“A wonderful birthday experience!”
Review of Cucina Rustica

Cucina Rustica
Reserve with OpenTable
Cucina Rustica is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 198 Restaurants in Sedona
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Description: In the lovely village of Oak Creek, Sedona you'll find a gem...The doorway to the imagination awaits you here. Old World decor with hand-crafted antique doors and ornate iron gates from around the world, draw you in then transport you back in time. The restaurant wraps its arms around you and settles you into a dining experience that many foodies seek out, but rarely find. The restaurant has won numerous awards of excellence for food and service, as well as Wine Spectator Award of Excellence for 10 consecutive years. You will see Chef Lisa Dahl almost every evening visiting with guests, signing her award-winning cookbook, and in the kitchen paying close attention to every detail to ensure you'll have the most enjoyable dining experience. Happy Hour: Sunday-Thursday 4:30-6PM.
San Tan Valley, Arizona
“A wonderful birthday experience!”
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

When we asked our innkeeper at the B&B where to go for a special birthday dinner for a party of four, he instantly recommended making reservations at Cucina Rustica- on the patio watching the sunset.

It was the best decision!

I am sad I cannot recall our server's name but she did a wonderful job. Rose petals were sprinkled on the table for the birthday girl and tiramisu with a candle topped off the entire evening!

The ambiance on the patio was so relaxing and intimate which was only made better by the incredible guitarist/singer softly playing in the background! He played everything from Hendrix, The Eagles and Clapton. Our only regret is we did not buy one of his CDs! If anyone at Cucina Rustica can help with that-let us know!

The outdoor lightning that softly comes on as the sun sets and the gas fire pots provide nice lighting as the stars popped out!

The food was delicious and we all shared tastes! From the bruschetta to the carpaccio to the veal piccata and eggplant parmigiana- everyone was loving it all! The chef was trying a new corn casserole side dish- keep making it! We all wish we had a slice on our plate!
We finished off the night with espressos and creme brûlée with a even a slice of cheesecake to go!
Would highly recommend to anyone looking for a completely wonderful Sedona dinner! We will definitely return!

Visited June 2014
John X, Guest Relations Manager at Cucina Rustica, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Hi SuzeD16--

Happy Belated Birthday! I am so glad that you decided to spend it with us and that you had such a good time. The patio at Cucina Rustica is pretty magical right now and I eat out there every chance I get, too. If you want a CD from our singer please call the restaurant at +1 (928) 284-3010 or send us an email at info@cucinarustica.com and we can arrange for you to purchase a CD. Thanks for the great review and I am so happy that your evening was memorable.

• Korean first
Flagstaff, Arizona
“Great Experience”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

We went there the day after our wedding for a quick little get away and had a great experience. Amrita was our waitress and we told her that we just got married and she got us an amazing free dessert and put roses all over our table. We talked about where we were going on our honeymoon, Greece and Italy, and she shared stories about different wines in the region, places to visit, and things to do. She also took a bunch of pictures of us without any complaints.

We will definitely go back again

• Visited June 2014
John X, Guest Relations Manager at Cucina Rustica, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Hi matt v--

Congratulations on your wedding and we wish you so much happiness in the future. Your honeymoon plans sound pretty special, too. I am so glad that you had such a great time at our restaurant and that Amrita was so helpful in giving you some tips for your trip. Amrita has been at our restaurant since it opened and has become one of our valued employees and I am glad that the knowledge she has gained was shared with you. Nothing makes us happier than to hear such a nice review. Thanks for writing it.
Virginia
“Repeat customer”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

We've dined at Cucina Rustica several times; in fact, we always carve out time to have at least one meal here when visiting Sedona, and we have thoroughly enjoyed each and every dining experience. The food has always been deliciously prepared and presented and the patio ambiance makes for lovely al fresco dining. Highly recommend!

• Visited June 2014
johnxander, Guest Relations Manager at Cucina Rustica, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Nothing makes us happier than to hear from our repeat customers especially when they are so happy with our restaurants. Thanks so much for the kind review and I hope you enjoy our restaurant many more times in the future. The outdoor patio is such a great place to eat and I find myself out there eating as often as I can. See you soon!
Bryan, Ohio, United States
“Rude”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Here's my email I sent to the restaurant. We were treated in a rude way after making the choice not to order alcohol.

To whom it may concern:
My husband and I were really looking forward to eating here. We scheduled an 8:00 reservation on 6/30 and were seated in your beautiful outdoor courtyard. The waitress was a dark haired woman, but she never introduced herself. She was polite, friendly, and engaging when describing your specials and cocktails of the night. When we went to order we did not select any of those specials, cocktails, or any drinks. Her tone instantly changed. I can only assume because that meant that her tip would be less because alcohol would not be factored into the bill. She changed her frequency of coming to the table, spoke from a distance rather than right at the table, and was not personable. There was no change in the amount of people she was serving...perhaps a change of one table.

I find this really disappointing. My husband and I were dressed up because we knew the restaurant was a "nicer" restaurant. We were polite and kind. Our decision to not order alcohol could be based on anything: a long day, a sickness, a disorder, religious reasons,etc. Whatever that decision is I expect to be respected and treated just as kindly as the table with 4 glasses of wine. This waitress changed her demeanor from our table to the alcohol tables, did not ask if we wanted dessert (we did), and rushed us out without so much as a kind goodbye or well wish. What a bitter taste that left in my mouth. My feelings are hurt. I am a visitor to your area, on my honeymoon, and wanting to have wonderful memories. You ruined a night in those memories.

I expect an apology. I expect you to speak to your staff. With or without alcohol orders, we deserve respect. This email will be copied to my review on trip advisor.

1 Thank Marjory R
johnxander, Public Relations Manager at Cucina Rustica, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear Marjory--

I want to express our sincere apologies for your treatment at our restaurant last night. Our General Manager sent you an email this morning also expressing our apologies. We try always to give our guests a wonderful experience in our restaurants. I happened to be having dinner last night at the same time you were there and I only wish that I could have been aware of the service issues and had been able to address them at the time. It was such a beautiful evening out on the patio to have it spoiled. I hope the rest of your stay in Sedona was wonderful and you enjoyed the beautiful country that you visited.
Valrico, Florida
“FANTASTIC!”
Reviewed June 27, 2014

One of the best (if not THE best) dining atmospheres in Sedona. A reservation here will take one to a fantastic Italian dining experience. Lisa Dahl created a masterpiece in the Village of Oak Creek. We have an anniversary coming up shortly. Yes, we will spend part of the evening at Cucina Rustica.

• Visited January 2014
Hi Richard--

Thanks for the wonderful compliments and Happy upcoming Anniversary. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Been to Cucina Rustica? Share your experiences!