“Excellent menu reasonable prices.”
Review of Shallots Cafe - CLOSED

Shallots Cafe
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Cornville, Arizona
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent menu reasonable prices.”
Reviewed May 9, 2014

Blue cheese burger was very good. Presentation and flavor better then most we have had. Clam chowder excellent.Best we have had in the west. Will return to try more I teams. What a find.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank daverobertson65
Blair P, Manager at Shallots Cafe, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Thanks! We are pretty proud of our clam chowder. We look forward to your return.

Sedona, Arizona
“Sedona needed another really good place to eat”
Reviewed May 4, 2014

My girlfriend and I enjoyed an excellent meal last night at Shallots Cafe. The staff was wonderful and caring so that you would enjoy your dinning experience. The decor is simple and comfortable creating a great dinning atmosphere. Now to the food, I started with the clam chowder soup it was really good not real heavy like a typical New England Clam Chowder also you did not have to go looking for clams there were plenty. For the main coarse my girlfriend had the prime rib which was excellent, it melted in your mouth. The sides of homemade chips were great and the fresh vegetables also very good, one nice touch was the slice of fresh grilled pineapple very sweet. I had the Southern Fried Chicken with mashed potatoes with a brown gravey and the chicken came with a white biscuit gravey both very good, the chicken was cooked to perfection with a delicious crisp breaking and the chicken was very moist and tender. My plat also came with the fresh vegetables and the grilled pineapple. We were offered desert but frankly could not eat another bite although the Key Lime pie sounded great. BYOB $5.00 uncorking fee very reasonable. Truly a excellent dinning experience at a very reasonable price. Would we go back? Absolutely! Are we going to tell everyone we know and don't know? Absolutely!

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Jeffrey S
Blair P, Manager at Shallots Cafe, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Thank you! We are really happy you enjoyed the food and your stay here. We look forward to seeing you again.
Sedona, Arizona
“A New Favorite Spot in Town”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

After 32 years of living in Sedona, I am always on the lookout for restaurants that manage to do it right and not just talk about it. The new "Shallot's Cafe" is just that kind of place. The owners have been involved with some of the best restaurants in this town, and have gone into business for themselves. GREAT food, original recipes, warm, intimate atmosphere and prices 2/3rds of what you would pay for similar quality anywhere else. This is a sweet little place that embraces the true essence of what it takes to give patrons what they want. Not only is the food and the atmosphere very high quality, but the service is impeccable. Don't miss this one if you're just visiting, and if you live here, be prepared to have a new favorite place in town.

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank DonKirchner44
Blair P, Manager at Shallots Cafe, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Thank you! We do aim to be a favorite place for the locals and that takes good food, good service, and affordable prices and that is our goal.
Sedona, AZ
“New and Great”
Reviewed April 25, 2014

Residents and visitors in Sedona will find a great new treat at what was Dan's Bistro until it closed last November.
Shallots Cafe is the new name with new owners and a kitchen team that has been serving Sedona for decades, going back to the early and original Shugrues. The menu offers the basics from salads to seafood and meat and poultry, but it's what they do in the kitchen that makes it special. Serving locally grown and fresh sourced food as much as possible, and doing things with a twist will make this place a hit IMO.
We began with the Gators appetizer, an elegant plate of roasted jalapeños stuffed with spicy cream cheese, wrapped in their own thick bacon, served with a prickly pear syrup for dipping. My wife who normally shuns peppers and hot foods absolutely loved them! No complaints of heat on this dish.
My chili on the other hand is a dish that comes with a printed warning on the menu, and it lives up to it in every way. She opted for the Double Clam Chowder. Thick and creamy and loaded with clams. Even better than any I've had in New England.
For entrees she chose the Southern Fried Chicken, a real winner, one of three chicken options on the menu. Excellent quality and flavor, served with mashed potatoes and a gravy that she went nuts over, along with a medley of fresh vegetables.
I was in a mood for beef. They serve prime rib with options and they offer rib eye, four different ways. I chose the 10 oz fresh ground burger. They made it rare, the way I like it, but this big portion can be fixed up however you choose. It comes with a huge pile of tasty shoe string style French fries. More than I could eat.
The restaurant has only been open for 3 days but I see a winner. No desserts offered tonight, but there will be some good ones, based on what I know about the chef. Expect a homemade apple pie for sure. We'll be going back soon.

• Visited April 2014
6 Thank RedRox
Blair P, Manager at Shallots Cafe, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
We really appreciate your review and are delighted that you enjoyed our offerings. We hope you make this place a regular stop.