“Fantastic Resort for the Family”
Review of Wyndham Sedona

Wyndham Sedona
Ranked #38 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 30, 2014

PROS
*The kids had a blast - great pool and they felt safe to roam the property by themselves
*The units were very spacious
*The grounds were very nice
*Perfect location - very close to all major hiking trails and sites around Sedona

CONS
*Ants: Ants found there way into the bedroom.
*Carpets Dirty: If you walked barefoot, your feet would turn dark quickly - yuck.
*Outside grills were out of propane and ignitors didn't work

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Tim E
Alan H, Assistant Resort Manager at Wyndham Sedona, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

Hello Tim,

Thank you so much for sharing your vacation experience with us! I am happy to hear that your family had a great time during your visit. Thank you also for sharing your comments on areas where we could improve. I have communicated your feedback to our team and am happy to let you know that we have already replaced four grills with brand new ones with more on the way! Thank you again for sharing your thoughts and please do not hesitate to contact me personally at the Resort if I may be of further assistance. Have a great Summer season!

Alan Holt
Assistant Resort Manager
Wyndham Sedona Resort
928-203-1026
alan.holt2@wyn.com

Reviewed June 23, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Wyndam in June, 2014 and had then best time. Plenty of relaxation and lots to do in the area. The resort was top notch and I would recommend it to family and friends. Very professional staff and extremely helpful in all activities that we planned.

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Porter M
Alan H, Assistant Resort Manager at Wyndham Sedona, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

Hello from beautiful Sedona, Arizona and thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor with other travellers! I am so pleased that you enjoyed your vacation with us and hope that you will visit us again in the future. Enjoy your Summer!

Reviewed May 31, 2014

We loved the location of this Wyndham property. The units are just a block or two off of the main road so it's convenient to get around town but it was also a nice, quiet location. We had a one bedroom unit with a good sized kitchen for two people. We like the "condo" type property so we can make coffee in the morning and have a refrigerator for snacks and hiking supplies. We stayed two nights and did 3 days of hiking. The front office area has books with hiking ideas and also activities that include guided hikes. We did not have time for the organized activities but plan to go back for a longer period of time. Nice big swimming pool area with heated pool. Unit had a washer/dryer that we were hoping to use but the property was totally out of laundry soap. The office told us they were waiting on a shipment of soap. The only problem we had were extremely noisy neighbors that arrived the night before we left. They stayed up late and got up early and apparently didn't care who they disturbed. That is not a bad reflection on the hotel, just happened to get extremely inconsiderate people in the unit next to us. Would not hesitate to go back to this property!

Room Tip: Get an upstairs unit so you won't be disturbed by people walking around above you - and be consi...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kauai4me

Dear Tripadvisor Traveller,
Thank you so much for letting us know and sharing with others your experience when you recently visited Sedona. I was sorry to hear about the soap issue and we have addressed that by having a backup supply so that future guests will not be impacted as you were. We look forward to your next visit and I hope you have a great Summer season!

Reviewed May 22, 2014

My wife and I plus two good friends just spent 4 glorious nights at this beautiful resort. We had a two bedroom condo that included a private patio. The resort has a large heated pool and hot tub open 24 hours.
The location is just off highway 89A in West Sedona. Plenty of things to do nearby. You can schedule many activities right from the resort main desk. This is a great place to stay while you are visiting beautiful Sedona, Az.

Room Tip: The condo units are available in two story buildings...if you have trouble with stairs be sure to as...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank jaokelly
Alan H, Asst. Resort Manager at Wyndham Sedona, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2014

Hello, and thank you for your wonderful comments about your recent stay with us. The entire team takes great pride in providing excellent guest service and I am so happy to hear that you had a great vacation visiting Sedona. We look forward to seeing you again!

Warm Regards,
Alan Holt
Assistant Resort Manager
Wyndhan Sedona Resort
alan.holt2@wyn.com
928-203-1026

Reviewed May 4, 2014

We stayed at the Wyndham Sedona for three days in April 2014. We had 6 people in our party (2 adults, 1 senior, 3 kids) and needed a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom condo to accommodate our family. This condo fit the bill and was reasonably priced, so we went with it.
The Wyndham has a convenient location in Sedona and the condo was a nice size, the rooms were spacious and relatively updated, no complaints there. My biggest issue was the smell... I'm not sure if it was the cleaning supplies or if there was something wrong with the unit, but it smelled very odd immediately upon entering. I can't put my finger on what it smelled like, but it was unpleasant, although you got used to it after a bit. Our drains were very, very slow as well. The bathtub in the second bathroom was dirty and would fill up with water, I would not allow my children to bathe in there because of the yuck factor. The kitchen sink also drained slowly and did not have a garbage disposal, which was odd. The second bedroom smelled like vomit in one corner as well.
All in all, the resort was fine, I think if we had been in a different room I'd have a better opinion.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank shelbey l
Alan H, Assistant Resort Manager at Wyndham Sedona, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2014

I am so sorry to hear that you experienced some difficulties with the unit you were in during your stay. It is our goal to make sure that your vacation is an enjoyable one and we value your feedback. We look forward to your next visit with us and our team is available 24/7 to ensure that any problems encountered are quickly addressed. Please do not hesitate to contact me at the resort I I can be of any assistance.

Reviewed May 3, 2014

Beautiful, relaxing location. Staff were better than A1 - no hounding about upgrading which is such an awful thing after traveling to your location and just looking to rest. Come enjoy this simply beautiful spot!!!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank No_Worries_1962

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I am glad to hear that you had a relaxing time on your vacation in Sedona! Again, thank you for reaching out and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

Spent a relaxing week at the Wyndham Sedona. There are lots of fun activities at the resort. One of the best is stargazing with Dennis on Monday nights. He takes the 14 maximum group outside to the parking lot with four types of lenses for viewing the stars. Jupiter, Mars, Saturn, the international Space Station, galaxies with 500,000 stars for the viewing. He only charges $20 per person and he really knows his stuff. One of the best experiences at a Wyndham.

Brian tells the history of native Americans in the Sedona area on Saturday nights.

A fun wine tasting is organized by the Wyndham on Thursday night. The resort is very close to a very charming hiking trail through Carroll Canyon that we hiked in the morning and the early evening before sunset. The staff is very responsive to any issues we had in our room. We had trouble figuring out how to use the DVD player and which remote to use to change the channels. We really enjoyed our time there and look forward to returning for another Sedona adventure.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank OrchidmanUSC
Alan H, Assistant Resort Manager at Wyndham Sedona, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2014

Thank you for the kind words. We will share these with our team members. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and delighted to hear that you were able to take advantage of many of the wonderful activities we provide at the resort. The Stargazing event is especially popular and a great educational experience which is only enhanced by the beautiful night skies here in Sedona. Again, thank you for reaching out and we look forward to your next visit.