“A wonderful experience”

26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“A wonderful experience”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

The most amazing views of the Red Rocks and an all around great time! We were so much closer to the Red Rocks than the other balloons. Everyone I dealt with - from Phillip in the office who also picked us up promptly at 5:25, to our pilot Mark and the whole crew were simply delightful and all had great senses of humor. Mark (our pilot) was not only fun, but very informative and made an extra effort to make sure everyone had a good time and got a good view of the scenery, animals, etc. Quite simply - loved it!

Visited October 2012

Chicago, Illinois
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“I had no idea how beautiful and tranquil a balloon ride could be.”
Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

We started our morning very early ... 4:45 AM...but it was well worth it. The mini bus picked up and the driver turned out to be quite entertaining even for the time of the morning. The balloon ride over Sedona's red rock landscape was breathtaking. I never realized that a balloon ride could be so tranquil. Yes there is the sound of the balloon being filled, but when you are just floating along and no one is saying a word because they are in awe of their surroundings... it is truly amazing. And like the bus driver, the balloon pilot was also quite entertaining and knowledgeable about the area. I would recommend this to anyone interested in making a life long memory.

Clearwater, Florida
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Dream come true”
Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

We were picked up promptly at 5:30am by Richard who I have to say has the best sense of humor. He was very polite and answered all of the groups questions. We had 13 people in our group who were very nice. The baskets can hold 16-20 depending on which one you go in I found out. We were in the air for 1.5 hours and while the morning air was quite cold for my Florida bones the hot air of the tanks kept me almost to warm so no jacket was needed for the first week of October. Tree topping was a lot of fun I came really close to getting a souvenir. I would recommend Red Rock Balloon to anyone in Sedona and I would 100% tell them to ask for Richard!

san diego,ca
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Tour of a lifetime”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Sept 26, 2012.
I originally had a group of 8 reserved with Red Rock Balloons but due to bad weather that morningt the trip was cancelled. Our disappointment was huge but knowing this company prides itself on saftey (having a perfect record) I knew we could try again the next year.
We arrived in Sedona this year for our weeks stay hoping weather would not mess up our tour this year. My group of 4 were picked up promptly and taken to the set up sight along with many others that were also booked in one of the 3 balloons flying this beautiful sunrise morning. This tour was worth every penny spent. Do not hesitate to book this company. It is worth the difference in price from the "other" company for sure. Our pilot Mark, was very informative from the get go. His experience makes all the difference. It is a passion for him not just a job.
We passed over the top of one of the well known red rock mountains, saw some deer in the brush below and watched as the "other company" had their balloons off in the far distance over basic terrain??? Nothing scary about this trip at all and I am not fond of heights. mark explained every little detail.
Once we made our soft landing and watched as the balloons were loaded up, off we went for our wonderful breakfast celebration with the other 2 balloons their passengers and all the fun crew. The celebration breakfast of fresh fruit, OJ, champagne, soda or water was a delight.
If you want the ultimate tour of a lifetime, book this one for sure. I will add that they tend to book up far in advance so be sure you plan in enough time.
Thanks to the crew, Mark and especially Patrica for one heck of a great time.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank rdonte
Hillsborough, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Amazing!”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Great orchestration from the time Mark (our driver) picked us up at our resort, to our pilot (different Mark) soaring us above the rocks. They are not only experienced, professional and outstanding at what they do, they are also pleasant, funny and very informative. This was our first balloon adventure and my husband was a bit nervous as he is not thrilled with heights. Within minutes he was looking over and down at the view. So relaxed! I thought we would fly closer to the rock formations but we were able to view them at an angle that was beyond belief.
The ground crew are also amazing! The way they lay it all out preparing for the flight, to the end where they met us and packed it all back up again. It was truly amazing watching them work so hard yet it looked so effortless on their part. They deserve a hugh round of recognition. They definitely put it all together. Afterwards they brought us to a campsite and surprised us with an outstanding Champagne/Mimossa breakfast consisting of huge muffins and fresh, sliced fruit. THis is truly an experience not to me missed. It is worth every dollar. Thank you guys for an amazing rememberance of our vacation to Sedona.
Joni and Bob, New Jersey