“A Home Away from Home”
Review of Star Motel

Star Motel
Ranked #33 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I travelled for the very first time, alone, at the ripe old age of 56 (female) from Eastern Canada to Sedona, Arizona.
The best decision of my entire trip was booking a room at the Star Motel!
The owners, Anne Carmen des Rosiers and her mom, Marcelle, are absolutely the two most caring individuals I have ever met!
They ensured that I was comfortable and that my stay was memorable.
My room was cozy and exceptionally well located. When I ventured out in the evening, I was always able to find my way back to the motel. The star on the tall sign could be seen from almost anywhere in Uptown Sedona!
Impecaably clean with lovely, friendly housekeepers and everything that one needs for a home away from home.
Prices are less expensive than any other accomodation in Sedona.
Highly recommended.

Room Tip: A suite is available and the other available rooms are similar in size. All rooms are non-smoking r...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Sue453
There are newer reviews for Star Motel

Reviewed May 20, 2013

My husband & I have never stay there. We had a reservation for 2 days and have to give a 48 hours cancellation. We were there last year and we decided if we do visit Sedona we would love to stayed there. Due to flu we had to cancelled our trip that morning without giving 48 hours. She was so nice, didn't charged us for the rooms . That is the kind of service most big chain hotels should do. They do deserved a 5 stars for excellent customer service. We love the location.
The Beran

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ARB8444
Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

My husband & I stayed at Star Motel 5/9-5/11. We were wrapping up our honeymoon & wanted to stop in Sedona for a couple of nights. The Star Motel was clean & beds were comfy! Also, it is in a great location, right at the center of the shops! We enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank chavez2013
Reviewed May 6, 2013

we've stayed here on each visit to Sedona. Though not the cheapest place, you always get a very clean room and the owner/managers are extremely helpful and willing to ensure you have the best experience. the Star is right in the main town so you only have a short walk to restaurants and shops.

I will say though, that though the Star maintains it's exceptional quality, Sedona and surrounding the area is getting more and more expensive, obviously becuase of the 'tourist trap'. you can do all the shops in a couple of hours as most sell the same things.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank holidayfansYorkshire
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Stayed for a couple nights, rooms are exceptionaly clean and beds were comfortable. You can't ask for much more for the price and the convienience of being downtown. Will stay here whenever we get back to Sedona just for the friendly, relaxed atmosphere that you don't get in the chain hotels.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Albertakid
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised with this motel. It was very basic and clean. The owner was more than helpful when we first showed up. I will definitely be staying there again when I return to Sedona. It is also in a very prime location.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank fletch0580
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We stayed one night at the Star Motel, its located right in the heart of uptown. The Star is within walking distance to shops, restaurants, etc. The motel was very clean and extremely reasonable for the location. The room is basic but really has everything you need. We were very pleased with stay at the Star, and we loved Sedona.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends