“romantic and cozy”

Ranked #14 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
GreenLeadersSilver level
“romantic and cozy”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We stayed in a beautiful room with a fireplace and high ceilings. We had great view. The hotel is very clean and the shower is divine.

Daniel in charge of special events and weddings was amazing to work with.

Reds within the hotel served great food and the service was amazing (Claudia was our waitress).

Thank you for an amazing time.

Room Tip: Ask for the fireplace room with a view!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (416)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I must say after reading the rave reviews here I was quite disappointed with the Sedona Rouge. First off, the location was not ideal for me. It is right on the main highway through town, making it hard to feel like we were close to nature. While there was nothing wrong with the room or service we received, it just failed to meet my expectations of a hotel/spa advertised as it is. For instance, the star-gazing deck advertised on their website was a huge letdown. No one was staffing the bar area on the two occasions we went up, the fire pits were not lit, and the light pollution from nearby businesses made it very hard to appreciate the stars. Come here and enjoy as long as keep your expectations in check.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jamkat39
Santa Barbara, CA
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I'll stay here again without hesitation. Had a great time, all amenities were wonderful and I was quite comfortable in my room. Great value and location too. Close enough to all you need. Their restaurant, Red's, had great small plates and jazz every night. All around, very pleased with my choice.

Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I spent a few nights here and really enjoyed the amenities. We were new to the area and the staff went out of their way to help. Robin at the concierge desk was so excited about helping any way she could. Beds were comfortable,
In room coffee with coffee available at Reds, the restaurant in the hotel. Our room was ground level and we had a little seating area outside the sliding door. The water feature ( pictured ) was a great place to drink coffee in the morning. We had to check out Sunday but booked a massage at the adjoining spa and were able to use those facilities and the pool all day.

Galloway, New Jersey
Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

I was so disappointed in this hotel. It was the last place we stayed at during our vacation. We went to the spa to book a session but we were told that there was a bridal party and bachelorette party. She looked at the schedule and told me that she was not able to book a 30 minutes facial during a 60 minutes session opening. Okay skipped that and had a cup of coffee down the road. Person there recommended Namti Spa so we looked into that so we called and booked a two hour facial and massage for $110. Amazing! Best part, drum roll, it was directly next door. People there were accommodating and the place was simple. We went back to use the in room tub but when we went to use it, it was sooooo dirty. We did use the pool the next morning and it was okay.

Bedding was okay. I may have been spoiled with Garlands Oak Creek Lodge. Make sure you check out New Frontier market to get any snacks for hiking!

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Karen M
ed_conwayCornvilleAZ, General Manager at Sedona Rouge Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
Dear Karen,
I am very sorry we did not meet your expectations.
Please give me a call 928 203 4111 and or email econway@sedonarouge.com
I would like to check on your experience and need to confirm you dates of stay.

Ed Conway
miami
Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

Even though the location is on a main highway you would not know it. It's also away from the center of town. We stayed in the Alhambra suite which was awesome. Has a fireplace, 2 master baths & nice views from 2 terraces. Enjoy.

Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
Reviewed November 19, 2012

The Spa services were second to none. My wife and I had two 60 minute and two 90 minute treatments that were first class. From two different massages to facials and one treatment, of which I can not even remember the name, we felt pampered and more relaxed than we have been at other Spa's. We had a room in the spa building and loved the fact that we could just walk down the stairs in our robe and enjoy the entire spa.

Yes it is not nestled in the canyons as Enchantment or as plush as Le'Auberge, but the Spa treatments make up for all of that.

As for making up, did I mention Reds amazing food at an unbelievable price. We had breakfast, lunch and dinner at Reds at different times during our 3 day stay and were never disappointed, actually we were just amazed how Reds can put forth such quality, superb flavors and great wine at such an amazing price. Highly recommend it to anyone. Did I mention the good pours....at the bar?

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the Spa building. Best rooms and furthest away from the road. We had 256 and loved...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple