Star Motel
$199
$345
$246
Kimpton
GreenTree Inn Sedona(Sedona)(Great Value!)
$130
$151
$118
  • Breakfast included
Arabella Hotel Sedona(Sedona)(Great Value!)
$169
$144
  • Breakfast included
$261
$250
BestWestern.com
$239
Sedona Summit Resort(Sedona)(Great Value!)
$139
Enchantment Resort(Sedona)
$405
Preferred Hotels
  • Pool
All reviewsuptown sedonagreat locationshops and restaurantsrooms are clean and comfortablehelpful with suggestionscentral locationwithin walking distancequiet at nightstay there againspent two nightscoffee potmicrowavepatiohikefurnishingssunrise
Reviewed November 29, 2012

Rooms are simple and basic, but very clean at what might be the best price in this part of Sedona. Anne (the owner) is very hospitable and welcoming. She gave me a lot of suggestions on places to see, eat etc. and they were indeed wonderful suggestions. Uptown Sedona (which is where this motel is located) is a nice little area to walk around, check out some incredible western clothing, and other boutiques. It is a bit touristy, but still very nice. Tlaqapaque Arts village, which is my favorite thing in Sedona, is only a 20 min pleasant walk away. Cowboy Club restaurant next door (recommended by Anne) has good food and drinks (loved the Sangria !). I had breakfast at Hitching Post restaurant, a nice little inexpensive diner, and it was great. There is also a walk-in, open to the public, meditation room at Peace Place, also right next door.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Manish P
Reviewed November 26, 2012

WOW...Yes awesome place.
Very clean.
Very comfortable.
Great location...parked my car right in front of room and walked everywhere after that.
Everyone is very nice, helpful and want to do whatever possible to make your stay the best!
I was there over Thanksgiving weekend, 4 nights.
Would never want to stay anywhere else!
Ever.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
lulapineflat, Owner at Star Motel, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2014

Hi MRBIZ,
I want to thank you for writing a review of The Star. It was a pleasure meeting you and having you stay with us more than once!
I hope to see you on your next visit to Sedona.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

I arrived late on the 6th of October, and Ann came out from her home to give me the key and welcome me, She had left a note on my door with her cell number.The room was clean, and welcoming....very comfortable!!! She had made sure I had a coffee pot waiting for me there!! I went on to the Grand Canyon on the 8th and was touring the state, enjoying the diversity of the nature and loving it! I changed my trip around a bit, and Ann was always very understanding of my date changes, and I spent my last two nights here on the 18th and 19th. I had a room behind the motel with my own little patio and it was very enjoyable!!! I will definitely come back to Sedona and in my mind, this is the ONLY place to stay. Everyone is so very nice, and the location is withing walking distance to all of the shops and restaurants in Uptown Sedona, making it very convienent for everything!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank DLKS
lulapineflat, Owner at Star Motel, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

DLKS,
I was so nice to have you return to the Star at the end of your holiday and hear about your grand adventures. I am glad that we had a room for you. I look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

We stayed in the upstairs suite, Room 10 which allowed us to sit on the balcony and watch people strolling up and down the main thoroughfare. Of course, we strolled up and down ourselves. This suite has a well-stocked kitchen and lots of room to spread out and hang out. This was a quick trip, but we'd love to go back when we can stay a while!

Room Tip: If you are looking for a kitchen or room to spread out a little, room 10 is perfect and you get the added bonus of the balcony!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Brenda C
lulapineflat, Owner at Star Motel, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Brenda C
I am pleased that you enjoyed the people watching from the balcony at unit 10. It has always been my favorite places to sit and watch Sedona "happen" and to watch the rocks change color at sunset.
I hope that you make it back soon.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

This was my first trip to Sedona. I had not made reservations, did not know October was one of their busiest tourist months and had no clue where to go or what to do. I got the name and number for the Star Motel from the Tourist Information Center. I knew instantly that I was in the right place when I heard the owner's voice on the phone.
Anne put me at ease and took away all my concerns immediately. She had a room, told me how to get there and even met me at the door of her office when I arrived. From the moment we shook hands I knew I had a friend in this wonderfully kind lady.
While there I witnessed time and time again her thoughtfulness as she helped anyone who stopped in. Even if she did not have a room available she would help them in whatever way she could and always with a smile.
The rooms have a retro charm that fits with this 1950's motel. The furniture was custom made. The rooms were spotlessly clean and in great working order. Outside each room there are comfortable chairs and a little table where you can sit and enjoy the view. There are rock formations, such as Snoopy Rock, the Three Bears Rock and others, that great you as soon as you step out your door.
The location is directly behind the main drag of Uptown Sedona, which means easy walks to shopping, dining, entertainment and tours. I can think of no better place to esperience the charm of Sedona than the Star Motel.
If I thought I could, I would have just moved in and lived there. But alas, I could not. However, I intend to ALWAYS book all future visits to Sedona with STAR MOTEL! I cannot imagine Sedona without Anne. She is the best feature of that wonderfully magical place!

Room Tip: All rooms I stayed in were comfortable, clean and quiet. I stayed in three different rooms so that I could extend my time there. I loved them all.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Adrianne B

Adrianne,
Thank you for your thoughtful review of the motel. It was a pleasure having you stay with us during your first (but not last) visit to Sedona. I look forward to seeing you soon.