“Worth every cent!!!”
Review of Cucina Rustica

Cucina Rustica
Reserve with OpenTable
Cucina Rustica is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 203 Restaurants in Sedona
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Description: In the lovely village of Oak Creek, Sedona you'll find a gem...The doorway to the imagination awaits you here. Old World decor with hand-crafted antique doors and ornate iron gates from around the world, draw you in then transport you back in time. The restaurant wraps its arms around you and settles you into a dining experience that many foodies seek out, but rarely find. The restaurant has won numerous awards of excellence for food and service, as well as Wine Spectator Award of Excellence for 12 consecutive years. You will see Chef Lisa Dahl almost every evening visiting with guests, signing her award-winning cookbook, and in the kitchen paying close attention to every detail to ensure you'll have the most enjoyable dining experience. Happy Hour: Sunday-Thursday 4:00-6:00 PM.
Reviewed June 8, 2014

One of the best meals ever. Service and food was excellent. The portion sizes are very generous but it was so good that both of my kids finished their meals completely! This was after the fresh warm bread and bruschetta. The flour less chocolate cake is incredible and we all had delicious meals. We chose this as our splurge meals and it was well worth it. Did not disappoint, service was excellent and they had live music.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,505)

Reviewed June 6, 2014

On a previous visit to Sedona, we had a very fine dinner at Dahl and Di Luca so we were curious about trying its sister restaurant Cucina Rustica.

We had an excellent dinner here. I've rarely had as much trouble selecting from a menu because so many things sounded good. We started with salads - my wife had the Rustica Exotica and I had the greek salad. Both get high marks. I settled on the Pollo Parmigiana which came with a side of pasta in their marinara red sauce. Both my stomach and taste buds were very happy. My wife had Aragosta alla Vodka which was had a delicious cream sauce. The wine list was quite large and our waiter helped us find a fine red wine to accompany our meals. For dessert we managed to find room to split the panna cotta which was a good finish to a wonderful meal.

Service was top notch and we were pleasantly entertained by a guitarist.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

Fifteen years ago, my husband and I went to their other restaurant, Dahl and Delucca. It was very good. Meeting friends up in Sedona, we decided to try this place as we had concerns about smoke from the Slide fire. Great choice of restaurant!

Cucina Rustica is in an upscale shopping plaza in an idyllic setting--the red rocks of Sedona, actually the town of Oak Creek Village--just outside Sedona. You enter through a lovely outdoor terrace which has twinkle lights in the evening to add to the ambiance. Inside the restaurant you'll find a great bar and three different seating rooms. We were seated in the largest dining room and our round table for 7 located by the front glass with the outdoor terrace on the other side.
Only one person ordered an appetizer--Caprese which was served beautifully in a bowl. Fresh mozzarella, fresh tomatoes, fresh basil and a lovely drizzle of olive oil. Bread was fresh and plentiful.
Three of us ordered the linguini (made daily on premises) with shrimp--excellent. Others ordered salmon, chicken and pasta dishes-exellent. The desserts were fabulous: Flourless chocolate cake, Tiramisu and Creme Brûlée.
The decor was rustic and very upscale/casual/comfortable.
We will go back!

Reviewed June 5, 2014

Had dinner here before the Stargazer tour. This is an upscale restaurant with a wonderful, relaxing atmosphere. I had the seafood pasta and it was delicious. Great quality food and attentive service.

Reviewed June 4, 2014

This is a great upscale restaurant with absolutely wonderful food. My wife Edie and I go there when we can afford it. Prices are high but the quality and service is well worth it. If you are looking for a wonderful meal, great service and beautiful setting, then this is the place.
I was in the mood for Veal Parmigiana it was not on the menu. I saw they had chicken and eggplant Parmigiana and lots of veal dishes. I asked if they could mak the Veal Parmigiana for me. They said of course and it was wonderful. Now that is service.

Been to Cucina Rustica? Share your experiences!