“Second visit in 2013”

Sedona Rouge Hotel and Spa
Ranked #15 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Once again, we were able to spend a night in beautiful Sedona, and picked Sedona Rouge for our one special night. Beautiful room, beds are sooo comfy and the staff is the BEST! Thanks for a delightful stay, we'll be back when we have more time.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Sedona Rouge Hotel and Spa

Reviewed June 4, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a girls weekend getaway. I don't know that I would call it a resort, but the hotel was very nice and every staff member that we encountered (with the exception of the Concierge) was very pleasant and knowledgeable about the questions we asked. We asked the Concierge where she would recommend we have dinner and all she did was pull out a listing of restaurants and circle everything in Uptown Sedona. The spa and roof top deck were both very nice. The rooms were wonderful...the beds were very comfortable and the bathroom was very spacious. We really loved the rain shower head! The only issue with the room was the air conditioner that never turned off. We dined at Reds and the food was great and very reasonably priced.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I have lots of mixed emotions about this resort. First prior to our arrival we had several phone conversations with Robin the Concierge who was amazing to work with! She recommended great restaurants and tours all of which we truly enjoyed - Robin is no longer that the Rouge as she moved out of state (terrible loss for this place!). We had requested a 1st floor court yard room (Not even asking for a mtn view) when they gave us our room it was 2nd floor on the Very busy street this hotel is on facing the parking lot!!!!! When I asked to speak to a manager all I was told is that they were sold out and they had no other rooms to offer - so don't bothering making a request prior to arrival I am not sure it will be honored. The room itself was nice enough, the bath was very large and the bed was very comfortable however the AC makes alot of noise and runs constantly.
They have 1 restaurant RED's that serves as the Bar, coffee shop, restaurant. The staff at Red's are very pleasant and the food is pretty good. We really enjoy ed the small plates (appetizers) with a glass of wine when returning from hiking.
The SPA here is truly wonderful!! It is extremely clean and a very pleasant relaxing experience.
The pool is VERY SMALL - and when we arrived at the pool around 3 pm we were told they were out of towels because it was a busy day at the pool??????? Really - well it wasn't busy then why not try washing them???
We probably would have switched back the the Hilton Resort but since I prepaid the 2 nites here thru Travelocity we were stuck....
Staff at the front desk are pretty inexperienced and not very friendly.

Room Tip: You can request the back of the hotel - mountain view or courtyard. Maybe you'll get it or mayb...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
ed_conwayCornvilleAZ, General Manager at Sedona Rouge Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thanks for taking time to write about your experience. Yes, we wish Robin well on her move to the East Coast.

I would like to look into your reservation. We may have been sold out as May is a very busy month in Sedona and depending on room availability a room on 1st floor may not have been open. Once I know which room you stayed in I can check the AC unit.

I look forward to hearing from you. Direct line at hotel 928 340 5304 or my email econway@sedonarouge.com

Ed Conway

Reviewed May 28, 2013

My husband & I just returned from Sedona last week, The Rouge was beautiful. It was clean & had all the amenities...There is a daily "resort fee" ($20), this fee covers things that are usually free... wifi, newspapers, coffee etc. It was convenient to town & a Safeway! The concierge & front desk were accomodating and helpful....one thing I did not enjoy was the constant loud hum of the air conditioner in our room also the deck was tiny.

1  Thank Kathy B
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We went to Sedona for a weekend away from the heat in Phoenix. The hotel pictures online are accurate but when we got there we felt that it wasn't really represented well. Our complimentary welcome bottle of wine wasn't there so we phoned for it and then they came up with it. The bed was so comfy and the bathroom had a great shower. It was quiet and clean. The food at the Red's Restaurant is fabulous and the "small plates" are delicious. The front desk is small along with the "outdoor" lobby. The staff seem a bit inexperienced. Really it was a nice place but had kind of a casual vibe....that was somewhat "off" We don't think we would stay there again.

1  Thank ajmj1
Reviewed May 26, 2013

This was my second stay at the Rouge and I loved it. It is a little expensive but you get what you pay for. I loved my room and the bathroom, patio area and location. I had made reservations at another hotel not far away but cancelled after the first nights stay and moved to the Rouge where I got the service and style I was looking for.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 22, 2013

This was our first trip to Sedona and had the pleasure of staying at this wonderful hotel & spa. All of the staff members were amazing and took really good care of us. They were so helpful with sights to see and things to do while we were in Sedona. The warm crab and artichoke dip is to die for at Reds that we actually ordered it two nights in a row. The concierge did all they could to make sure our stay was wonderful and memorable.
The spa staff were also amazing. Each and every one of them were kind & professional. There is so much to do just at the spa itself. The amenities were nonstop so make sure you don't miss a thing. Can't wait to make another trip to come and visit you guys in the near future.

Room Tip: The rooms were nice and inviting. Our room was right next to the ice machine and made a little nois...