“The Best Kept Secret in Sedona, Arizona” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Las Posadas of Sedona

Las Posadas of Sedona
Ranked #23 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
new jersey
“The Best Kept Secret in Sedona, Arizona”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2011

This B&B Inn was wonderful. The suite was very large and spacious. We had the fireplace going frequently and it added charm. The bed was so comfortable and the bathroom was large and beautiful with tile and granite. The suite was extremely clean. We received each day a different snack in our refrigerator - one day chedder cheese and crackers, another day it was hummus, another day it was brie cheese. They also filled a small cookie jar with freshly baked cookies each day. There was a coffee maker with both regular and decaf coffee, all types of sweeteners and creamers in the fridge. The breakfasts were to die for. Every day they had homemade granola with dried fruit like raisins, cranberries and banannas and nuts. They even offered a nut-free granola choice. There was fresh yogurt to use with it and a big bowl of fresh fruit - blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, cantalope and grapes. Orange Juice and water flavored with fresh fruit. Water for hot tea or cocoa, regular coffee and decaf coffe, 2% milk and half and half. Then the good stuff started coming. One day we had a warm peach and raspberry Crisp, another day a warm Pecan and Cinnamon Scone. Each one more delicious than the previous one. The final course was very different for us, but we enjoyed them. First day was chicken cooked in a skillet with a sauce and the sides were mushroom coucus and stir-fried zucchini, another day it was a spinach and cheese frittata, another day it was a vegetable quiche. Needless to say we needed to hike around Sedona to work off these wonderful breakfasts. The staff was extremely nice and very helpful. If you wanted to go out very early in the day (example hot-air ballooning), they would hold breakfast for you until you got back. They arranged horseback riding for us and told us great places to hike and where to go for shopping. I cannot say enough good things about this Inn, the staff and the overall amenities. My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay and wished we could have stayed longer.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Cave Creek, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2011

We just love Las Posadas! Every time we stay there we feel comfortable and relaxed. It is so peaceful there, and we almost feel like we are in our own private spa with the personal hot tub, big bath tub inside, fireplace and wonderful Aveda products! Everything is so clean and cozy. We will continue visiting as much as we can!!

Room Tip: Get a room with a hot tub!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Surprise, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2011

This is actually the second time my husband and I have stayed at Las Posadas. The first time we were dating and went up to Sedona for Valentines Day. We found this hidden Gem among others on one of trip discount sites. We took a gamble and picked Las Posadas. We were so impressed! Everyone was so kind. The property along with the rooms were gorgeous, and the breakfast was outstanding! Needless to say when my husband and I decided to get married in Sedona March 27th 2011 there was no question where we would be staying along with our friends and family... Las Posadas!!!! Working with Carlos was a breeze! He was absolutely amazing and had great hospitality. He bent over backwards for me to make sure booking a room was the easiest part of planning a wedding even after we had flaky people who dropped at the last minute. We took up a majority of the 20 rooms at this hotel. Everyone of my guest commented how beautiful the rooms were and was conveniently surprised by the breakfast. There is not one complaint that can come to mind about this place! Also the mattresses as so comfortable I slept like a rock. It is so small at Las Posadas it’s quiet and you don’t share a wall with any other rooms that I know of so you don’t have to hear your neighbors business… Our room even had a hot tub!!!! :)

Room Tip: call hotel they give better rate than travel site
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2011

This was our second stay at Las Posadas. Loved it all over again. This time we got a hot tub which was much needed after a morning of hiking. Rooms are spacious and clean. While it is a drive to get into Sedona, the tranquility of this resort cannot be beat. The 3 course breakfast was again wonderful and we enjoyed it every morning. Will be back again!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2011

Our stay was outstanding. They have a unique and exquisite B&B, well-run, clean, and beautiful, in a perfect setting. Highlights were the gourmet breakfast (and outstanding Breakfast staff) and the view of the gorgeous Sedona hills. Only disappointment was difficulty finding parking on returning late one evening. We still found parking on an extended part of the property. Pleasant surprises were the daily snacks and convenience of using the fitness facility down the road ...... great set up with 24-hr access.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Fridley, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2011

... I would give Las Posadas of Sedona three thumbs up! :)
My husband and I stayed at Las Posadas for 6 nights during our visit to Arizona in December of 2010 and WOW! What an incredibly positive experience it was. It is a Bed and Breakfast place, however, each suite has its separate enterance from the outside, so you have more privacy. The suite we stayed at was very spacious and nicely decorated: big living room with a fireplace, bedroom with a super-comfortable bed, bathroom with 2 sinks, a separate shower and a bathtub, and a kitchenette. The cleaning staff kept our suite immaculately clean during our stay, many thanks to them!
Carlos, the General Manager, and Jeff, the Front Desk Manager, were very helpful during our visit - making reservations for our Grand Canyon trip, giving us maps and directions of places to see and hiking trails to explore around Sedona. Thank you, gentelmen.
And the breakfast! It was fresh, very delicious and plentiful. It sustained us through the long days of hiking and sightseeing. It was also nice to find a veggie snack and home made cookies in our suite after we came back in the evening. Thank you, chef Ray.
One more thing I'd like to mention. One day we were leaving early in the morning for our Grand Canyon tour and were going to miss breakfast. The night before we found homemade granola, fresh fruit, yogurt and orange juice in the fridge in our suite. How nice and thoughtful!
During our stay at Las Posadas we felt like we stayed at home, only better.
Las Posadas sets a high standard for what Bed and Breakfast places should be. If we ever visit Sedona, we will definitely stay at Las Posadas again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2011

After checking into Las Posadas in Sedona, AZ with a few friends, I realized I made one of the best lodging choices of the 21st century! i was blown away at the beauty as soon as I walked in. The kitchen was breathtaking, bathrooms...phenomenal! and the western decor of the entire place was true to form. I even had a replica tumbleweed above my closet! This was just the inside. Please don't get me started on the AMAZING three course breakfast that was served fresh every morning, or the amazing view of Sedona as soon as I walked out of my room in the morning!

Carlos and the staff were extremely friendly. Everybody always had a smile on their face and some great suggestions from where to go hiking or maybe just to get a movie after a long day. I feel like I have now found my home away from home. The next time I go to Sedona I know where I will be staying, Las Posadas. In fact I think I might make my next reservation now, I suggest you do the same!

Jordan G