“Beautiful Dining Experience”
Review of Cucina Rustica

Cucina Rustica
Reserve with OpenTable
Cucina Rustica is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 195 Restaurants in Sedona
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Description: In the lovely village of Oak Creek, Sedona you'll find a gem...The doorway to the imagination awaits you here. Old World decor with hand-crafted antique doors and ornate iron gates from around the world, draw you in then transport you back in time. The restaurant wraps its arms around you and settles you into a dining experience that many foodies seek out, but rarely find. The restaurant has won numerous awards of excellence for food and service, as well as Wine Spectator Award of Excellence for 10 consecutive years. You will see Chef Lisa Dahl almost every evening visiting with guests, signing her award-winning cookbook, and in the kitchen paying close attention to every detail to ensure you'll have the most enjoyable dining experience. Happy Hour: Sunday-Thursday 4:30-6PM.
“Beautiful Dining Experience”
Reviewed May 22, 2006

My husband took me to Sedona for my birthday in February 2006....
We had a wonderful dining experience at Cucina Rustica, in the Magellan Room. A Must!
Ambiance.....Very romantic....Excellent service...Food was Delicious!!!!!!!!
We had the pleasure of meeting one of the owners/Chef Lisa!
Beautiful, smart and just a joy! Can't wait to go back.
Great Happy Hour too!
Go check it out!
Also, make sure you go into their Gourmet store in the same plaza!
Dahl & Deluca their other restaurant is excellent as well.We dined their the night before....

8 Thank jrkath91

• Korean first
Los Angeles, CA
“Very nice.”
Reviewed April 23, 2006

The location is nothing special, but the patio is very pleasant and the food and service are excellent. The restaurant is a short drive from Sedona, but definitely worth it.

2 Thank LAVERNEJOE
Nashville, TN
“Above expectations!!”
Reviewed March 27, 2006

My husband and I and our kids checked were staying at the Hilton Resort, and we asked the concierge for a suggestion for dinner. We were happy to have something close by. My husband called for a reservation and was able to get one for thirty minutes later. We were skeptical given the ease with which we were able to get in, but we were pleasantly surprised with everything about Cucina Rustica! Our server was wonderful about working with our kids. The menu was a little more sophisticated than either of them were looking for, but the kids menu is not quite enough for a growing boy. They made adult portions of the choices on the kids' menu for them. However, after trying the veal and the scallop pasta off of our plates I think they'll be ordering off the adult menu next time!

2 Thank NashvilleDaisy
Los Angeles
“Two Visits”
Reviewed March 24, 2006

My wife and I went to dinner here in December to check things out. "Mary" (hostest) was a little "chilly" with us. Someone wrote earlier that she needed customer service training and, in my opinion, she still does.

The December meal was excellent, along with the table service.

In February I had a group dinner here (16 people at $100 per or so).

There was a lot of back and forth prior to, setting up the menu and so forth. At one point Mary called us asking for another credit card for the deposit. Then she called again, saying there was a problem with that card, requesting yet a third card.

(All of these cards have high limits and no balances).

I knew something was wrong, and it seems that the credit card machine at the restaurant was on the fritz yet it never dawned on Mary that it could be their problem!

The night of the dinner, all went way beyond expectations. Outstanding in every sense of the word.

When I left I said goodbye to Mary. She was most gracious.

Okay, so I think that Mary might be a bit overwhelmed at her job, so I will cut her some slack. Also, when I left, I noticed she was eating her dinner. She should probably eat before she starts work, not after.

Would I go back, yes. No doubt. And, I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who wants a great meal. But I would caution them about dealing with Mary.

1 Thank CSBSC
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great food, but Mary . . .”
Reviewed November 14, 2005

My wife and I celebrated our 15th anniversary here on
November 12. We had made a reservation and called the
day of to see if we could move it back 30 minutes. We
were told, no problem. We arrived sharply at 7:45 p.m. and were then asked our name. We told Mary (the hostess ) our name and reservation time, and the fact that we had moved it back 30 minutes. Mary said that we maybe were at the wrong restaurant and said we didn't have a reservation there. Mary acted as if she was annoyed, and mentioned that she was the only one that answered the phone, and no one called her that afternoon to change the time. At that time, Kim came up and asked us what was going on, we explained, and she said, "OH, I remember your call. Yes, you're right here and pointed out to Mary our reservation. She seated us and
apoligized indirectly for the Mary and the mishap, which was classy considering it was Mary who should have said, "Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't see you here."
Bottom line: GREAT food, GREAT service by our waiter Rick and great bartenders, especially Dennis. A great evening thanks to Kim. Mary needs customer service training, especially being a hostess.

6 Thank JKMinny22

Been to Cucina Rustica? Share your experiences!