“Reminded me of a supper club in L. A. in the 60's - great place”

Judi's Restaurant & Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Judi's Restaurant & Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #53 of 199 Restaurants in Sedona
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 11, 2009

We went to Judi's on the recommendation of a person at the visitors center. We had a great meal that was served by an attentive staff. We went with the recommendations of our server and she was right on the money, A lamb shank that was perfectly cooked and pork piccata that was tender and flavorful. We hand a bread pudding and home made ice cream for dessert. A wonderful meal!

Reviewed December 7, 2008

We have lived in Sedona for five years, but this was our first visit to Judi's. Not many locals had recommeded the place to us over the years and so we had not been before. The only reason we tried Judi's this night is because our favorite place was closed for renovations and we had a 10% off coupon.

The place:
The restaurant is quaint and the wait staff polite, but not very helpful when it came to making minor menu substitutions.

There were not many people in the place when we went. Maybe four other tables were occupied. We were offered a table by the fireplace.

We were immediately given a basket of bread which is a nice touch. The table also had cloth covers--another nice touch.

The menu:

The menu is lacking for those who are looking for a vegetarian meal. About the only vegetarian offering is an $18.95 pasta dish.

Most restaurants that offer burgers have a veggie patty on hand. I asked for a veggie burger -- no such luck. When I asked for a regular burger without meat (substitute cheese), I was told "no." How hard would that have been to make?

I wound up ordering the fish and chips. BIG mistake. The cod tasted like something from the super market frozen food aisle. I have had better at Long John Silver's for half the price. This dish was $13.95 and it was absolutely tasteless. Even the waffle fries were cold and dry.

My companion ordered a regular burger. His response? Go to Burger King across the street.

Will we return? Not a chance.

1  Thank InKleined2Blue
Reviewed November 14, 2008

My husband and I have gone to Sedona for about a week and a half over Thankgiving every year for the passed eight years. Judi's was a great find on our first trip. We have had Thankgiving dinner at Judi's every year. We also dine at Judi's about three times while we are in Sedona. We have never been disappointed.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed April 29, 2008

Everything is homemade. The prices reflect what you would expect in a touristy town, but lunch is more affordable. Their soups are delicious. Call ahead for reservations since it is very popular. On a warmer day you can enjoy seating outside but with no special views. Service is good except when being seated at lunch. The wait staff seat you and you may have to wait for one of them to notice you. Dinner seems to have a hostess. The menu has something for everyone and the food is very good. Would recommend as a stop for any local or tourist.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed October 15, 2007

Prompt service, assorted bread basket as we waited for the meal (all the bread was good) No waiting since they are not visible to tourists, I thought, but after we started eating the restaurant filled up. We sat outside by candlelight. Both my meal and my spouses meal were excellent, and we never had to wait long for anything, so the review prior to this one surprised me. I'd definitely go back based upon my own experience.

1  Thank suzigirl