“Very gracious 2 bedroom units”
Review of Wyndham Sedona

Wyndham Sedona
Ranked #40 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 1, 2013

We were impressed by the resort's spacious units. Ours abutted a wooded area and must have been about 1200 sq. ft. The resort is right off of 89a across from Safeway. If you can ignore their persistent efforts to attend a sales presentation you will love your visit.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Nadorick

Reviewed January 26, 2013

My husband and I stayed with another couple in two one bedroom lock offs. The rooms were both large with fully stocked kitchens. We had plenty of privacy and were able to easily go from room to room if needed. The hotel was close to the shops area in Sedona (about a 5 minute drive). There was a grocery store within walking distance that had a wonderful selection of foods including reasonably priced organic foods. The hotel was also within short drive distance to awesome hiking trails, spa services, delicious restaurants and just breath taking views. The pool area was nice, the gym equipment was dated and I actually had to get off the treadmill as it was a little scary but this seems to be common for Wyndham properties. I would stay here again and would definitely bring the kids as the hotel seemed to have plenty of activities for kids.

Room Tip: There were beautiful views from every angle!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jesric
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Excellent location, close to Sedona's attractions. Clean, comfortable, great pool, good views of surrounding mountains. Service was helpful in providing extra supplies. Concierge presented interesting attractions. Sedona area and vortexes are amazing.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank PDGirl
Reviewed January 17, 2013

My husband and I are currently staying at this resort. My best friend stayed with us. Our unit is very big- we have a one bedroom with a lockout. Both units are very nice. They are newly redecorated and have granite countertops and nice new appliances. The beds are very comfortable. Our view from the balcony and the master bedroom are amazing! We have a jacuzzi tub and a separate shower in the master bath. The lockout has all of the amenities of the larger unit. We have a washer and dryer in both units. The 4 televisions all have cable. This is a great place to stay in beautiful, mystical Sedona!

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank CharFischer
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I've been to a few places and when my wife and I want some down time from the face paced live we live this is a great place to go!! This place is a central location to all the top stores and restaurants and is beautifully located to get to all your needs!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JolietBigwig
Reviewed January 6, 2013

My friend booked this condo for us and it was better than we expected! The photos WE saw were very outdated. Our room was very nice and modern. There were 4 of us, so 2 of us slept on the sleeper sofa (it was decent) and 2 in the bedroom. The kitchen was stocked with settings for 4, and we cooked several meals during our 3 night stay. There were basics like knives, can opener, blender, toaster, cheese grater, bottle opener, pots and pans, baking dish, cutting board, coffee maker, dishwasher!....the double sink vanity and separate tub/shower was also nice for the 4 of us. There was a BBQ and picnic table outside our room and the views were beautiful. The hospitality desk was very helpful and the price was definitely right for this location! There was a DVD player, so we rented a movie from the hotel one night. Lots of channels on the TV and they also called to let us know that various performances, etc were happening in the main events room. It was better than all of us expected! They only "complaint" I have is that there wasn't a lot of extra room to put luggage, etc.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank tumbleweed_travels
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Even though we had stayed at Wyndham Sedona before, I decided to check out their reviews on TripAdvisor, just to see if there might be anything new. I was surprised to see a recent, very negative review. Let's just say that someone might have been having a bad day when my own experience and the experience of the vast majority of other reviewers is highly positive. BTW, I am not from Wyndham. I know its hard to prove that here, but I can say I bought my ownership off of ebay, and I don't think a planted review from Wyndham would say that.

Anyway, about the sales pitch. YOU DON'T HAVE TO GO TO A SALES MEETING. Is it that hard to just decline the appointment? It isn't for me. And if you do decide to sell your time for whatever they are offering (like we all have at least once) of course you are going to get a hard sell, and of course it is going to run long. They are professional sales personnel who are good at their job. JUST SAY NO. Enough said about that.

BTW - Kudos to the woman checking us in. The couple before me was having a real hard time deciding who to list as an emergency contact, so she started checking me in parallel to the slow couple before me. I didn't even have to roll my eyes to get her attention. She was able to efficiently check me in before the other couple. Winner! They also had our room ready before the 4 PM official check in time. Double winner.

The room was the typical high quality that I have seen in other Wyndham's (Vegas, San Diego, Heber, etc). Obviously the upgrades need to occur over time, not all at once everywhere, so it doesn't concern me that only the main TV set was a flat panel, and the two in the bedrooms are still the old CRT style. I saw no evidence of poor workmanship or unfinished remodels like at least one other owner did (thanks for posting those pictures). Hopefully the property manager is fixing those issues.

TV tip. The free internet is a high enough speed that I could start a Netflix movie on my Android tablet, and then connect the HDMI output of the tablet to the TV (need to bring your own cable). Not sure if iPads can do that also, but we only experienced minor pixalation throughout the movie, so the quality (internet speed) seemed pretty good.

That's all folks.