“Sad I had to leave!”

Las Posadas of Sedona
Ranked #24 of 49 Hotels in Sedona
Reviewed April 6, 2014

This was my first time in Sedona, what a beautiful place!!! Las Posadas was fantastic, very quite and peaceful. For traveling solo I felt completely safe my entire stay. This hotel is located outside the heart of Sedona which I was very pleased about. Britney at the front desk was so helpful, and friendly! She printed out hiking maps and told me the scoop on Sedona. This hotel really cares about its guests! I will definitely be returning to Sedona, and this is where I will stay.

Room Tip: A Red Rock View Room
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
4  Thank Barbara2542

Reviewed March 31, 2014

It had been at least 20 years since we'd been to Sedona. And besides the commercialism that has occurred in that time, we are looking forward to our next trip back. After hours of ONLINE searching (I'm a nut about selecting the right hotel), we chose Las Posadas of Sedona. (I really wish they would rename it Las Posadas de Sedona, but maybe it's just because we live in San Diego...) It was off the beaten path - at the entrance to Sedona, but at the edge of a quiet residential area. There was a nice little shopping center directly across the street, but we found it too dark to walk to at night. Upon arrival, we were greeted warmly by the teenager/young lady behind the desk, and after a brief and professional check-in process, she left her desk and personally walked us to our room. As a career hospitality professional, I was impressed by what was obviously standard practice. Parking was close to our room.

The grounds were beautiful, with lots of rock structures, fountains and bird baths, and blooming flowers. Our room was exactly as described - high ceilings, a romantic see-through fireplace, upgraded furnishings, and an extremely-comfortable king bed with luxury-grade linens. Our large bathroom included a soaker tub and separate shower with beautiful marble floor tiles. Our room (on the bottom floor) was pretty dark, and three burnt-out light bulbs did nothing to alleviate that. We did tell the desk clerk about the lights at check-out, and he promised to have them replaced. There was even a private little gated courtyard just outside of our front door, and a small sitting area outside of the bedroom sliders.

We found Las Posadas through Expedia, which listed it as coming with a continental breakfast. And while there was coffee and juice, fresh fruit, yogurt and granola every morning, there was also a freshly prepared breakfast served to your table upon your arrival. A letter from the management included in the facilities binder in our room indicated that any dietary needs would be communicated prior to arrival in Sedona, however, on the first morning, our chef very graciously offered to make our breakfast sans the meat and cheese. What he served was so delicious, we've already tried to duplicate it at home. The breakfast space opened out to a patio which looked out to the red rocks. This was filled on our first morning, but we enjoyed it on the second.

Having already rated this property with five dots, the only criticism I would offer is in regards to the kitchen and bathroom amenities. The suite came with a kitchenette, which included drinking glasses, coffee cups (with coffee, sugar and creamers), flatware and plates. There were no other kitchen utensils, no bowls of any kind, etc. We bought avocados and realized we had no knife to cut them up, or bowl to mash them into. (We left them for the maid). I don't think it would hurt to put a bit of kitchen inventory into the kitchen. Similarly, the bathroom has a lovely soaking tub, but no bath crystals, or bubble bath, or anything of that kind. I used the shampoo, which did make bubbles, but offered no luxurious feel. I have stayed in properties of this type in the Sonoma Wine Country, and the upgraded bathroom amenities are part of the experience. That said, I would absolutely stay here again. I would either pack my bathroom amenities and kitchen tools, or if it was a short weekend like this one (carry-on baggage only), I would purchase them at any number of retailers that now inhabit the valley. As for picking a room (which I know will come up in the TripAdvisor follow-up questions), I would ask for the one above ours. Our was tucked away, and included the courtyard I mentioned previously, but I know that the room above ours must have had an incredible view. I would ask for that.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor - with a view of the rocks.
1  Thank deborahhorger
Reviewed March 23, 2014

This boutique inn is located at the south edge of the Village at Oak Creek. It's about a 10 minute drive north on 179 to Sedona. Las Posados is conveniently located to trails for Bell, Cathedral and Coffee Pot as well as to bike rentals, golf and a gym. Our suite was about 6-700 sq. ft. It featured a king sized bed, separate shower and tub and two-sided electric fp that really took the chill off. The suite was painted in multiple shades of gray but really wasn't too dark. The inn's pool and hot tub were still closed. The pool is only about six months old. The grounds were clean but there is a three square feet pile of bird poop at the dining room patio! Those outdoor tables could also use umbrellas.
Breakfast could've featured more variety: honey dew, pineapple and cantaloupe fruit, granola and cereal and one entree. We spent five nights at Las Posados and the breakfast entree on four of the mornings was a breakfast burrito or queasadillo (stuffed with chicken, beans, chiles, etc,), potatoes, bacon sausage and so on. Our final morning Steve the chef prepared mesquite pancakes. Alec, a high school senior provided helpful guest service during evenings, Miguel gets a thumbs up for coming to the room and programming our remote. Housekeeping was decent not great. The bathroom was stocked daily with Philosophy products. Our rate was $220 a night and that seemed about right. Overall, very nice-probably 4.5 stars. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Didn't see adequate value in patio. Let the chef know how you want your entree prepared.
1  Thank Glen B
Reviewed March 16, 2014

This a first-rate small boutique hotel. The two room suite we stayed in was huge and well appointed! The suite had a large living/kitchenette area with a microwave and fridge, The bedroom is large with a see-through fireplace that divides the living area from the bedroom. The suite features a large bathroom with tub, separate shower and double sink vanity. All the extras of an upscale hotel included; fine soaps, high end towels and linens, etc. Our suite also featured a small balcony with two chairs.

The property is in excellent condtion and offers a small pool and hot tub. We did not utilize these amenities because of the temperatures during our stay, but they looked wonderful!

Las Posadas offers a full breakfast. The hotel only prepares one entree in B & B style, so if you do not like what is being served, your other choices are limited; with only one type of dry box cereal, granola, and fresh fruit provided. Fortunately, the two mornings of our stay the food was wonderful. The first day, we were prepared eggs and chicken enchiladas’ (which were terrific) and the next day eggs, bacon and mesquite pancakes. Also very good! The staff was very attentive and the breakfast was freshly prepared and served to our table. A suggestion would be to add some additional items such as bagels, pastry or other fruit choices, such as apples or bananas.

Several restaurants are in walking distance with the best of the lot being Cucina Rustica. This upscale restaurant offers fantastic Italian food. This hotel is in The Village of Oak Creek, a few miles south of the Sedona city limits. This distance from Sedona actually was a welcome respite from the hustle and bustle of the main drag in DT Sedona. At night it was quite and relaxing.

Other suggestions would be to try the Pink Jeep Tours to get "off road" for some adventure and fantastic views!

We're already planning a return trip to Sedona and Las Posades!

Room Tip: Ask for a second floor room for a better view. I was told all rooms are basically the same, accept...
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We stayed in a fully self-contained villa that exceeded our expectations - full kitchen with high end appliances, granite, 2 fireplaces, separate dining room and den, large bedroom and 2 patios!!! The staff was always very friendly and attentive and the location was great for accessing points north and west for hiking and just touring around. Authentic southwestern full breakfasts served daily were also a nice touch. Would definitely return here.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bev B
Reviewed February 25, 2014

The suite was spacious and lovely. The fireplace between the bedroom and living room added a nice romantic touch. The breakfast area was bright and clean and the chocolate covered strawberries for Valentine's were delicious. My favorite restaurant "Cusina Rustica" was a short walk across the street. ALEC was helpful from my first phone contact and through out our stay with suggestions for great hikes and more. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Next time will get a room with the hot tub.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 13, 2014

This is a family owned Inn that specializes in making you feel special. The rooms are beautiful, clean and so relaxing. I loved the fireplace and tub. The location is perfect, 2 hour easy drive to the Grand Canyon and just minutes to so many restaurants, shops and activities. One of the best stays of our lives.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple