“Tourist Trap! Stay Away!” 2 of 5 bubbles

Famous Pizza
Ranked #89 of 190 Restaurants in Sedona
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Sedona
“Tourist Trap! Stay Away!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012

To be fair, this review refers to the Dry Creek Road location in West Sedona. I can't speak for the one in the Village of Oak Creek. I took my wife and daughter for an early dinner on 12/9. Our first impression was that this place is run by kids who are more interested in watching the game on the big monitor than servicing their customers (interestingly enough, the monitor is angled to face the kitchen, not the patrons!) Paid $25 in advance for a "large" cheese pizza, "large" house salad, and a beer (my wife and daughter drank water). When the "large" salad ($7) arrived, it was more of a small personal-sized one. We divided the tiny serving between the 3 of us, very carefully (oops-you got 5 leaves of lettuce and I got 3-- Let's even it out!) The kid gave us 2 plates: When we asked for a 3rd , he told us there WERE 3 plates, that one of us could eat our salad off the serving plate! When we insisted, he begrudgingly got one and put it on the counter, so I had to get up! The pizza (good, but also very small, for a large-we're from NY originally, where a large pizza is LARGE!) arrived with paper plates (the salad was served on real plates)-When we order a pie, we prefer to eat off real plates. When my wife asked for real plates, instead of just cheerfully complying, our server told her "let's just make it easy!", and walked away. I couldn't believe it-I got up and asked another one of the staff for real plates, and was told that they only serve salad on the real plates, not slices. I was really starting to lose it, but decided to keep my cool, so we just sat and ate, and afterward left a nickel on the table. They made a BIG mistake: Not only are we locals, but we own a store in town. We never plan to return, and we have stopped sending tourists there (many tourists ask for a pizza recommendation). Maybe I'm crazy, but if a customer asks for something, you go and GET IT-You don't make excuses or tell the customer what makes your life easier! In sum: Small servings, horrible service, lazy servers with poor attitudes. Stay far away from this joint! TOURIST TRAP!!!

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Sedona, Arizona
“Great pizza and salad”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

Famous is the only way to go for pizza in the VOC. I've never been disappointed with the great quality pizza and their salad dressing is a favorite. Their pizzas are never soggy with grease, just the right amount of dough and sauce. It would be nice to get a 10% discount once in a while for being a frequent customer, but it's so good, I'll pay the price if I really want pizza.

• Visited November 2012
Sedona, Arizona
“Great value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

We stop here often after a hike. great value and lots of beer selection, friendly staff. Trip advisor says reviews must be at least 100 characters. Even if not needed.

Visited December 2012
columbus
“Good pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

Price might seem a little high but its not a chain pizza place. Used real pepperoni and cheese. Thinner crust and crispy. Would eat there again.

Visited November 2012
“Terrific Pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

Great pizza. Had a Hawaiian with jalapeño. Nice thin crispy crust, real cheese and plenty of toppings. Price was not bad either. Very, very happy with our decision to eat here.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Been to Famous Pizza? Share your experiences!