“Enjoyable Experience, We Will Return!!”

Sedona Rouge Hotel and Spa
Ranked #14 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
GreenLeadersSilver level
Phoenix, Arizona
“Enjoyable Experience, We Will Return!!”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

My friend and I were looking to get out of the Valley for a quick girls' trip. We saw a travel deal that included a spa package at Sedona Rouge. Since the stay was booked through a 3rd party site, when I received my confirmation from the 3rd party, a few details conflicted. I emailed Sedona Rouge directly and received a very timely reply and they confirmed the corrections. We absolutely loved our spa experience! The therapists were well trained and the accommodations were phenomenal. Our check-in and check-out was efficient. The room was well appointed, clean, and comfortable. We stopped in the restaurant for happy hour and enjoyed a great wine special and live music. The staff provided recommendations for area restaurants and arranged transportation. Upon departure, I received and completed a follow-up survey. I was impressed to learn the GM took the time to review my survey and personally responded to my comments. Overall, we thought Sedona Rouge offered good value, an enjoyable experience, and exceptional personalized service. We will definitely return!

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (416)
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We were able to catch a stargazing session that they hold once a month on the observation deck. It was the best such session we have ever been to. "Dr Sky" was entertaining and my kids were simply dazzled. The rooms were nice and the staff were incredibly helpful- even jump started my car within minutes after I left the lights on overnight. Got a spa credit and free breakfast for kids, so the price tag was well worth it.

• Stayed August 2013
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I recently spent my birthday weekend in Sedona. I debated on splurging on a room at Enchantment or L'Auberge before deciding to be more practical and settling on this hotel. The photos are very misleading. As other reviewers have mentioned, you cannot see the red rock from the pool or any part of the hotel that isn't elevated. I paid extra for a "Deluxe King" room with a "red rock view"- the view was mainly of a parking lot and the tip of the rocks at a distance. You get a better view from the motels in downtown Sedona. Also, I work for a hotel and we charge the same $19 resort fee. The only problem is Sedona Rouge ISN'T A RESORT! Since it was so crowded, my partner and I waited and were continuously snaked by other guests cutting ahead of us to use the one small hot tub, which is the only "amenity" I wanted to use on my birthday. The hotel I work at has twice the amount of amenities and when guests aren't satisfied, we waive the fee. Hotels are supposed to be about customer service, right? When I mentioned this to the front desk agent upon checkout he told me "Ummm, the best I can do is give you a ticket for some free breakfast?". What does breakfast have to do with your poor amenities and my inability to even use them? I still ended up paying nearly $300 for one crappy night there. I should have coughed up the extra $50-$100 for a wonderful time at the Enchantment resort, which guarantees magical views and wonderful sevice. This place is not worth your money, plain and simple.

Room Tip: Misleading views from hotel photos- choose a different hotel
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Raf B
ed_conwayCornvilleAZ, General Manager at Sedona Rouge Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Dear Raf,
I appreciate your taking time to write about your experience. I want to look into your reservation but cannot find you in our system so if you would contact me via email econway@sedonarouge.com or phone 928 340 5304 that would help to ensure we correct any photos and descriptions.

Our resort fee includes a number of benefits and I can review them when we connect.

Ed Conway
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We frequently go to Sedona. I am not sure where the photos were taken of used in the advertisement but you cannot see the red rocks from the pool or hotel. Our room faced a wall and was dark and much smaller than what was online. When I asked about it, I was told that we did not have a corner room? Watch for the $19 additional fee over what Expedia or another site charges you. When we checked in, we were not told of the 'extra' things we get for this resort fee (this is not a resoer), Which is a bottle of water, newspaper and coffee (things you get at a holiday inn). The bed was comfortable but for the price, I will stay somewhere else next time.

Room Tip: Watch for extra fees
Green Features: You reuse towels. The plants were not that specific nothing that you don't see around the area. Did not use laundry services or eat organic food. The coffee was not organic.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jamie M
ed_conwayCornvilleAZ, General Manager at Sedona Rouge Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear Jamie,
I am very sorry to read you were disappointed with the stay regarding your room and that we could not provide a corner room. Our resort fee does include daily bottle of water, newspaper, complimentary coffee in the morning inn REDS among other benefits.

I am not sure what site you booked on so if you would call and or email me I would like to look into your reservation.

I look forward to talking with you,

Ed Conway
928 340 5304 direct line
econway@sedonarouge.com
Wickenburg, Arizona
Reviewed August 5, 2013

This was my first visit to Sedona Rouge. Our room was ready when we arrived and we were completely surprised to find a beautiful spa tub in the living room of our suite. I find a hot bath before bed time very relaxing and this tub was a welcome sight. Our room was very nicely appointed, my favorite, the lemon bath soap!

We immediately went to the spa to make appointments for the following day. Brian greeted us and gave us a tour of the beautiful spa facility; quite room with water and tea refreshments, a locker room with showers, steam room (!) and outdoor Jacuzzi. He made our spa appointments and we were off.

We happily attended a yoga class at 8am the following morning, our instructor was Brian! Great class for people at all levels and a perfect way to begin the day. We had breakfast in the dining room that hit the spot before heading off to our spa appointments. I regularly receive spa treatments in my hometown, so I wanted to experience something uniquely Sedona. I selected an Ayurvedic service call Shirodhara. Devine! Heather was my technician and the treatment was bliss! We spent the rest of the morning relaxing in the spa.

Then we decided that we HAD to leave the property and begin to see Sedona. The hotel is perfectly located. Many great restaurants have opened since I last visited, Picasso's to name one; all very near the hotel. We visited sights including sunset from the airport lookout and dusk at Amitabha Stupa. We returned to the hotel in the evening and dined at Reds. Dinner was wonderful and there was a delightful singer in the lounge to put the icing on the cake of the perfect day. Our only wish is that the lounge was open past 10pm. It was really quite busy; all enjoying the music by singing along and even dancing.

And by the way, that spa tub in our suite; amazing!

The next morning we took a short hike to a vortex located very near the hotel. Sadly it was then time to check out. But we took photos of the property to remember. They have a beautiful courtyard for weddings and events with a red rock background. The open air lobby and pool are lovely and always busy with guests. My favorite little corner; I found an herb garden that the chef must use to season his restaurant specialties.

Thanks to the staff of the Rouge for creating a perfect visit to Sedona.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
New York
Reviewed August 3, 2013

My husband and I spent three nights here in late July. The hotel is very pleasant, relaxing and clean and a very short drive from downtown Sedona. Pool area is nice and uncrowded. Our room was very spacious with two bathrooms - a nice treat. My only minor complaint - the very large stall showers in both bathrooms were great, but the one in the smaller bathroom leaked - ie, the water ran right under the shower door onto the floor. So I ended up using the shower in my husband's bathroom - not a big deal at all.

We ate dinner at the restaurant one night and it was excellent. Breakfast was fine too.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Somersmom
Carmel, Indiana
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We stayed in Sedona for one night on our way from Phoenix to the Grand Canyon and we could not have picked a better hotel!!! The room was beautiful, with king-size bed, gas fireplace, and balcony overlooking the mountains...wonderful!!! We also walked to a great little breakfast place across the street in the morning!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the mountains :)
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple