair that sat by a window overlooking the beautiful mountains.
I was there for a workshop to strenghthen my intuition. The workshop included me and another couple and all the meditations and activities were custom made for the three of us, by Marian.
Every aftternoon we went on some type of hike and historic adventure with Gary. Gary is an experienced and gifted adventure guide.
I was very clear from the beginning that this was a retreat center created on Gary and Marian's property. The food was all family style and created to fit everyone's needs from vegetarian to mega-meat eaters.
All my expectations were met and I have gone on to recommend Western Spirit to friends looking for a comination of meditation and retreat and activities.

• Stayed: February 2006, traveled solo