“Great experience”
Review of M Diamond Ranch

M Diamond Ranch
Ranked #2 of 93 Tours in Sedona
More attraction details
Owner description: Horse back trailrides and Dinner Cookouts. Guest House. Wagon rides pulled by draft horses. Small groups and personal attention. Special western events for larger groups. The real deal...Not a stage show or wannabe cowboy actors. Learn authentic western history and heritage on a 100 year old working cattle ranch. Enjoy scenic trails, dark starry skies endless views in a peaceful rural environment with abundant wildlife.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We did the 1 hour ride and cowboy dinner last Friday night. The ride was fabulous and the cookout delicious and memorable and the company enjoyable. The dining site was so beautiful - we felt like we were on top of the world. My daughter had so much fun learning to rope that she has requested a rope and fake metal cow horns for her birthday. Would definitely recommend!

localArizona, Owner at M Diamond Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

We're very glad you enjoyed your experience and especially appreciated our cookout site. We think it's pretty special too!

There are newer reviews for M Diamond Ranch

Reviewed March 26, 2013

We did the morning ride with cowboy breakfast and it was outstanding from start to finish! The staff and wranglers were friendly and the horses were great! We loved the scenic ride and the authentic cowboy breakfast afterwards was delicious! This is a must do, especially if you have kids! They were very attentive and engaging with them!! Thanks M Diamond!!

localArizona, Owner at M Diamond Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2013

Our morning Ranch Adventure Day has become quite popular and we are always happy to introduce families to a rural experience. Thank you so much for your review!

Reviewed March 24, 2013

My husband and I booked this trip online as part of our anniversary celebration weekend in Sedona. This was by far the most fun part of our trip!
Sue picked us up at our hotel at precisely the time she estimated and drove us out to the ranch. Along the way, sue was very kind and suggested other fun things to see and do in Sedona as well as point out landmarks and their history.
We signed up for the ranch rendevous which took us for an hour long horse ride followed by a cookout dinner. I was paired up with a beautiful horse named Colorado- who was the most calm and easy-going horse (perfect for a city-girl like me). The cowboys were very helpful and funny too. Bill was one of our guides, he was great to chat with and also gave great info about the area and insight on the horses with their many personalities. I had so much fun on the ride, I could have kept going even longer! The cookout was phenomenal- fresh, delicious food (more than I could eat). You are in for a treat with entertainment by the legendary Alvie Self! I am his new biggest fan! (seriously, I picked up a couple of his cd's and can't get enough of his music).He played old country favorites and any requests, as well as his own original songs you are sure to love. I was charmed by the whole experience, the entire staff was warm and friendly. At the end of the evening sue drove us back to our hotel with full bellies and cowboy songs dancing through our heads. M Diamond Ranch definitely made a cowgirl out of me!

1  Thank Erica-Jayne S

So happy to have been part of your anniversary celebration! Everybody (including us!) loves Alvie. Hope you come back again some time, and thanks for your review.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We booked the evening trail ride and dinner. We thoroughly enjoyed the entire experience! My 5 year old was able to enjoy a pony ride and visiting all the animals with my husband while the 7 year old & I went on a 1 hour trail ride. On our return, we went on a wagon ride up to the cookout site. The food was excellent, but what made this ranch different from others was the people. The cowboys (& girls) from the ranch were authentic people who had spent their lives working on ranches and with the horses and cattle. This was not a "show," it was the real deal! They were excellent with the children as well, very patient & very safety conscious. My girls have now decided they want to move there when they grow up!

1  Thank travelinNuts

We do have lots of families who did what you did: one parent rides with an older child(ren) and the other stays with a younger child for the "pony ride" We're not always perfect, but we do pride ourselves on being authentic and not a "show" Thanks for appreciating that and for taking the time to leave a review here!

Reviewed March 12, 2013

While visiting Sedona, AZ on Spring Break, we heard about the hourse trail rides up on the M Diamond Ranch. We travelled up to the ranch and were very happy to be greated with such warmth and hospitality. None of are regulars when it comes to riding horses but we couldn't of felt more comfortable and safe atop their gentle giants - not to mention the extremely lovely, passionate and experienced staff. Everyone in our family, including our two teens and our 7 year old son, had a blast on the trail.The trail through the ranch was absolutely beautiful; it was such a great way to experience Arizona! Every part of our experience at the ranch was very pleasent and enjoyable and made our trip to this beautiful state very memorable. We would definitely return and recommended that you make a visit to M Diamond Ranch part of your trip to Arizona.

Thank you for your review! It is our great pleasure to take guests of all ages on their first horseback ride. Glad you enjoyed it.

Been to M Diamond Ranch? Share your experiences!