Adventure Southwest - Day Tours - CLOSED
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed June 24, 2015

We really had a great time. Since it was 3 of us the tour was essential a private one. They pick you up at your Flagstaff hotel, in a large, comfortable SUV and head out. Laura our guide was very knowledgeable about the area and its history. Antelope Canyon is not to be missed! A basic lunch is provided, along with drinks etc. Expect a long trip as the distances between Flagstaff and the sites are vast.

Date of experience: June 2015
1  Thank cvvhrn
Reviewed June 23, 2015

This tour was truly a waste of time and money. Our guide, he actually never said his name, although nice did not speak for the first 15 minutes of picking us up, and then he only told us that there wasn’t much in the scenery to speak about.

If we had simply gone to the Grand Canyon National Park on our own and read the signs posted at the vantage point we would have seen exactly what was shown on the tour. If you want a guided tour pick another one. We basically paid for lunch and a chafer.

I do thank you the staff for accommodating my son's dietary restrictions, but that was the only positive thing I could really say about this "tour".

The ride seemed longer than expected because it was very boring, no one was talking. We were a group of 6 people (ages 17 to 79) plus 2 other older passengers.
I had never Not tipped a guide tour, but this tour was my first exception.

Date of experience: June 2015
6  Thank CristinaSea
Reviewed April 29, 2015

Booked a private day tour of the Grand Canyon for our party of four. Drew was our guide. Toured most of the South Rim in a comfortable Ford Expedition (with frequent stops) and hiked a bit at Hermit Trail . Drew was amazing. Very knowledgeable, flexible, pleasant. Picnic lunch at the rim (sandwiches, chips, pasta salad) was tasty. Would definitely book again with this company. Top notch!

Date of experience: April 2015
4  Thank Nancy M
Reviewed April 4, 2015

Drew and his team were the best, they are so informative and make sure you are enjoying yourself and seeing everything you wanted to. I would highly recommend them for anyone who wants to have a great time. We used them for trips to both Grand Canyon, Antelope Canyon and Horseshoe bend.

Date of experience: April 2015
3  Thank MMB60
Reviewed March 7, 2015

My 26 year old son, Andrew and I took a trip to Flagstaff Arizona, late December into early January. The one adventure we scheduled as soon as we booked our flight and hotel was with Drew Andersen of Adventure Southwest. We have travelled extensively and have experienced many scheduled tours, however none have compared to the one we took with Drew. Drew accommodated the schedule and sites we wanted to see. The day was very well organized and carried out. It was perfect. Drew took us to the best locations for views and photography all while regaling us with the historical lore of the areas we visited. The drive to and from the hotel the day of our tour was incredibly informative. Not only is Drew the perfect guide, additionally he is very personable. I had a particular interest in environmental, cultural and social issues in the area and Drew was very well versed in his knowledge and understanding of the information I wanted to know. Drew also provided us with an itinerary of other things to do and see during the rest of our trip. Andrew and I would highly recommend that you call Drew Anderson and Adventure Southwest when you are planning a trip to Arizona. We are looking forward to the next opportunity for us to schedule another tour.

Date of experience: December 2014