1,684 results
All reviews reds restaurant small plates free appetizer observation deck red rocks couples massage corner room hotel restaurant huge shower walk in shower onsite restaurant third floor wonderful hotel steam room shower head fire pit coffee pot
Reviewed June 2, 2010

My husband and I really enjoyed our time in Sedona and the staff at Sedona Rouge were very helpful. They lent us a book and gave great directions to local hikes/sites. This was our first visit to the area so we were having a hard time deciding where to stay. The majority of hotels are on main roads to the center of town and so the setting wasn't anything special. Once inside we were quiet and comfortable. Our room was facing the back and consequently no traffic noise was noted. I enjoyed yoga one morning in the spa before heading to the red rocks but each night there was live entertainment in the bar/dining area and it was very entertaining. Seemed like locals enjoyed coming in for the music, dancing and socializing. That was a real plus that we hadn't anticipated.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 28, 2010

My twin sister and I have just returned from our birthday trip from the Grand Canyon, Sedona, AZ area. We had a wonderful time, partly because we choose to stay at the Sedona Rouge Hotel and Spa. After several days of sightseeing, shopping, and hiking at the GC, Oak Creek Canyon, and Sedona area we were ready to finish out our trip at the Rouge. We were not disappointed. From the friendly bell man, to the staff (who treated us kindly and professionally at check in --even if we were covered from head to toe in red dirt from our most recent hike)to the staff both at the hotel and the spa. Thanks goes out to Barbara, Stacy and Carmella and others who made our visit to the spa a successful one. I was looking for professionals who were knowledgeable and yet, not too stuffy or short with us, a place we could relax. Our time and money come the hard way and we really feel like our time was well spent and we got our monies worth. The only negative comment is be sure to ask about the Hotel's debit/ck card policy. We had a little bit of a hick-up over that. Also, I will have to give the adjacent restaurant, Red's a 3 for service, but a 5 for food. Try the Elote Restaurant at the Kings Ransom Hotel it is a fairly small restaurant, but a 5 all the way. Lastly, we looked into staying at the Enchanment Resort, but we did our research and for the money we are very pleased with the Rouge. We picked the "Girlfriend's Getaway" check it out. On our Pink Jeep tour we noticed how far the Enchanment Resort was from the town that we were glad we settled on the Rouge.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank cabinonahill
Reviewed May 17, 2010

Other hotels could take a lesson because someone is training everyone well here. Even at nice hotels, if you travel often, you usually run into at least one crabby hotel staff member, but that was not the case at the Sedona Rouge. Everyone from the hotel desk staff, to the spa personnel, the restaurant servers and bartenders...literally everyone we interfaced with was warm and friendly. They were helpful and made us feel welcome.

We had one of the bigger kings with the red rock view and liked the space. The beds and pillows were very comfortable. We loved the showers and overhead nozzle. We both thought that our masseuses were professional and qualified and the spa staff gracious. We had a nice, fish dinner in the restaurant one night.

Feel I have to call it out, though don't want it to seem like a negative comment, but from the pictures and several descriptions, we had envisioned that we were out of town and on a big piece of property in an intimate location. The location is outside of the traditional downtown area, but is on a main street and sits next to a Safeway strip mall. I felt disappointed when we first drove up....however, we enjoyed our room, the restaurant, the spa and staff...and definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 17, 2010

I loved our visit to the Sedona Rouge and wish we could have stayed longer than 3 nights! The bedding was extremely comfortable and my husband and I were both very pleased with how well we slept and how quiet it was there in our room. We had a small balcony but it had great views of the beautiful red rocks off to the West. One of the best things was the spacious walk-in shower with the large rain shower head; I didn't want to ever get out! The staff was very friendly and courteous, the pool area was very pleasant and clean as was the fitness center and the on-site restaurant, Reds, was absolutely fabulous; we had 4 wonderful meals there and I would highly recommend it as well. The breakfasts, seafood, steaks and banana crepes were delicious!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 17, 2010

My wife and I spent a weekend at the Sedona Rouge for our anniversary. We saved for most of the year to take a nice trip and splurge on our accommodations. We decided on the Sedona Rouge because their prices were competitive to other resorts in the area and they had a spa tub in the room. We always like to patronize local businesses rather than the big chains because we like pulling for under dog, I guess.

The website is well built and fairly easy to navigate (no more difficult than most hotel websites), Only a few pictures were available and mostly of details so we had to to roll the dice a bit as to the accommodations. The man I spoke with to book the reservation was pleasant and did a good job of up-selling me to the Spa Suite rather than the Spa Room, a choice I wasn't disappointed in.
Check in was easy and fast, they offered a bell hop, and congratulated us on our anniversary (the reservation guy asked if we were celebrating anything). We found parking very close to the entry to the spa and made our way up to our room. The halls were sparsely decorated but quiet. We arrived in our room and flopped down on the bed for a nice rest after a long road trip. We were pleasantly surprised by a knock on the door and a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries. A great start to a much needed weekend with no kids or work! (note to management: plastic wrap doesn't scream "resort".
After we settled in we started noticing small details that made us scratch our heads. My wife and I both have our education in architectural and interior design, so we may be the only two who ever notice certain things but they start stacking up pretty quickly when you pay 300 per night for a "resort" suite. It appears that the spa was built later in the life of the Sedona Rouge so its placement was restricted by the the surrounding structures. Thus, the view was of the parking lot of the spa, and the Safeway across the street that was so close, you can see what brand of beer people are walking out of the store with. Besides that, we didn't really notice any excessive noise or light. The furnishings had some thought put into them. My wife has worked on a few large hospitality projects and she says that picking furniture for hotels is difficult. The mix is interesting and felt upscale for the most part.
The floors are bamboo which a good eco friendly flooring but they mixed it with really basic, cheap looking hotel tile. An obvious cost cutting measure. The room was laid out very awkwardly. A large living / tub / office / refrigerator / coffee maker area was central to the suite. The huge blank walls with very little art (the same art throughout the hotel, no doubt) and large open floor space seemed like it could have been designed a bit better. We later thought that the suite was really made up of two Spa rooms that were joined with an opening between them.
The tub was really nice to have and had a programmable key pad that you could set he strength and temperature of the the jets although the key pad could have been positioned in a way that you could actually reach it without having to get out of the tub. Also, the way the TV was positioned, one would have to contend with the faucet while relaxing in the tub. Also, no bubble bath? They did however send up a jar of 12 dollar, herb-smelling "bath salts".
The fridge was broken, but they did have a portable available for us with "free" water. That was nice.
The curtains in the bedroom area didn't close like they were supposed to (overlap) so the morning light found its way in. I'm not saying we're vampires here, but it's nice to be able to sleep in while on a quiet vacation.
The television chords came from the ceiling, which a bit weird also.
The bathroom looks as thought it was supposed to designed entirely different. The toilet area looks like it should have been a walk in shower, so you can imaging there is a lot of wasted space. The vanity was granite, with nice fixtures but the shower was just like every fiberglass motel shower you've ever seen with the same plastic shower curtain. Not what I would expect from a Spa Suite at a "resort".
The mini-split air conditioners oscillated which was nice but they were loud. I also had to jostle the thing in the middle of the night to make it stop rattling. I think they just need a little maintenance.
Overall, our stay was relaxing and pleasurable but it may have been the same at any of the other hotels or resorts.
I realize that small details like the light switch for the closet being behind the door get past most people but this was our experience. I wish someone was that detailed in one of the reviews I read before I booked. I guess those details is why places should hire interior designers not just decorators.

I don't feel swindled, or ripped off. I might try another resort next time, though. Or, maybe just a regular room.

One more thing, we didn't feel really compelled to eat at the restaurant on site. There were no credits or discounts as incentives for us, so we thought we'd try somewhere else. Also the rooftop observation deck, no bar, no telescope, just a roof. Another half-baked idea.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple