“A great place w/great staff”
Review of Whitehouse Inn

Whitehouse Inn
Ranked #44 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Edmonton
“A great place w/great staff”
Reviewed May 13, 2011

I travel to Sedona a fair bit, and although I now own my own place there, my earlier trips always had me staying at the Whitehouse. Very clean, decent accom's... but it was the head guy, Hershad, who made the difference. He knew what was going on in the town, and the things to do and places to see... he was the difference between a good stay and a great stay. I knew there were more expensive places to go - but I prefered to spend my money on other things in Sedona since I was in my hotel room so little of the time! :-)

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed May 6, 2011

We stayed four nights. It was a good place to stay. Though further down the strip than Up Town, it was in easy commuting distance to everything. Our room was dated and a little worn, but rather clean. The balcony was a nice touch. The owner goes out of his way to please.

We chose the place because of the price and because of the reviews on Trip Advisor. It was worth it. And we'd stay there again.

Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Henderson, Nevada
Reviewed April 29, 2011

WE stayed for 2 nights , this is a very clean inn. Had a little patio out back with a beutiful view of the mountains. The owner was wonderfull, very helpful. There was a tv , fridge, & microwave but no coffee maker in the room. But 2 doors away was Nick's , Great food, great prices, opened at 7am. We ate most of our meals there. This trip was the greatest, many things to do in this area. Extremely nice people . We would stay here again.

Room Tip: You will need your own hairdryer.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Brandon, MS
Reviewed April 10, 2011

Whitehouse Inn Sedona, March 31 – April 7, 2011
Reasonably priced, quiet and ideal location! MS Travelers recommend and enjoyed staying a week at the Inn. The accommodation was clean and convenient for touring Page Springs, Cottonwood, Jerome, Flagstaff, Grand Canyon and Sedona points of interest. We were happy to have a clean refrigerator and microwave to make breakfast and snacks which saved a little money. I told Hersh, Inn Keeper, that our stay would be perfect if we just had a coffee pot in the room. Boy, was I ever impressed when he pulled out a new pot just for our use. Take the time to get to know Hersh, as he is accommodating and cares about the needs of his guests. The room was clean and fresh towels were provided each day. It was a simple accommodation which met all our needs. By the way, Thai Spice, an award winning restaurant, is located next door which features uniquely prepared cuisines. YUMMY!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Twentynine Palms, California
Reviewed April 4, 2011

My sister and I shared a double. The main room was spacious and tidy and the beds were comfortable. Bathroom and bedroom were very clean. It had good amenities for the price - microwave and small refrigerator. No hairdryer or iron but didn't expect it. Being located in the western end of town, it was quieter even though it was on 89A. The Thai restaurant next door was outstanding!

• Stayed March 2011
Marina del Rey, California
Reviewed March 30, 2011

I just returned from a 2 weeks stay in Sedona, and chose to stay at the White House Inn motel, since I found all the other hotels were overpriced, I was very happy to check out this little gem, very conveniently located near groceries stores and restaurants. I was glad to see I could get the same amenities as other hotels, such as microwave, mini fridge, large screen color TV with cable channels. During my last trip; I stayed at the Hampton which was basically the same, but twice the price; even though the rooms at the White House were a lot more spacious. Yes the decor is basic and a bit worn; but if you're looking for a real bargain, this place offers everything you need, you'll save money that you'll be able to spend on things like maybe a balloon ride, or a Spa treatment, and really make your time in Sedona very memorable. The management is very helpful and personable. You get a reduced rate if you stay more than a week. Oh I don't want to overlook the most important part; I enjoyed the very comfy bed! (Each room comes with 2 queen size beds). and slept great every night. My only complaint was my next door neighbors; they slammed their door every time they walked in and out, and woke me at 6am. Not cool! Other than that, I was a happy costumer and I'm keeping the White House Inn, as an option for my next visit.

Room Tip: Just ask for it!
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
tokyo
Reviewed March 26, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for one week.
Cost performance is very good and owner Harsh-san is a very kind person.
Room is also clean and convenient to stay and view from the room is good!
No breakfast but they provide me with hot coffee, orange, banana, and apple every morning.
If one thing I have to cmplain them, they'd better have more information about Sedona and around there. Anyway I like Sedona and if I go to Sedona again, I wanna go there.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo