“Very nice restaurant. Charging for cheese on salad is beyond cheap.”
Review of Cucina Rustica

Cucina Rustica
Reserve with OpenTable
Cucina Rustica is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 203 Restaurants in Sedona
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Description: In the lovely village of Oak Creek, Sedona you'll find a gem...The doorway to the imagination awaits you here. Old World decor with hand-crafted antique doors and ornate iron gates from around the world, draw you in then transport you back in time. The restaurant wraps its arms around you and settles you into a dining experience that many foodies seek out, but rarely find. The restaurant has won numerous awards of excellence for food and service, as well as Wine Spectator Award of Excellence for 12 consecutive years. You will see Chef Lisa Dahl almost every evening visiting with guests, signing her award-winning cookbook, and in the kitchen paying close attention to every detail to ensure you'll have the most enjoyable dining experience. Happy Hour: Sunday-Thursday 4:00-6:00 PM.
Reviewed June 3, 2010

We went here our first night. We made reservations and unfortunately got a table inside. Should have specified outside because the patio was really nice. The decor is very nice inside as well though.

All of teh food we had was excellent from appetizer to sald to entree to dessert. No complaints there.

I have one minor complaint. The entrees come with a "free salad." Our waiter asked if we wanted gorgonzola on it and we said yes. The bill comes and we get charged $2 each for cheese. I thought that was pretty crappy for a restaurant of this quality to be nickel and diming on stuff like that (especially without warning). You lose a star for that.

3  Thank eschule
Write a ReviewReviews (2,505)

Reviewed May 24, 2010

My husband and I went here after having such a fabulous night at Dahl & DiLuca (since they're owned by the same people), and I was VERY disappointed!! We went on a busy Saturday night without reservations, and they put us in a very tight hallway right next to the bar and where the servers & cleaning staff go in and out. We almost got clocked in the head a coulple times with oversized trays, we were bumped into by guests walking by, and our waiter had to move several times due to traffic when he was trying to give us attention. It was SO NOT WORTH it! Plus they made a mistake on my husband's dish, so while they fixed that apparently they let mine sit and it was cold when it came to me. Chicken parm that's cold is just not appetizing! I wouldn't recommend this restaurant on a very busy night when you don't have reservations. Otherwise, what's the point of going if you're really looking for ambiance and romance? I was heartily disappointed!

2  Thank alwaystraveling_21
Reviewed May 21, 2010

This restaurant is lavishly decorated to let you escape the Arizona red rocks and dine in Italian pleasure. A slight drive from Sedona, it was the best Italian food I have ever eaten in a restaurant. Give it a try for a guaranteed satisfactory meal and nice change of pace from the outdoors of Sedona.

Reviewed May 17, 2010

My son and i went in, we were walking looking for something in the area we stayed at the Sedona Village Lodge, was a short walk, about 25 mins each way. quite elegant restaurant, yet friendly and the waitress are quite helpful and aim to please.

Reviewed May 10, 2010

When we drove up to the restaurant we were surprised to see such an inviting patio. Torches surrounded the perimeter and we were seated in front of the outdoor fireplace. The ambience and food were fantastic!

Been to Cucina Rustica? Share your experiences!