“Well done Italian”
Review of Cucina Rustica

Cucina Rustica
Reserve with OpenTable
Cucina Rustica is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 199 Restaurants in Sedona
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Description: In the lovely village of Oak Creek, Sedona you'll find a gem...The doorway to the imagination awaits you here. Old World decor with hand-crafted antique doors and ornate iron gates from around the world, draw you in then transport you back in time. The restaurant wraps its arms around you and settles you into a dining experience that many foodies seek out, but rarely find. The restaurant has won numerous awards of excellence for food and service, as well as Wine Spectator Award of Excellence for 12 consecutive years. You will see Chef Lisa Dahl almost every evening visiting with guests, signing her award-winning cookbook, and in the kitchen paying close attention to every detail to ensure you'll have the most enjoyable dining experience. Happy Hour: Sunday-Thursday 4:00-6:00 PM.
Reviewed June 15, 2014

A bit of a surprise to have an upscale Italian restaurant in southern Sedona. Nice wine list. Everything seems hand crafted and hand made. Nice kids menu. Be sure to get a table outside with a great guitar player. Kind of cool funky bar. I would go back.

Reviewed June 13, 2014

Very tightly packed tables makes this an uncomfortable setup. The bottom of my pasta dish had fused into a solid lump - this in an "italian" restaurant?!

Reviewed June 12, 2014

Had a great Italian meal here. Ate on the terrace, which has an old world Italian ambiance. Food and service were excellent. A tad expensive though. One appetizer, 2 drinks and 2 entrees came to $125.....ouch. I guess one needs to splurge every once in a while. Pasta was freshly made. Overall, a very nice experience.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

One of the best meals ever. Service and food was excellent. The portion sizes are very generous but it was so good that both of my kids finished their meals completely! This was after the fresh warm bread and bruschetta. The flour less chocolate cake is incredible and we all had delicious meals. We chose this as our splurge meals and it was well worth it. Did not disappoint, service was excellent and they had live music.

Reviewed June 6, 2014

On a previous visit to Sedona, we had a very fine dinner at Dahl and Di Luca so we were curious about trying its sister restaurant Cucina Rustica.

We had an excellent dinner here. I've rarely had as much trouble selecting from a menu because so many things sounded good. We started with salads - my wife had the Rustica Exotica and I had the greek salad. Both get high marks. I settled on the Pollo Parmigiana which came with a side of pasta in their marinara red sauce. Both my stomach and taste buds were very happy. My wife had Aragosta alla Vodka which was had a delicious cream sauce. The wine list was quite large and our waiter helped us find a fine red wine to accompany our meals. For dessert we managed to find room to split the panna cotta which was a good finish to a wonderful meal.

Service was top notch and we were pleasantly entertained by a guitarist.

Been to Cucina Rustica? Share your experiences!