“Can't beat it!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sedona
Sedona Cathedral Hideaway
Ranked #16 of 29 Sedona B&B and Inns
Flagstaff, Arizona
“Can't beat it!”
Reviewed April 29, 2008

Our stay at the Sedona Cathedral Hidaway was excellent. Our hosts were friendly and made our stay in Sedona a special time. Our only regret is we only stayed one night in Sedona, there is just too much to see for one night. The B&B was exceptionally clean, the views were awesome, the breakfast was delicious. I couldn't imagine staying in a better place!!

• Liked — Privacy and views
  • Disliked — Nothing!
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Portland, Maine
Reviewed April 15, 2008

My husband and I agreed that this vacation was better than our honeymoon (and we stayed at a 5 star property in Mexico!). Our only regret is that we only stayed 2 nights, we wished it was much longer. The Evergreen Room is really wonderful, the first night we arrived it was chilly and raining, so we turned on the fireplace and cozied up and read our books. The next two mornings we hiked right from the property. Kathy took us over the first morning and we hiked up to the top of cathedral rock. Such a wonderful experience, it was probably one of the best days of my life. Although I didn't "feel" the vortex, Sedona made me feel more at peace in general, I never wanted to leave. The second morning we hiked around the house on the rocks, a really nice hour long hike that took us a little longer after I decided trail running was a good idea (it wasn't). I turned my ankle, and we walked back to the property (about another 3/4 of a mile) and on the way back I built a rock pile for healing. My ankle was almost completely better by that afternoon (it may have been helped along by the ice provided by Larry and Kathy!) I did a TON of research to find the best place to stay in Sedona, and this is IT! We can't wait to come back and visit again, the only change we will make is to stay longer on our next visit. The food was wonderful and Kathy and Larry are some of the nicest people we have ever had the opportunity to meet. Spend some time chatting with them and you will not be dissapointed!

• Liked — the close proximity to the hiking trails
  • Disliked — nothing
Cheshire
Reviewed April 14, 2008

My wife and I have just returned from a great ten day trip to the west coast of America, part of our trip included a two night stay at the wonderful Cathedral Hideaway in Sedona which we used as a base for a day trip to the Grand Canyon.

I had spent considerable time researching the places that we were going to stay and based on the reviews in trip advisor opted for the Hideaway.

Right from the point of my first email contact both Kathy and Larry the owners were extremely helpful in assisting with schedules and local information, including putting us in touch with Greg Kirkham of Southwest Outside tours who is an absolute star and made our trip to the Grand Canyon a really incredible experience.

As to the Hideaway, Kathy and Larry are a very warm and generous couple who really do make you feel at home in their stunning home, and both the location, property, marvellous rooms and stupendous breakfasts all make for very happy memories of our all too short time staying in Sedona.

If you are planning a trip to Sedona I cannot reccommend the Hideaway highly enough, but be warned this little gem is going to become very popular so book early.

• Liked — Breakfasts
  • Disliked — Nothing
Houston, TX
Reviewed March 10, 2008

My husband and I came here for our honeymoon after reading the reviews on this site...we were not disappointed! We stayed a full week and can't imagine a more perfect honeymoon experience. Sedona and the surrounding area is incredibly beautiful. We loved the Evergreen room - Kathy and Larry said they had planned the property with the idea of what it would be like to be a guest there - and they thought of everything! They really know how to pamper :) They're an amazing couple, and we loved our honeymoom...we hope to come back for a future anniversary!

• Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas
Reviewed January 16, 2008

First off I don't ever write reviews on Hotels, but I was so impressed by my experience, I just had to let everyone know. I booked this beautiful B&B for a birthday surprise getaway for my fiancee, not knowing what to expect since it was my first time staying at a B&B and man did they make me look so good. We stayed in the Evergreen Room and it so comfortable and relaxing, from the beautiful layout, comfort bed, two person jacuzzi, you have all the amenities you need to simply relax. I can't forget our excellent hosts, Kathy and Larry, great personalties, who not only treat you like family but cater to all your needs. They help us with different hiking trails, best spots for photos, to their recommendations for dining. And I can't forget their breakfast menu...excellent...pancakes with chocolate chips, omeletes, and Kathy's hot chocolate, two days wasn't enough time. I going to sum this up by saying, "I can't wait to go back, and I recommend this B&B to anyone who enjoys being treated like royalty, superior guest service, and two great hosts...book it.

• Liked — Service
  • Disliked — None
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
USA
Reviewed December 26, 2007

We spent 5 nights at Sedona Cathedral & couldn't have been happier with this choice. We did a lot of online research trying to find just the "perfect" place and WOW did we ever hit the jackpot here! Larry & Kathy were great. Even packed us a travel breakfast including thermoses of coffee and extra water for our day trip to the Grand Canyon along with help on directions and places to see along the way. Never too pushy, but always there if we needed anything, they are the perfect hosts. And did we mention the breakfasts...again - WOW! The room was beautiful...very clean, and very quiet, and the pillow topped sleep number bed was more than comfortable. For those of you out there that are worried about finding the right place, well...don't hesitate to choose this one...we're glad we did!

• Liked — Everything!
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Travel_Our_Way
Secaucus, New Jersey
Reviewed December 13, 2007

No words can describe how wonderful Kathy and Larry are! My wife and I stayed there for a full week and loved every minute of it. Every day was started with ANY gourmet breakfast food we desired, seated wherever on the property we desired. Whenever we asked about things to do for a given day, they would list tons of ideas and recommendations. None of their recommendations disappointed. When we took hikes, they would set us up with hiking packs, snacks, maps, etc. We even took their suggestion to use Greg, a personal tour guide instead of the doing the pink jeep tours. He was also totally worth it!

The rooms are great, with large sleep number beds, 2 person hot tub and 2 person shower. There is also music playable throughout the B&B that can be turned on/off via a wall unit.

One thing my wife proud of is having created her own breakfast juice called "The Sarah", which was half guava half cranberry juice. I know it has become popular; so try it out!

Anyways, we had a blast and will certainly stay there again next time we make plans for that area.

• Liked — Gourmet breakfasts and evening snacks
  • Disliked — Nothing.
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple