“EV Friendly”

Sedona Rouge Hotel and Spa
Ranked #15 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 3, 2014

At the moment, this is the only hotel that is EV (electric vehicle) friendly in Sedona. I got a full charge on my car while sleeping. Kudos to them for accommodating their customers with a place to plug-in. Both 120v and 240v outlets are available in a designated parking spot. Thanks Sedona Rouge!… you're part of the future, as more EV's hit the road every year.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Sedona Rouge Hotel and Spa

Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I are celebrating our anniversary, the staff are amazing they all made our trip amazing especially the manager. We had the couples massage and it was wonderful today we will get facials can't wait.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 30, 2013

The hotel is Romantic and very clean!! Staff is friendly and very helpful. The Restaurant was delicious us four girls loved everything about this place. We were given a first floor room with a patio facing the pool!!! Loved it!!!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 27, 2013

I will get the only issue I have with this hotel -- and others like it -- out of the way first, namely the slightly misleading representation of what and where this property really is. Yes, it is a hotel and yes it has, according to my wife, a nice spa. However, not knowing Sedona I had envisioned something different based on the description and great photographs on the website.

The image one develops is of a property nestled among the famous red rocks, perhaps in a secluded setting outside of town. Yet this and most of the other hotels in Sedona are downtown, which is actually just three or so sections of shops and restaurants and other local businesses along the four lane highway, Arizona 89A. Indeed, as we approached Sedona Rouge at night, guided by our GPS, I remarked to my wife, "This doesn't seem right. We are right in the middle of town." As we approached, I had the impression we were pulling into a strip mall of some kind. There is a Safeway store next door, across a street.

Maybe I should not make such a big deal of this, but I just don't like being deceived with intentionally vague descriptions and carefully, artfully staged photographs to make me believe I am selecting one thing and getting another. Thus, SR gets 4 green circles instead of 5 (well 4.5 if I could split hairs).

Everything else was fine. Friendly and helpful staff and a lovely room with a bit of a view of the top of one of the mountains outside our balcony, where otherwise we had a view of the pool, the parking lot, the little spa building, which is separate from the main hotel, and that Safeway across the street.

We had only drinks and appetizers in the hotel restaurant, "Reds," but they were quite good. The property is small, as is the pool, but they make the most of it. I would recommend staying here so long as you know exactly where you are landing. (I should have Google-mapped this for the street view, I guess.) I have nothing to compare it to in Sedona, but I would say it was a good value but we had a 3rd-night-free deal with a $50 spa coupon. Upon arrival we got tickets for one free appetizer per night (per couple) and an additional $30 off a massage treatment – quite generous marketing ploys.

So, on the good side of the location is that, once you understand the lay of the land, this is a good central location for local activities. Sedona itself is, however, a tourist trap - albeit a beautiful and high end one. Local restaurants are good. We ate at the Cowboy Club and a couple of other places and were not disappointed. (See other reviews.) So, I think Sedona Rouge is as good as or better than most in this wonderful area of Arizona. Just enter with eyes wide open.

Room Tip: Get one of the suites when they have a promotional deal available.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank le_meridional
Reviewed December 27, 2013

The hotel was in a great location, close to everything and great views. We were there in December and there was snow in the hills which was awesome. Overall the hotel was great with very comfortable rooms with fireplaces. The staff was very helpful and friendly. They really mad you feel welcome at the resort.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 26, 2013

It was perfect for Christmas holiday. Located close to my son's house. Very comfortable room and the food is excellent. Very accommodating in all ways! Surly will return! The staff was outstanding and ready to please with everything from more Q-tips to dinner rolls! Very clean and the bedding is spot on! I had a lovely experience and will return! Car felt very safe in the parking lot as well...well lit and someone on duty always at the front desk.

Room Tip: My room was street side with a fireplace and two large opening windows. Big plus for me to have wi...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Overall, a great hotel in a good location. Unless you are looking to be in a secluded spot, this is one of the better hotels in Sedona.
One odd thing was that I was enjoying taking my lunch up to the roof top deck and dining whilst enjoying the red rock views. One day, to my dismay, they were cooking up some meat in Reds, the restaurant, and the char smoke was coming right out onto the roof deck. I feared that I smelled like steak and was fearful that stray coyotes might attack me, so I stayed I that evening.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo