“Still My New Favorite Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Shallots Cafe - CLOSED

Shallots Cafe
Cuisines: American, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Sedona, Arizona
“Still My New Favorite Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

As a Senior Contributor and 32-year resident of Sedona, I'm taking the time to write a second review of this amazing little place. I have several "favorite" places in Sedona, but this one is the most enjoyable simply because of its charm, unique menu and consistent emphasis on truly good service. The chef has been part of ten successful restaurants in Arizona and has brought his skill and imaginative cuisine home to stay. In their first two months of business, they have quickly established themselves as a new favorite among the locals, which I'm saying because I see many of them when I go there. Most of them are delighted that finally there is a place like this here that isn't too pricey or too big or too busy to enjoy on a regular basis.

Sedona, Arizona
“Fresh .... a great new restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

I found out this restaurant has a commitment to freshness that is pretty impressive . I noticed soup and chile coming out of the kitchen slower than I thought should be . I asked the owner about it and he told me it's because they don't have these in a hot vat cooking away throughout the day . They keep everything in the cold storage until it's time to heat it and serve ------ so it's not altered by simmering all day . Also , he told me the sandwich meats are sliced at the time of preparing the order ........ they're not off a pre-sliced stack that can dry out . It's sliced fresh for each meal . I've had several meals here and have been knocked out Each time .Top notch !!! I found a great new spot here . Pricing is friendly and do-able .The chile is heartburn free - 4 different chiles are used to supply the heat - not by adding chile powder for the heat ..... it was hot but not reactive inside . They're deep in commitment and execution of the meal . Michelle and Dawn are great waitresses . Top notch !!! I found a great new spot here . Chef Richard is exactly that - a Chef , not a cook . Very casual comfy feel to the place too .

Phoenix
“?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

Really enjoyed the feeling at Shallots cafe. Food was outstanding! Customer Service was amazing! Can't wait to go back!!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Delicious cubano and tasty hand-made chips”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

Went in for a late lunch (about 3 on a Sunday) and were the only ones there, so we got personalized service. The homemade chips are delicious. I had the cubano, which is meaty, tangy,and flavorful. The bread was a bit over-toasted. The caesar salad is served charred, which we really like, and the dressing is served on the side. Husband really liked his green chile cheeseburger. Great service!

Visited July 2014
“Why go anywhere else”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

While visiting a friend in Sedona, we had a great time. We started with the grilled shallot appetizer, double clam chowder and a house salad. The crabby shrimp dinners and the red snapper with pecan encrusted shrimp (special of the night) were well prepared. The mashed red potatoes and sautéed vegetables complimented the meals nicely. Will go back when in the area again