“Excellent!”
Review of M Diamond Ranch

M Diamond Ranch
Ranked #2 of 94 Tours in Sedona
More attraction details
Owner description: Horse back trailrides and Dinner Cookouts. Guest House. Wagon rides pulled by draft horses. Small groups and personal attention. Special western events for larger groups. The real deal...Not a stage show or wannabe cowboy actors. Learn authentic western history and heritage on a 100 year old working cattle ranch. Enjoy scenic trails, dark starry skies endless views in a peaceful rural environment with abundant wildlife.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Poughkeepsie, New York
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Excellent!”
Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I took a trip out to Sedona for a short vacation and did two days of riding at the M Diamond Ranch and could not be happier with our experience there. The entire staff was friendly and knowledgable about the country out there, and the horses were great! Everyone we met in AZ was friendly but the staff at M Diamond went above and beyond. My girlfriend is a bit less experienced than I am in the saddle and was a little nervous but fell in love with her horse Dudley who took such good care of her she requested him for our second ride later in the week. The scenery was fantastic and it's a working cattle ranch so we saw cows and other wildlife on the rides. We would definitely recommend it to anyone traveling out that way. And the cowboy cookout is not to be missed!!

localArizona, Owner at M Diamond Ranch, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Thanks so much for your review. Because we have a variety of trails, we can accommodate guests with different levels of experience and interests. And while it is a little unusual, guests can ride more than once during their stay and enjoy a variety of sights including wildlife. During much of the year, guests will ask "Where are the cows?" and we explain our grazing system, but this time of year some of the cattle are in the pastures where you can see them. Glad you enjoyed that.

Alpharetta, Georgia
“Made Our Trip Complete”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Over the holidays we took my dad to Sedona to celebrate his 60th birthday. As part of that trip, my 12 year old daughter wanted to go horseback riding with her grandfather and M Diamond Ranch provided just the experience. Gordon met us at our resort and was an amazing host all through the experience. Our guide, Terry, gave us great insights as we rode and patiently introduced my daughter to all of the horses at the ranch. She's an avid rider and wants to go back to ride more and go to a Cowboy Cookout! Thanks to everyone at the ranch for making my dad's birthday and our first trip to Sedona a success!

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Jennifer W
localArizona, Owner at M Diamond Ranch, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Glad you enjoyed your ride with Terry! Maybe you will come back for the Cowboy Cookout for your Dad's next birthday/! You could all stay in our "Little Gem" Guest House...
Royal Oak, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Loved it....and I am scared of horses”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

I surprised my girlfriend with an hour horseback riding session at M Diamond Ranch and we both loved it. She is an experienced rider while I am the opposite. When we arrived we were treated immediately by Gordon who definitely had the cowboy look. What a great guy. And really well informed about the area and everything you'd ever want to know about being a cowboy. Knowing I was an inexperienced rider he explained everything to me and made sure I was comfortable before taking off on our private ride. Even though we were scheduled for an hour ride, we never felt rushed. Upon return we were greeted by the owner, thanked for stopping by, and welcomed to return. If in the area again, I definitely will.

The only negative was the directions were difficult to follow. We got there from Sedona on time but made a few wrong turns by accident. Just keep going straight once on long dirt road.

Visited January 2014
So pleased you enjoyed your visit! I try very hard to provide accurate directions: we are 7 miles from the interstate, the last 3 miles of which are gravel/dirt.. But I do always try to do better with directions. So, if you are reading this, would you be so kind to call and talk with me a bit about those wrong turns? Thank you!
Houston, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Wonderfully friendly and fun”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

My family and I went to the M Diamond Ranch for an evening ride and cowboy cookout around Christmas. The ranch is actually fairly close to Sedona but feels a million miles from anything, which is nice. We took a trailride across the property and then were ferried up to the cookout side by a pair of draft horses with Santa hats! The steak dinner was tasty, and we watched the sun go down while one of the local musical acts played his guitar and sang country songs for us. I am from Texas and have visited similar operations there, but this is the best I've ever experienced. Our thanks to the owners for a great time.

Visited December 2013
localArizona, Owner at M Diamond Ranch, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Thank you for those great compliments. The M Diamond is, indeed, a 100-year-old 45,000 acre ranch where cattle are actually raised, rather than an entertainment venue. And that means we are not located in town, but as you mention, we are really not far away and guests enjoy our wide open spaces and dark starry skies. I did take some grief from the wranglers about the Santa hats for our Percheron draft horse team, so I'm happy you noticed them!!
“Peaceful Morning Ride”
Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed our two hour ride through the Coconino National Forest! We learned a lot about the area from our guide, Dan, and the horses were beautiful. It was the perfect way to start out the day to feel like a true cowgirl of the West:) We saw some deer too! We would highly recommend this opportunity to visitors!! We will be back again for sure:)

Visited December 2013
1 Thank travelingpro1
We're so happy you enjoyed your 2 hour ride with Dan and got to see some deer. Over the years, like other ranchers, we have done a fair amount of range restoration of native grasses and water improvements. Those efforts benefit both our livestock and wildlife.