“A surprising delight”

Sedona Rouge Hotel and Spa
Ranked #16 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I am proud to say (as a local) visitors here on a vacation as well as locals have a wonderful home away from home. I went to a weekend fitness fest here and thanks to the person sponsoring it advised I stay rather than drive the 15miles to home. So thankful I did. The restaurant REDs is delish, the spa well worth what one may think is over priced & the staff very pleasant.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Not as nice as Enchantment but for the price, it is a great higher end stay. Fireplace in room and high ceilings are nice touch. Overhead shower a plus as well. Food was better on site than a lot of the nearby restaurants. Hot cider in the lobby was nice since it snowed while we were there. Fitness room was great. Only complaint is that the pool is kinda small. I had a great experience at the spa as well; lots of treatments I haven't seen at other spas.

Room Tip: Top floor has high ceilings.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank SuzyChapstick30
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Our first, not our last, stay at the Sedona Rouge Hotel & Spa. Had a wonderful Valentine dinner at the hotel's Reds restaurant. Staff and service were excellent. Enjoyed the spa and a relaxing massage. Ice machines were not working, so staff delivered ice bucket directly to our room. Great Service! Plan to return in warmer weather to take advantage of the beautiful view from the roof top lounge.

Room Tip: We had an upstairs room with vaulted ceilings and a wonderful fireplace, which I highly recommend...
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I’ve travelled around the world and been to many places that bill themselves as "spas." Among the things they have in common are luxuriously appointed rooms, quality bath amenities (fine shampoos, soaps, etc), great views, and a staff that bends over backwards. The rooms at the Sedona Rouge Spa are about the level of a Courtyard, though its location next to a Safeway on the main road, does put it near a Starbuck’s. That is a plus, though the location is...well, next to a Supermarket.

But it is the staff and the deceptive billing practice that left a bad taste. I bid for a 3-star room on Priceline and Sedona Rouge came up. When I arrived, they took an imprint of my credit card for incidentals. A month later, a $20/day charge (about 15% of my bill) shows up on my card for some kind of general resort fee. No such fee was mentioned when they took my card, nor was this fee for any particular service. Basically, this was a “gotcha,” a sneaky way to squeeze a few extra bucks out of guests.

When I phoned, the clerk repeated, almost by rote -- it was obvious that I was not the first to be upset by this add-on -- that this fee was stated on the Priceline agreement and on the check-in forms. Maybe it was--in small print or in a general sense, as in "other fees may apply"). I was was not surprised that the clerks took my number and the manager never returned my calls.

I would suggest you 1) avoid this place on Priceline--the rate was the same as the hotel's "special" rate 2) find a place in Sedona that gives you a better taste of this special town.

Room Tip: try not to face the main highway
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank syncomm1
ed_conwayCornvilleAZ, General Manager at Sedona Rouge Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Dear Guest,
I would welcome a call to discuss this, my direct line is 928 340 5304.

I just checked our listiing on Priceline and confirmed our resort fee is noted under Important Information
• Mandatory Fee: This hotel charges an additional $18.00 per room per night. This fee will be charged to you directly by the hotel. Mandatory fees are not optional and typically cover items such as resort fees, energy charges or safe fees. The amount of the charge is subject to change.

Here are our benefits:

• Preferred guest fee for Morning Yoga class
• Preferred Golf Green Fee at Seven Canyons

*Limit of 2 kids per room

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Sedona Rouge has got to be one of the best places to stay in Sedona, the staff is awesome from the check in process to check out. I have made this my hotel of choice in Sedona and would recommend it to anyone. Also you won't have to go far for great cuisine, Red's restaurant is right at the hotel and the food is excellent. This wasn't my first time here and will continue to go back.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We lovd our two day stay to tour the Sedona area. We also travelled with a dog and the hotel selected a first floor room with a semi private courtyard and lawn. Perfect for us and the dog. Te hotel is very quiet, oasis like, and while it was too cool and snow covered the chairs, the roof top lounge has a spectacular view. The Restaurant Reds also warrants four stars. The hotel is near everything. It feels like you are in the middle of the red rocks

Reviewed February 18, 2013

We just spent a two night weekend here and enjoyed it thoroughly. The 90 min couples massage we had was great. Reds restaurant food & service was excellent and nice that it was onsite. Also enjoyed the outdoor jacuzzi and the rooftop lounge area was great to see the beautiful sunset among the red rock scenery. We plan on returning.