“Loved It”

13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Loved It”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I have always wanted to go on a hot air balloon ride, but hubby was a little hesitant. This time he agreed. There were four in our group. We were picked up at the resort at about 5:15 AM by our pilot. We had 7 total in our basket. The ride went very smooth. We did not go over the Red Rock, but you could see them. We were up about 1 hr and 20 minutes, with our balloon the last of 4 to come down. Afterward we were given mimosas, strawberries with cream cheese dip and a fritter. Loved it.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank suezyq50

Seattle, Washington
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Don't waste your money!”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I have never been in a balloon so I was excited! But don't do your first balloon ride here. The ride does NOT go over any beautiful canyons or rock formations. You go over a flat desert floor. Seriously nothing to even take a photo of. Then after your 40 minute non-scenic ride, you land on a dirt road where you are invited to sit in the dirt for half an hour while they pack up the balloon. The champagne breakfast was a greasy apple fritter with fruit and whipped cream. Please do your first balloon ride somewhere else and don't waste the money.

Visited September 2013
6 Thank Thelorster
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
60 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“What a great way to start the day.”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Drinking in the morning sun as you float across the Arizona landscape of Red Rock Sedona ... it certainly was a beautiful day and a wonderful experience. You immediately feel safe and part of a ballooning family with expert pilots and crew who do everything and more to make sure your experience is the best.
Once you have experienced this all time high you want to go back.
The early start is worth it, one couple with us got engaged during the flight, only telling us on over I breakfast. Well done man of keeping the secret and helping you share that special moment. Our pilot Doug had years of experience and a voice which sounded a bit like James Stewart, well he is a star in our eyes, as are the whole team. So when you are in Sedona and you look out between 7 and 8 am and see the green and yellow balloons think that it could be you and don't leave it to someday, I didn't and just want to go back. Money well spent.

1 Thank Peter_Dawes
Beverly Hills, California
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Hot Air Balloon ride over Sedona”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

We were staying at l'Auberge de Sedona and had already gone on a trip to the Grand Canyon but on our last morning there, my brother in law treated us (6 of us) to a balloon ride with Northern Light Balloon Expeditions. Blair picked us up at 5.45am and the excitement never stopped - the most thrilling adventure - and one of the most beautiful - on a par with river rafting and downhill skiing, but having the sense of being a bird, an eagle. Fantastic! A must if you are in Sedona or anywhere near.

1 Thank BridgetFH
Walpole, Massachusetts
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“The Thing To Do in Sedona”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Is there a better thing to do in Sedona than a balloon ride? Now that I’ve done it – it’s the thing to do when you visit there. It’s one thing to see the Red Rock country side from driving or hiking. Wait until you see it from a balloon… it’s out of this world. In my case – we used Northern Light and I am very happy with them. The person guiding our balloon was very experienced… and I felt at ease with him right away. He was informative and clearly in control. I didn’t know what to expect but by the time we were in the air, I was so excited. We just drifted in a slow almost nonexistent wind and the scenery was breathtaking. I never worried about anything… I was able to just enjoy. Considering this was my first time… I have to give credit to the folks at Northern Light for making the experience as calm for me as they did. But really – you knew from being around them that they knew what they were doing. And with that… it became the highlight of my trip to Sedona. Not only would I recommend this company – thanks to them… next time I go somewhere where the scenery is awesome… if I can book a balloon… I am going to do it again.

1 Thank Fizzoko