1,688 results
All reviews reds restaurant small plates free appetizer observation deck red rocks couples massage corner room hotel restaurant huge shower walk in shower onsite restaurant third floor wonderful hotel steam room shower head fire pit coffee pot
Reviewed July 2, 2010

Somewhere online I read that this hotel was in "uptown Sedona" which is considered the downtown area or city center. This was not in walking distance to Uptown Sedona, about a two or three minute drive and parking is not fun there. However, the room was clean and comfortable, the pool was great with drink service, a little crowded though. The restaurant was fine- nothing super special. However they have a fountain in the middle of the establishment that is super loud. Every time I came near the door I thought there was a rain storm happening. My biggest complaint aside from location is that the air conditioner is super loud, it kept me up at night and when I turn it off I wake up sweating two hours later (this is AZ after all). Next time I'm trying L'Auberge, as that's what was originally recommended but we were under the impression Rouge was similar, better location and way cheaper. L'Auberge is in the Uptown area, but down a steep hill from it- I think they offer free rides to the uptown area. Oh- and internet was free and easy.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Adrienneke
Reviewed July 1, 2010

I attended a writing retreat at the Sedona Rouge. The accommodations and the service were excellent. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.
Donna

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 1, 2010

To celebrate a special occasion, we planned a trip to Sedona. After reading many hotel reviews, we decided on the Sedona Rouge Hotel & Spa. From the moment the reservation was made, we knew we had made the right choice for us. Reservations contacted us with a friendly welcome email. The concierge also emailed us good information about the area, and what to see and do. She responded timely to our questions. This was our first time to the area, and we received a warm, friendly welcome from the front desk, and the bellman upon arrival. Our spacious room with a view from our small balcony was so appreciated, and a pleasant surprise. Not all rooms have a view, so this was an added bonus. The bed was extremely comfortable, and the rainfall shower in the large bathroom was the best ever. Our room was always neat and clean upon returning from the day's activity.

The concierge helped us arrange a trip to the Grand Canyon, and the tour company was prompt and on time at picking us up at the hotel. It was a wonderful day there with lunch at El Tovar. The concierge (who was extremely helpful and knowledgeable) also gave us maps and important tips on where to go for the best views for photographing the wonderful red rocks in the area. We took her advice, and the views were fantastic. We enjoyed our morning breakfast each day at the Sedona Rouge REDS. The restaurant staff was efficient and friendly. We also spent one evening in the REDS lounge enjoying a drink and the live music...very fun and entertaining. The Sedona Rouge is near a wide range of available activities and attractions. At the same time, we found it to be an oasis of quiet, and calm with all the amenities. We had a fabulous time and will return to the Sedona Rouge again. It was exactly what we hoped for and more for a very relaxing and fun time.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 28, 2010

We stayed in a second floor "spa room" at the Sedona Rouge for two nights and were VERY pleased. The room was tastefully decorated and was spacious and had a view of the red rocks. My only complaint was that the carpet looked a bit stained and frayed, but otherwise everything was very beautiful and the bed very comfortable. The staff brought a queen sized air mattress for our 4 year old and she loved sleeping there. (We had a king bed. for my husband and I.) We enjoyed the pool, which was small, but not crowded and was clean and in a pretty setting. The pool chairs were very comfortable and modern. The location is terrific. There is a grocery store next door and some great restaurants within walking distance, but this is not in the touristy part of town. It was perfect. We'd definitely stay there again, if we go back to Sedona. Not sure what the room rates are in peak season, but we felt we got a great value in June.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 11, 2010

Stayed here for two nights with friends when I was in Phoenix on a layover... this is a great boutique hotel where everything was just perfect. From the restaurant to the spa to the pool to the workout room, to the great guest room, everything was great. Only thing was that I had a weird tiled half bath / half shower.... but the showerhead was amazing. This is close to lots of hikes, just be sure to do the red rock loop and then visit tuzigoot and jerome!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends