“The best kept secret of Sedona”
Review of Sugar Loaf Lodge

and 1 more site!
Sugar Loaf Lodge
Ranked #37 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Mesa, Arizona
“The best kept secret of Sedona”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

I love Sedona and I have visited the city maybe 5 times just in the past year. The best hotel I have ever stayed at is actually the Sugar Loaf which is actually a motel. The rooms are clean and big, the beds are probably the most confortable beds I have ever slept on.
The prices are low for a really good service. The only thing that could probably be improved is the breakfast that is just a tray with a small selection of food for the guests to pick and eat in their room.
The staff is helpful and really nice plus they make you feel welcome and always assisted.
If you want to grab some amazing italian food for dinner you only need to cross the road and go to Picazzo's.

Room Tip: I think I have stayed in 5 different rooms and they were all more than good. I guess it's just a...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank ElisaS94

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Lookout Mountain, Georgia
Reviewed May 28, 2012

We spent three nights here. We came to Sedona for sightseeing and hiking purposes, not to hang out at the hotel, so it fit our needs perfectly. The price was the best part. The next budget motel I checked was $30 more per night.

We found the area to be very safe and the other customers to be friendly and nice. It is next door to the Hampton Inn. A Domino's Pizza restaurant is next door, so that made for a convenient dinner when we were tired.

The room was clean, and it was very convenient to be able to park close to the door and to not climb stairs. I agree with other reviewers that the room was spacious, clean, comfortable, etc. The decor was very simple and not offensive.

My husband and son found the pool to be too cold (mid-May) but very clean.

The free breakfast that we took to our room was better than most budget motels we have stayed in. Choices included yogurt, prepackaged pastries and muffins.

The only thing that would have made it better would have been another lamp in the room. It had two, but we could have used another. That said, if I ever return to Sedona, I will be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank JanetonLookout
Ohio
Reviewed May 25, 2012

We stayed here for 4 days on our recent visit to Sedona. This is a small non chain motel that is reasonably priced in a pricey area. The room was quite large, extremely clean, and had an very comfortable bed. It also had a TV, microwave, refrigerator, table and chairs. The room was nicely decorated. The motel had a great pool and hot tub....but, we did not use it other then to have our afternoon tea as we sat around it. The motel does provide breakfast that you bring back to your room as the office area is extremely small. But, it worked for us. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 25, 2012

Cheap, clean and a GREAT pool area with hot tub. Dog friendly. Just what we needed!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank hombrito
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed March 19, 2012

Just a quick side-note to add to my previous review. I had said the only downside I could state with the property was the dirt parking lot. Guess What! When we arrived for our most recent visit, we found that the driveway and parking lot had been paved! I mentioned how nice it looked to the woman at the desk and she thanked me and said that her husband had done a lot of the work, with help of course. There is still a little unpaved parking, but that's away from the rooms. With all the red sedona dirt, the paving is nice.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank Lina E
Poncha Springs, CO
Reviewed March 19, 2012

I had read the generally positive Trip Advisor reviews on the Sugar Loft Lodge and wasn't disappointed. The guy at the front desk wasn't overly friendly, but he was kind enough to call me when their Internet (which had been down most of the day because of the weather) was back up. The room was simple, but very clean. This is an economy motel, so there weren't a lot of frills. The bed was comfortable with a nice comforter on top. TV worked well and had the usual ca-jillion cable stations. The Sugar Loaf is conveniently located on 89A, with lots of eateries and other amenities within easy walking distance. I'll stay there again next time I find myself in Sedona.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank John-David L
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed January 21, 2012

This place was the cheapest we could find in a very expensive town. And we were delighted. Young man on front desk was lovely and helpful, room was spotlessly clean (which is a must for me). Location is on Hwy 89A but we couldn't hear the traffic at all as our room was right up the back.

Good internet wifi, coffee making, fridge, microwave and lovely comfy beds. Didn't have breakfast here as we had our own cereal as we don't like the danishes for breakfast but they do try and that is OK with us. There is a pool but being winter we didn't bother.

What impressed us most was we decided last minute to go out to the Out of Africa Wildlife Park and wanted to pay online to get the discount. Without a printer this makes it really hard but the guy on the front desk wasn't fazed at all. We booked and paid on his computer and he printed the voucher out in the office. Couldn't have been easier. How nice is that?

Sedona is overly expensive so this place was one of the higher priced places we have been too BUT the price was right for Sedona. Would stay again.

Room Tip: A room up the back is away from the Highway so less noise. However in Summer it may be a problem wi...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple