Matterhorn Inn(Sedona)(Great Value!)
$169
Sky Ranch Lodge(Sedona)(Great Value!)
$175
  • Breakfast included
Junipine Resort(Sedona)(Great Value!)
$226
  • Restaurant
Arabella Hotel Sedona(Sedona)(Great Value!)
$206
  • Breakfast included
Ridge on Sedona Golf Resort(Sedona)(Great Value!)
$299
  • Pool
Sedona Summit Resort(Sedona)(Great Value!)
$299
1,654 results
All reviewsreds restaurantsmall platesfree appetizerobservation deckred rockscouples massagecorner roomhotel restauranthuge showerwalk in showeronsite restaurantthird floorwonderful hotelsteam roomshower headfire pitcoffee pot
Reviewed September 10, 2012

First, realize that this location is west of the walking areas of the cutesy part of Sedona, so you will have to drive there. Parking is free and there is plenty of it. Two or three street entrances are available, so if you miss one, you can just use the other one. The entrance looks nonassuming, and does not have a big sign, so it was easy to almost miss it.

Checkin was a little bit confusing as I had extended my reservation from just Saturday night to both Friday and Saturday nights and the front desk didn't seem to understand my reservation. They actually had trouble finding either reservation. They were nice about it, but just a bit clueless and since I got in around 8pm, they didn't bother to tell me about the $5 tapas nor give me the coupons for the free glass of wine and free tapas, until I asked about it all.

The restaurant, well, that's another story, depending on when you eat there. I have already written a different review on that. Service at the bar was hit or miss depending on the mood of the bartender, definitely not a 4-5 star experience. The live music was nice in the bar, but the restaurant closed early almost every night, by 8pm on weeknights and 9pm on Friday and Saturday nights.

The room was small, but the view outside the faux-balcony was pretty. The furnishings were really nice and the in-room fridge was great for cold water. The housekeeping was so sweet and they gave me lots of extra water and lotion for my dry skin after I gave a $2-3 tip. The bed was very comfortable and the linens were clean, crisp and soft. The lighting and room color was great, but I didn't spend much time in the room except to sleep. The room dark curtains were awesome though, as the sun rose very early and I was happy to sleep at least till 8am! No kiva fireplace in my room and my room was fairly affordable on a bargain discount website. It's just that this is not a 4-5 star place, but a 3-4 star place. They brag about how amazing they are, but it was just average. The only really amazing thing was the 2-headed shower and the huge shower stall. No bathtub for relaxing though.

The pool was pretty and the hot tub nice, but pool is small and the lounge area around the pool is limited as well. If everyone from the hotel came down to the pool area, it would not be functional. There was some sort of pool side service and I had a soda and water while lounging about the pool area. I did not use the spa services, but they do allow 1 hour in the spa and pool area after a service to shower and relax if you have a service on they day of checkout.

The hotel layout was pretty though with a central open courtyard and hallways of the upstairs open to this courtyard as well. And, although my room was near the ice machine, I don't think I ever heard it. I did hear a little bit of neighbor noise, but nothing excessive.

In the end, the price I paid was fine, but it just wasn't the 5 star experience they sold me.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank lasfloras
ed_conwayCornvilleAZ, General Manager at Sedona Rouge Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

Dear Guest,
I appreciate your taking time to note your thoughts and comments.

I would like to look into your stay with us and if you would call or email me that would be great.

Ed Conway
928 340 5304
econway@sedonarouge.com

Reviewed September 7, 2012

The view was horrible. Our room overlooked the parking lot. The observation deck was just as bad, i.e. McDonolds and Safeway nearby. The room was above average. If I was staying here longer than one night, I would have been depressed with the location. The cost was in-line with other hotel options. My advice is to spend a little more $, and go to a hotel that's in a better location

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,
I appreciate your taking time to note your thoughts and comments.

Ed Conway
928 340 5304
econway@sedonarouge.com

Reviewed September 6, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights in August. This is the second time we have stayed here and I cannot imagine staying anywhere else. I love that it is a smaller hotel and more personable. The rooms are beautiful and the showers are huge. All of the staff were very friendly and accommodating. The restaurant Reds is very good and reasonably priced. It was wonderful to sit out at the pool and order drinks and food from Reds and not be charged an arm and a leg. Some hotels can really jack up the prices on poolside drinks and food. The spa is also wonderful with a very relaxing atmosphere and professional staff. If you are looking to really relax in Sedona and want a smaller, more intimate hotel, this is the place for you.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Excellent hotel. Very reasonably priced although you have to pay an $18/day resort fee (Expedia does not tell you about this). The lobby is inviting. You can sit outside of your room and there are chairs, table, and a waterfall. The room is immaculate and I have never seen a shower like theirs. The shower is behind a glass door and the bathtub is next to it. You just stand on the floor and take your shower. You have a private patio that is enclosed. The pool is very nice and it is great to star gaze there at night. You can also go to the roof terrace to star gaze and there are tables and chairs as well. It is a great location and you can see the mountains. Also there is a Safeway next door but its proximity it does not take anything away from the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank MNJohnson
Reviewed September 1, 2012

When looking at places to take my daughter for some fun and relaxation, my initial thought was there isn't much to The Rouge. I was pleased to find I was wrong. I booked the girlfriends getaway and it was so much fun. We had a wonderful experience at The Spa; the staff is more than helpful and the grounds are peaceful, quiet and beautiful. We never heard another guest while in our room which was a pleasant surprise! The Red Restaurant has attentive staff and good food! I highly recommend The Rouge!

Room Tip: I didn't choose my room but I would say upstairs!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family