Sedona Rouge Hotel and Spa
GreenTree Inn Sedona(Sedona)(Great Value!)
$120
$271
$225
$179
Official Hotel
Best Western Plus Inn of Sedona(Sedona)(Great Value!)
$285
$228
$694
$579
Official Site
Sedona Summit Resort(Sedona)(Great Value!)
$150
$139
Arabella Hotel Sedona(Sedona)(Great Value!)
$179
$125
  • Breakfast included
$614
$585
Preferred Hotels
  • Pool
1,607 results
All reviewsreds restaurantsmall platesfree appetizerobservation deckred rockscorner roomhotel restauranthuge showerwalk in showerthird flooronsite restaurantwonderful hotelfire pitsteam roomshower headsmall balconycoffee pot
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Yes, there was hot cider at check-in on a particularly cold day in December. The staff was okay. The room was okay but since the rooms are exposed via open-air interior courtyard and exterior (mine faced a low-rise shopping center) balcony on either side, the heat and air ran without stopping, alternately blowing hot and cold air directly over the bed. By the second morning, my throat was raw. Weather? Mold in the HVAC? Don't know, but I was miserable and sounded like I'd been on a three-day bender.

I gave Mac's off-season dinner menu a miss (there was no one in the place that evening, another bad sign) but gave breakfast a whirl. The room was sunny; I was greeted by a young woman wearing a hoodie and schlumpy pants who shuffled me to a table. The waiter was more interested in chatting up the open kitchen's cook. The omelette was rubbery and greasy; diced tomatoes inside were cold and the avocado fanned (three slices with brown spots) had seen better days. The toast was from a bag of supermarket/restaurant supply bread. I'd never stay or eat there again.

P.S. The 3rd floor outdoor view deck is next to the slightly shielded, loud kitchen exhaust system.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

A friend and I spent the weekend at the Sedona Rouge and it was comfortable, clean and a good value for the price. The front desk staff were helpful and friendly. Convenient location to shops and other Sedona attractions. No complaints! I would stay there again!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Wasn't too impressed with this hotel after a recent weekend getaway stay. The Hubs and I decided last minute to spend a weekend in Sedona and scoured the internet for a good deal. After looking for several days for a deal, we settled on the Sedona Rouge based on how nice the hotel looked for the price. I did feel the "resort" fee was a bit excessive considering this really isn't a resort. I'm pretty sure they only can call it that since there is a restaurant on site as well as spa facilities, but oh well.

When we arrived we asked for a room with a view of the rocks, but none were available. We were put in a room overlooking the near by houses and it was pretty disappointing (as far as the view is concerned). The "balcony" is a joke. It's basically a window the has a sliding glass door. The room was pretty clean and spacious. The air conditioning unit was very loud and made all sorts of funny sounds. One of our lights didn't work (the one in the hallway). We were disappointed that there wasn't a tub in the bathroom, but I found the shower to be very nice with the rain-type shower head. The extra amenities they provide were also nice and generous.

The location to town is good, only about a five minute drive. Being close to Safeway and other food options is also nice, but it was a bit odd. All in all, I can't say we'll be back. There are a lot of options in Sedona and I'd probably opt to try something different next time. Set your expectations for a Holiday Inn or Courtyard Marriott when arriving at Sedona Rouge.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travelfoodie1018
Reviewed January 23, 2014

This was my second stay, the first was wonderful, nice and peaceful. We love the food at Reds. This time service was terrible, waitress had an attitude and we missed the ambiance we had the last time.

We decided to use the spa for the first time. The spa was really nice! Only issue was we asked for a late check out to accommodate the spa appointments. The spa opens at 10AM, check out is 11AM. They gave an hour but warned we would be charged $55 per hour after. Not very appealing to use the spa when your stressed about the room.

Guess I would suggest skipping the spa or checking out before you use the spa. This left me tense so I kind of wasted my money on the spa. I don't think I will stay here next time or eat at Reds. But the spa was great. Ask for Dina!

Room Tip: Looking at the red rocks
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Very pleasant staff. Upon checking in we were offered the Hot Apple Cider. Very fitting for a chilly afternoon. The restaurant at the hotel called Reds was such a pleasure to be at. Fanastic menu and music by piano. Very relaxing atmosphere and there was no one rushing you out the door. Very clean and cozy room and beautiful view of the mountains! Great location close to the the town. Definitely will return on our next visit!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Cindy C
ed_conwayCornvilleAZ, General Manager at Sedona Rouge Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2014

Dear Cindy,

Thank you for your recent stay with us. I was delighted to hear your feedback.

I hope that you get the opportunity to visit us again very soon.

Warm Regards,