1,669 results
All reviewsreds restaurantsmall platesfree appetizerobservation deckred rockscouples massagecorner roomhotel restauranthuge showerwalk in showeronsite restaurantthird floorwonderful hotelsteam roomshower headfire pitcoffee pot
Reviewed July 19, 2010

The Sedona Rouge Hotel and Spa is located on Hwy. 89A in Sedona. It's not up in the congested tourist area, but is still a short drive from all the shops. We liked that it sat in an area that was less congested, but still had an incredible view behind the hotel (you can enjoy it from the pool area and a roof top patio). This hotel looked beautiful and new, and the service and amenities felt like a 5 star hotel. Entering our room was like aromatherapy...it smelled like a spa. We all fell in love the with soaps and lotions in the rooms. The rooms were very spacious and beautifully decorated. My teenage daughter was in love with the walk-in shower. We had a ground floor room (Room 111) that had a lovely patio with shade trees and a courtyard garden. The hotel is also convenient to a grocery store, nice restuarants, and Barlow Jeep Rentals. There is a fitness center, a spa, and the pool area has a beautiful view. We just kept commenting to ourselves that we couldn't believe how reasonably priced this hotel was for level of amenities it offers.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 15, 2010

I was excited to stay here after doing a lot of research on the Sedona Rouge and surrounding area. What I ended up with, though, was slight disappointment after our two night stay here and that somehow I had been ripped off.

Our hotel room didn't have a balcony - it essentially was about a foot deep "step-out" area to look at a Safeway parking lot and a rather messy area in the back of the hotel with some kind of rock garden. We had no views of the rocks around Sedona, which if you have been to the area, it seems an impossibility to not have views no matter where you are staying. We found that the air conditioner did not work properly at all, even though we reported the issue to the front desk the first day we were there. We had the temp set way lower than we keep it at home and still found that we were sweating through the night without even using a sheet. For being a "luxury" hotel, we found that it was easy to hear doors to adjacent rooms opening and closing and we also found that the noise coming from the room above us was almost unbearable in the mornings. It sounded like a herd of elephants walking above us both mornings at 6 am when the occupants above us got up. I would expect more noise-proofing in a hotel of this caliber. We also were disappointed to get kicked out of their rooftop sitting area by security around 9 pm. We had just gotten back from dinner and wanted to enjoy watching the stars and the fact that the day was finally cooling off. Who wants to sit around a hot fireplace during the day? Why not keep the area open until at least 10, which is when the pool closes.

On the plus side, the rooms were well-appointed and the beds and linens were wonderful. The large shower was nice with the dual shower heads and they had wonderful smelling bath products that can be purchased in larger containers in the lobby. The entry area was nice with some fountains.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tiania
Reviewed July 10, 2010

We just stayed four (4) nights a tthe Sedona Rouge and enjoyed our visit. Very clean and friendly. There are some housekeeping problems, hoowever. The first night I had to remake the bed as the bottom sheet did not cver the entire mattress pad making it unsanitary and very uncomfortable. The second night our sheets were not changed and we had to call housekeeping to make the beds. The third night we did not have any wash cloths or facial tissue and had to call again. The fourth night we were locked out of our room. It seems that they had only given us our room for three (3) nights, however the desk clerk and I had gone over the reservation at check in and everything wa as it should have been. We also had a written, confirming reservation for four (4) nights. We had to go down to the desk to have our card key renewed for another night. The property is very nice, however allow extra time each night for the staff to correct the defeciencies. We were there for a relaxing trip which this prevented. They did, however, allow us a small monetary credit for our inconveniences

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 3, 2010

The room - and especially the sumptuous bath - was relaxing and crisply clean. The pool and spa were delightful. We had a garden patio that was a private treat with gorgeous views of the red rocks. The restaurant was so-so, but there were lots of options in the area. Because of location just off the busy highway, however, a car was necessary to visit the town center or galleries.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 2, 2010

Somewhere online I read that this hotel was in "uptown Sedona" which is considered the downtown area or city center. This was not in walking distance to Uptown Sedona, about a two or three minute drive and parking is not fun there. However, the room was clean and comfortable, the pool was great with drink service, a little crowded though. The restaurant was fine- nothing super special. However they have a fountain in the middle of the establishment that is super loud. Every time I came near the door I thought there was a rain storm happening. My biggest complaint aside from location is that the air conditioner is super loud, it kept me up at night and when I turn it off I wake up sweating two hours later (this is AZ after all). Next time I'm trying L'Auberge, as that's what was originally recommended but we were under the impression Rouge was similar, better location and way cheaper. L'Auberge is in the Uptown area, but down a steep hill from it- I think they offer free rides to the uptown area. Oh- and internet was free and easy.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family