“Nice experience”

Northern Light Balloon Expeditions
Ranked #16 of 90 Tours in Sedona
Reviewed May 7, 2014

I had never been in a balloon before and thought Sedona would be a great place. The team at Northern Lights were wonderful. It was great but not as awesome as I was hoping for. We didn't go near the canyon, we kind of hovered over the water treatment facility for an hour. I did see other balloons nearer the canyon. The champagne breakfast after was a nice touch and the guy who took us up was really experienced and confident. Overall, great box tick but the views were as good or better from walking trails.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

I'm conflicted. This was the best hot-air balloon ride I have been on; a great pilot, lot's of banter, good overflight of the National Forest. BUT . . . when you think Sedona, you think Red Rocks, We didn't go near them . . . and it was extremely disappointing to see a couple of balloons from the other company doing just that. Frankly, they should have launched from a point that would have allowed us to do the same.

Reviewed April 30, 2014

We experienced our first hot air ballon excursion with Northern Light Balloon Expeditions. It was our 30th Anniversary and we decided this would be a great way to celebrate. The weather was gorgeous and our pilot Dan and his ground crew Alex were amazing. I was especially impressed with Dan's knowledge and expertise as he guided our balloon as close as he could toward the Sedona city limits and the red rocks. We were also fortunate enough to spot a herd of elk on the west side of town. I'm kinda glad we went with the smaller balloon...I couldn't imagine being crammed in those baskets with a dozen people. There were a total of six of us (including the pilot) and it was just right. Thanks for a great experience!

1  Thank Jennifer T
Reviewed April 29, 2014

My husband and I traveled to Sedona recently and the one thing we really wanted to try was a hot air balloon ride over the landscape. Northern Light did not disappoint and we were so happy that we were able to do this. The first morning we tried for a balloon ride, the winds were not in our favor and so we had to delay our ride to the next morning. The company was very accommodating and scheduled us right away for the next morning. The views were spectacular and we enjoyed meeting the other two couples on our balloon ride as well. Many thanks to Captain Ron and our chasers! The post-flight champagne and breakfast was a very nice touch - we definitely enjoyed this experience and would recommend them to anyone traveling to Sedona.

Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I are here for our anniversary and had an early morning ride over Sedona. It was absolutely wonderful! Thank you, Captain Ron and the boys for a beautiful morning!

1  Thank MKatherine