“Sedona Rouge Hotel and Spa - Awesome!”

Sedona Rouge Hotel and Spa
Ranked #14 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
GreenLeadersSilver level
San Diego
“Sedona Rouge Hotel and Spa - Awesome!”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Just returned from a 3 night stay at the Sedona Rouge and I wanted to write a review. We (me, my wife and my two year old daughter) stayed in room 103 and the whole stay was near perfect. The front desk staff including Steven, Kelsea (also booked out Pink Jeep Tour with a 10% discount), Michael and the manager Erick were so nice and acommodating. There were others that helped ensure our stay was relaxing and our needs were met too but I would be remissed if I didnt mention Robin the concierge. She knows so much about the area, the activities, the restaurants but is not pushy or assuming at all. She just wants you to enjoy the area at your own pace but shows genuine interest in what you are doing.

Here is my review of the hotel in terms of the grounds, the rooms, the restaurant

Grounds - very peaceful, no noise from 89A, beatiful fountain in the courtyard, nice/clean pool and jacuzzi, nice view from 3rd floor observation deck

Room - we were in a room that had a smalll/private patio that opened up onto the pool area. It was room 103, two queen beds, bathtub, flatscreen tv - super cozy and they kept it clean

Reds Restaurant - nice atmosphere attentive staff including Cindy, Melanie and Paula and great food actually. We received a coupon for our daughter's free breakfast every day and we even got a voucher for a free "small plate" every day we were there. The food is actually really good and the atmosphere is nice

Spa - my wife used our spa credit that was included in the midweek package towards a 60-minute deep tissue massage. She loved the facility (sauna, steam bath) and massage.

It was a great price for a really nice place away from the hustle and bustle of the town. Don't miss out on Sedona Rouge

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (420)
Reading, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We just got back from our trip to Sedona and our stay at the Sedona Rouge. What a great time. We were celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary. When we returned to the hotel after going out for a while on our first day there was a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries in our room. What a nice surprise. The staff were all great. Every night there was entertainment in Reds bar/restaurant. The concierge was very helpful. The room we stayed in was excellent. Can't say enough about this hotel. Great experience. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
the Carolinas
Reviewed October 6, 2012

My husband, my five year old and I stayed at the Sedona Rouge around the middle of April 2012. Even before arriving at the resort, the concierge was so incredibly patient and helpful in getting our trip worked out (and we had to reschedule twice!). Sedona Rouge has customer service down pat. Everyone is eager to lend assistance and you are always greeted warmly throughout the resort. SR was immaculate and the environment is very serene and quiet. The fact that there is a shopping center (with starbucks, hello!) did not negate the relaxing atmosphere whatsoever. We stayed in a top floor sweet with view of the red rocks, and enjoyed the lovely view. The food at RED's was very, very good and well prepared. Again excellent service here. Bar staff are friendly and welcoming. As far as the spa, the ayurdervic specialist was very good. I wish the pool was a bit bigger and that the spa facilities were better (especially for the $$!) the services also could be improved, B- here. Overall, we came away feeling incredibly relaxed and had a really, really great time in Sedona. Sedan Rouge is actually a good value for the money. I would definitely stay at Sedona Rouge again and would recommend the resort to anyone trying to decide on accommodation, but who can't spring for 5 star spa resorts in the area.

Room Tip: Stay by the meditation garden and you'll be at the opposite end of where the supermarket is loca...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank ACarolinaGirl26
Sedona
Reviewed October 4, 2012

The spa has a friendly staff, huge variety of treatments and will customize to what you want. Very clean, professional and well managed. The change room was very clean and has a steam room and outside hot tub. Very relaxing atmosphere.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Mercer Island, Washington
Reviewed October 1, 2012

This is a very nice hotel. On first notice I wasn't impressed but turned out the room was quiet, nicely decorated, very clean and comfortable. The pool was a nice size, the food in the restaurant was tasty and the spa and services very nice. The other two ladies I was traveling with all agreed. Also, it was just barely out of town so wasn't caught up in the touristy atmosphere of Sedona.
The bummer, as others have noted in their reviews, was the 'resort' fee. This hotel is not a resort so why the fee? i was just reading in the NY Times how this is the latest fee hotels are tacking on at the last minute to gouge their customers. I'll know to ask next time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Goodyear, Arizona, United States
Reviewed October 1, 2012

This is my first post to tripadvisor, I check the site all the time but Sedona Rouge was such a great experience, I had to finally post a review. My husband and I were looking for some place in Sedona to stay during the holidays for a few days. We had stayed at some of the much bigger resorts in Sedona before but because of the season, they were all SO over-the-top expensive. My husband started looking for a new place, my only demands that I wanted met were I wanted a spa, an on-site restaurant and bar, a fireplace and a nice bathroom. The Sedona Rouge met them all! Our room was modestly priced, extremely comfortable, had a fireplace, an enormous rain shower with excellent, locally made toiletries, we got a couple's massage in a suite at their spa and we ate dinner every night at their restaurant and made friends with the bartender. The front desk helped direct me to the place in town where their toiletries were made so that I could take some naturally made shampoo home with me. I loved my time there and want so badly to encourage anyone looking for a fabulous time in Sedona to check out the Sedona Rouge!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the red rocks or the garden and ask for one with a fireplace!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Omaha, NE
Reviewed September 28, 2012

No great views. The hotel was just average in ambiance. The room was not very large and was quite dark. The restaurant was good! I did not think it was a very good value and I would try L'Auberge next time ($50 more a night) or really splurge and go to Enchantment - we visited and it was AMAZING! But it is pretty far removed from everything else.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple